PDA

View Full Version : Gunless Wonder achievement glitched?

Jappe XBA
08-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I just finished the game and didn't fire a damn bullet (or flare) from the start of this achievement to the Tornado. I used flashbangs and normal flares with RB but never touched RT (excluding driving).

The only question remains for me is, are you allowed to shoot the flare gun at the tornado to destroy it? Or is that the only way to destroy it? The collectible guide says you get the achievement when you get to the lake...

So now for this stupid 30G I have to do this (episode) all over again because it's freaking glitched?!

Genesis x360a
08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I just finished the game and didn't fire a damn bullet (or flare) from the start of this achievement to the Tornado. I used flashbangs and normal flares with RB but never touched RT (excluding driving).

The only question remains for me is, are you allowed to shoot the flare gun at the tornado to destroy it? Or is that the only way to destroy it? The collectible guide says you get the achievement when you get to the lake...

So now for this stupid 30G I have to do this all over again because it's freaking glitched?!

You only have to clear one Episode without firing a bullet. Do this on Episode 6 and do not touch your trigger at all when your on foot and you should be fine. Yes you have to shoot the tornado. It should unlock as you walk down towards it. Also you cant re-load a checkpoint this has to be one in one sitting without dieing.

YouTube- ‪Alan Wake:Gunless Wonder Achievement Guide‬‎

Skip to 6:30 and you will see where the achievment should unlock.

Jappe XBA
08-11-2010, 03:49 PM
One episode took me over an hour to complete so :p Of course excluding the collectibles it can be done faster I suppose. Giving it a try now...

Jappe XBA
08-11-2010, 04:06 PM
OH without dieing... Never said so in the achievement description or in the collectible guide -.-

Genesis x360a
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
OH without dieing... Never said so in the achievement description or in the collectible guide -.-

Everytime i tryed it and died i never got the achievement. Then i was talking to friend who had it and he said that he did it without dieing (Re-loading checkpoint) So i went back did it without dieing and Blep Blop Achievement unlocked :)

Mister Buds
08-11-2010, 04:37 PM
it still unlocks if you die. when i did it, i got myself killed at the part with the giant spotlight because i lit a flare and for some reason the taken still attacked me. to further prove it, the guy even restarts a checkpoint near the beginning (same thing as dying) and gets it at the end.

my personal reasoning is that the three oddball achievements like this (gunless wonder, an idyllic small town, and meet the deadline) all seem to give different people trouble. i've seen a bunch of posts on here of people not being able to unlock one of them. an idyllic small town was glitched for me. completed it three times without dying before it unlocked. none of them are flat out glitched though, so just keep trying.

Jappe XBA
08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
it still unlocks if you die. when i did it, i got myself killed at the part with the giant spotlight because i lit a flare and for some reason the taken still attacked me. to further prove it, the guy even restarts a checkpoint near the beginning (same thing as dying) and gets it at the end.

my personal reasoning is that the three oddball achievements like this (gunless wonder, an idyllic small town, and meet the deadline) all seem to give different people trouble. i've seen a bunch of posts on here of people not being able to unlock one of them. an idyllic small town was glitched for me. completed it three times without dying before it unlocked. none of them are flat out glitched though, so just keep trying.

Good to hear that you CAN die, because I'm near the end right now and just got killed because ran out of flares and when I was picking up a new flare, just got to a generator (which creates safe heaven) and then a guy hits me a triple combo with his something tool and bam I'm dead in few seconds :D

Jappe XBA
08-11-2010, 05:00 PM
GOT IT! Propably didn't get it in the first time because I shot the flare gun too far and it counted for "the trip to the lake" lol :D happy with my achievement now <3

EliteShadowMan
08-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Good to hear that you CAN die, because I'm near the end right now and just got killed because ran out of flares and when I was picking up a new flare, just got to a generator (which creates safe heaven) and then a guy hits me a triple combo with his something tool and bam I'm dead in few seconds :D

lets hope u don't try playing nightmare

Genesis x360a
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
lets hope u don't try playing nightmare

Nightmare is easy. Just run and shine, run and shine. I found my nightmare playthrough less stressful and more easier than my Normal playthrough.

EliteShadowMan
08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Nightmare is easy. Just run and shine, run and shine. I found my nightmare playthrough less stressful and more easier than my Normal playthrough.

yeah i figured that trick on my own when i started Nightmare a day or so ago, it isn't that bad but a lot of people kept telling me Nightmare was really difficult...which being on Episode 6 i don't know how people can call this difficulty hard.

Murdok1
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
You only have to clear one Episode without firing a bullet. Do this on Episode 6 and do not touch your trigger at all when your on foot and you should be fine. Yes you have to shoot the tornado. It should unlock as you walk down towards it. Also you cant re-load a checkpoint this has to be one in one sitting without dieing.

I just did it and got the achievement.I did die and I didn't do it all in one sitting either.