PDA

View Full Version : Interception issues...

PSonic
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I have played several games at this point and have only managed to grab one INT. The opposing QB (12 rated) will throw right at my defenders and the ball will bounce off their hands like they're made of stone. I hit the Y button and the ball just gets batted away as opposed to caught.

What am I missing here? The 2 interception achievements are amongst the final 3 I need to complete the game (haven't started Madden Moments yet).

If anyone has some insight on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

bLaKgRaVy
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
That's a problem with both Madden and NCAA Football this year. It's as if the developers made it mega-hard to intercept the ball. I managed one interception (which I ran back for the TD), but that was all. For NCAA, I got one interception, but luckily I had spotlighted the receiver AND was in player lock, so I got both achievements from that one INT. I've tried using the sliders and editing the Catch rating on my players but nothing seems to work.

mikemc
08-12-2010, 04:21 PM
i haven't had any problems with this...just edit your players abilities and make sure you change the custom settings in your favor...also this year i think you have to hold down "Y" instead of just tapping it...this is what i've been doing and finished with 8 interceptions just last night...pretty straightforward

PSonic
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
i haven't had any problems with this...just edit your players abilities and make sure you change the custom settings in your favor...also this year i think you have to hold down "Y" instead of just tapping it...this is what i've been doing and finished with 8 interceptions just last night...pretty straightforward
Thanks for the responses. I will try holding the Y button instead of tapping to see if that makes a difference. I've already done all of the settings changes. I've been trying for interceptions both with 2 controllers (throwing at the same receiver each time) and against the CPU. INTs were definitely easier in NCAA 11 than in this one.

kiskit
08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I have played several games at this point and have only managed to grab one INT. The opposing QB (12 rated) will throw right at my defenders and the ball will bounce off their hands like they're made of stone. I hit the Y button and the ball just gets batted away as opposed to caught.

What am I missing here? The 2 interception achievements are amongst the final 3 I need to complete the game (haven't started Madden Moments yet).

If anyone has some insight on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
I hear u on this. Here's what I finally did:

I noticed that when my RE hit the QB whether it was a 12 rated or Tony Romo in the Pro Bowl, that if u hit him just as he was throwing ur D had a better "chance" at an INT.

I did 2 games set on (1 pro & 1 easy) at 5 min qtrs & my d was all 99 vs 12 ranked offense. Both games I only got 4 INT's. One game I scored over 200 pts & the other I was going for the come from behind win also.

So then I decided to sim to the Pro Bowl in franchise mode. I played as the AFC vs a Tony Romo qb'd NFC. Note: for this I used default rosters

I wound up with 6 INT's & many more forced fumbles. I kept lining my RE behind Romo by about 8-10 yds away. Long enough to get a good run at him & so u can clock him in mid throw. For me the key was for him to throw a lame duck pass & then my D caught the ball. It's all chance since I didn't do any catching just made it possible for my d to catch. I hate chance cheevos like this. It was still fairly painless.

Only need to finish about 15 or so madden moments to 1000-point this yrs Madden. Last yrs Madden I was still working on a couple online cheevs til last month.

c88
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Switch to the DB that the ball is going towards.. cut the route and press Y. Not hard at all.

PSonic
08-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Switch to the DB that the ball is going towards.. cut the route and press Y. Not hard at all.

Says you!

I went home at lunch to try my hand with holding the Y button as opposed to tapping it. First defensive play from scrimmage, I get a pick 6 and the corresponding achievement. Back on D a second time, another pick 6.

I picked up the 3rd INT at some point in the second quarter (5 min.). After that, I could not get the DB to actually catch the damn ball! It didn't matter whether I tapped Y, held Y, or sat on Y. I ran out of time and in frustration, shut off my 360 and came back to work.

I will continue the quest later on tonight...

TREVORr_35
08-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm having similar issues except that I put my guy in perfect position and he acts like he is going to catch it and never does even with 99 catching, I just don't get it.

Seems like I will never get this one and Pick Up 6.

c88
08-12-2010, 09:37 PM
I intercepted Drew Brees 4 times in 5 minute quarters playing with the Rams. If I would have had an extra minute or two in each quarter... I would have easily grabbed 5.

Just stay with it. It really is more timing than anything else.

kiskit
08-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Says you!

