PDA

View Full Version : Any other games?

MDDC
08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Are there any other games like Alan Wake? Storywise, because I loved how the story in this felt. I know Alone in the Dark was like Wake, but I didn't really like it too much...any suggestions? I only have a 360 & PC.

no remix
08-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I found BioShock had a compeling story. But that could just be me.

GoJoeThibaultGo
08-11-2010, 04:31 AM
bioshock had one of the greatest stories to grace the xbox. definitely worth a buy.:woop:

vetteindreams
08-11-2010, 06:29 AM
if you can get past the graphics *or can find the juicy upgraded ones* deus ex (PC)

MDDC
08-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I've already played Bioshock, and it still remains one of my all-time favorite games. I've just never played the second one, that's all.

As for Deus Ex...i'm going to be entirely honest...I didn't like the game. =[

dalope24
08-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Dead Space if your looking for somethign a little more freakier.

ArcaneFallout
08-12-2010, 06:02 AM
If you liked the whole 'Alan decides to do an Igor impression if you run too long' deal, then yeah, Dead Space is for you. Once you get used to the run speed, Issac's story just blows your mind.

And Bioshock starts off fairly... eh. But after the whole 'Atlas' arc, things really get interesting.

Never finished Bioshock 2. Stopped caring.

I hear alot of amazing things about Deus Ex, I'm very tempted to get it myself.

And the only reason I'm glad I got a Wii was for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Shame you don't. That had, by far, one of the most amazing plots I've ever seen. And it resembles Alan Wake to a 'T'. Play the game and you'll see what I mean.

MDDC
08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I love how every game mentioned, i've played. Except Silent Hill...the 360 and PC are really lacking good stories, aren't they?

thealmighty1200
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
i would suggest condemned for similar playability. the story isn't as good as alan wake but it is certainly worth a rent, or you can get it really cheap now anyway.

XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX
08-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Okay so before I posted anything I compared games with you to see what you've played.

Metro 2033 had a great story IMO and the reviews on this website only give it a 77/100. (I think its slightly higher than that though 85/100)

Clive Barkers Jericho is good if you can get used to the dumb AI, its your standard corridor shooter game with the mix of somewhat "magic abilities". I would say its mediocre at best but its fun and has an interesting story line. 75/100

Other good games to play would be Darksiders, Dante's Inferno (even though they are slight God of War rips), FEAR, FEAR Files (graphics aren't that great though)

Beta thorgo
08-12-2010, 11:07 PM
i have high hope for this game with all the hype for it!...I still probably wont get it for awhile though strapped for cash!

Beta thorgo
08-12-2010, 11:09 PM
What are your guys recomendation of the game!

XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX
08-12-2010, 11:24 PM
What are your guys recomendation of the game!

I'm gonna rip a thread I posted for someone else regarding if they should get Alan Wake or Crackdown 2:

Alan Wake takes about 10 hours to beat depending on difficulty setting or difficulty with the game itself. Crackdown 2 is even shorter but offers the multi player experience only to the limit of co-op.

Alan Wake is a psychological suspense thriller while Crackdown 2 is the same as Crackdown which was rather disappointing IMO being a player of both it just felt like playing the first one with a few more gadgets and a little less criminals, I admit running of thousands of freaks during the night is fun it gets repetitive very quickly.

Unlike Crackdown 2, Alan Wake has a solid story and can keep your attention, if your looking for easy ach. with the benefit of a great game you'll find it with the acception of collectibles. The DLC for Alan Wake is a good deal too with costing only 560mspoints with a future DLC on the way.

I have both you'll play either of them for about a week if you get that into them and then go back to your usual games, both good buys, I would buy Alan Wake simply because Crackdown 2 felt like playing the first one again.

:Bounce:Hope this helps you.

TwO1FouR
08-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Dead Space is pretty good and maybe FEAR

MDDC
08-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Well, i've been meaning to try Metro...so I might give that a shot...I HATED Jericho when I played it on an old account...Probably just didn't give it a good try...but i'll pick up Metro and give that a shot. Thanks!

the_b1ues
08-14-2010, 03:51 PM
like a few others have said bioshock has an amazing story, i think Fallout has a quiet a good story if you look around and find out the back story

MDDC
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Already beat Fallout 3 around six times. =]

RockWhore
08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Bit dated now but if you haven't played 'em I would say defo try out Max Payne 1 & 2. You will see the similarities in the storytelling.