PDA

View Full Version : DLC: News and Opinions

Monopoly Man 93
08-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Any news upon whether or not Fable 3 will include DLC shall forever more be preserved in this thread... unless deleted of course. This thread shall also contain opinions to whether players want or don't want to have to buy more adventures for the game.

Magespower
08-11-2010, 04:09 AM
I'd like to see it and I'm almost positive there will be alot of it..it adds so much extra to the story

Monopoly Man 93
08-12-2010, 01:53 AM
I personally believe that they should release DLC for this game just like in Fable 2 because after everyone has beaten the game and no longer plays it, the players will have a reason to go back to the game. This is, of course, a very smart business move and I really don't mind paying $5-10 for more action and adventure.

thegamingspoon
08-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Well considering this a solely single play game with co-op, they ought to add DLC to keep people playing

as long as the DLC is actually good, I wouldn't like to see a repeat of Oblivions "Horse Armour" Dear me that was scraping the barrel

Pearson
08-12-2010, 03:24 AM
I would love to see a lot of DLC come out for this game. I love DLC because it allows me to continue playing the games that I have fun playing. I mean you can only play a game so much before you get tired of playing the same storyline over and over!

evilhomer12345
08-12-2010, 04:28 PM
fable 2 had 2 dlc, so probably

Pantherrfan
08-12-2010, 09:03 PM
I would love to have more DLC but i hate having to pay M$ to get an add-on.

DFizzle720
08-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Realistically priced DLC for sure. I miss the days when a solid DLC pack was 400 points and that was that. I judge value by the amount of time I spend playing so if they go the same route as Fable II then I'll be happy.

Monopoly Man 93
08-14-2010, 08:05 PM
UGO: "Earlier this year (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178455), you said that Fable 3 will be supported with post-launch episodic downloadable content. What's your episodic DLC strategy?"
Peter Molyneux: "So we did the episodic thing for Fable 2, and it was enormously successful. More successful than we thought it was going to be. I think 1.6 million people downloaded episode one and that was almost a year after Fable 2 came out. We've got a lot going on in Fable 3, so we're probably not going to go episodic on the first day, but I definitely structured the game so it can be episodicly unlocked. You can think of how Fable continues to support that episodic structure.
We've got this new thing -- there is a shop that is linked to Xbox Live, and we as designers back in Lionhead (Studios), can put stuff in that shop anytime we like, and that shop is in one location of the Fable world. You could be playing Fable 3 and I could decide, "You know what? I am going to put this in the shop today." That means that there's more cool stuff in Fable 3 that can show up at anytime."

Just thought that I would let people know about this because this seems awesome! I can't wait for this game.

TwistedFate
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Just a note when PM talks episodic content in that blurb, he isn't referring to new content. He's referring to breaking the on-disc Fable 3 into smaller chunks for people to download, just like they did with Fable 2.

I don't know what the deal with the shop is, but it sounds like a nickel-and-dime you with new weapons or outfits type of deal, not a place to pick up new adventures.

Monopoly Man 93
08-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Just a note when PM talks episodic content in that blurb, he isn't referring to new content. He's referring to breaking the on-disc Fable 3 into smaller chunks for people to download, just like they did with Fable 2.

I don't know what the deal with the shop is, but it sounds like a nickel-and-dime you with new weapons or outfits type of deal, not a place to pick up new adventures.

Yeah you're probably right about them trying to break your piggy bank and make you spend all your money. But I think that it is still cool how they are adding so much new stuff to Fable 3 compared to the first two games.

Lenluc
09-05-2010, 02:08 AM
u cant ave a new game without ave add-on but it make it a lot of fun :)

Sir JL
09-05-2010, 02:11 AM
After seeing the price of Live go up $10, I feel DLC should be included.

Grado
09-11-2010, 11:20 PM
i agree with sir jl hopefully theylle be better then fable 2 but really i hope its already included or free :P

Miss Allen86
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
With AAA titles like this, there is almost always DLC added to it. The Devs put so much time and $ into making games like this, it would be silly if they didn't keep the $ train rolling. Not to mention if games like Metro 2033 can get DLC then this game surely has a chance of its own.

Toams07
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm 100% sure Fable III is going to have DLC.
Which is good, then we have more to enjoy when we completed the original part of the game.

R e A L ii T y
09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
The possibilities are endless to what they decide to put in the DLCs!