I went home at lunch to try my hand with holding the Y button as opposed to tapping it. First defensive play from scrimmage, I get a pick 6 and the corresponding achievement. Back on D a second time, another pick 6.

I picked up the 3rd INT at some point in the second quarter (5 min.). After that, I could not get the DB to actually catch the damn ball! It didn't matter whether I tapped Y, held Y, or sat on Y. I ran out of time and in frustration, shut off my 360 and came back to work.

I will continue the quest later on tonight...

this was same problem I had I had 4 int's & then nothing. I also kept switching to the correct DB & every which way of manipulationg, holding tapping etc the freakin' Y button.

So I did the way I wriote n my above post: hit the qb as he is throwing. I easily got 6 INT's B4 I stopped trying while playing for the Pro Bowl cheevo. (the INT cheevo unlocked rite after game & Pro Bowl cheevo unlocks once u return to franchise menu).

This felt more reliable of a chance than hoping to get the right way of hitting the Y button. Both r timing & chance more than skill so not a great achievement.

SteelRoots55
08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
No prob on long throws when I have time to press 'Y', but friggin' impossible any other time.

III se7en III
08-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Is it better to hold or tap Y?

trueGstatus
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I've played 12 games with the Ravens in Franchise mode on Pro and at this point Ray Lewis has more picks (7) than Ed Reed (1). At times I feel like my LBs are 10 feet tall and can grab anything over the middle, but my DBs have hands of stone. Something's definitely off.

BladeMDP
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Here's what I did to get the 5 interceptions. I played with Falcons vs. the Rams (a team that plays out of the shotgun alot.

1. Went to ALL Falcons defenders (with the exception of the DL) and max out their "catching attributes" as well as coverage attributes and play recognition attribute.

2. Went to depth chart and for the DT and DE and made the lowest rated players the starters (you don't want to get a strong rush on the QB).

3. For the Rams QB, lower his rating to a 12.

4. For the game settings, play 15 min quarters, turn game clock off, set rewinds to unlimited.

5. When playing the game, immediately jump out to a big lead (I went to 28-0), this will put the opposing team in a position to pass more.

6. Pick Nickel defense, one that generally doesn't blitz any extra players (cover 3 for instance).

7. Control your defensive lineman, using the "B" button to keep them AWAY from the QB. Use the rewind if need be.

I never attempted to control the DBs (except AFTER the interception) and got the 5 interceptions b4 the first quarter was over (at that point I just got possession of the ball and just ran the rest of quarters out (with game clock off).

Hope this helps!

Lozia
08-13-2010, 07:51 PM
I didn't have any problems with this one. I was playing as Bengals vs Rams and had the Rams to All Madden and me to Rookie (none of the stats were changed except Pass Defence I moved all the way up I think). After I pressed A to throw to a receiver I tapped B and stopped the Rams player from going towards the ball. Maualuga got it 50% of the time.

bLaKgRaVy
08-14-2010, 03:09 AM
I played the Steelers against a CPU Lions. I edited the CPU QB's accuracies and power to 12. I played the same Cover 2 defense the entire game where my LB's cover the zone. Incidentally, my safeties got 3 of the 5 interceptions. Instinctively, I held down :ybut: instead of just pressing it, and I got user picks every time.

wildwest08
08-14-2010, 07:36 AM
i got 4 quick ones with the jets and revis but so far nothing else so i hope i get it in the last few quarters

xYx VeNoM xYx
08-15-2010, 09:02 AM
The easiest way to do it is as follows:

Pick whatever team but preferably one that has a good secondary such as the jets.

Now use 2 controllers and it doesn't matter the opposing team.

Put the opposing team in punt fake pass have your d in a prevent defense which is 3-4 defenders far back to prevent a td.

Now lob by tapping the button once and 3-4 defenders will hawk the one receiver and you can manually pick them very easy this way. You should get your picks very quickly this way.

wildwest08
08-17-2010, 09:24 PM
this is getting ridiculous i am editing revis and cromartie and the safeties on the jets to 99 on all catching and defending and playing the lions. I control both teams and just lob it up and pull the reciever and they don't intercept the easy pick. what can I do, this is my last achievement

xBiG ReDx
08-17-2010, 11:12 PM
IF ANYONE WANTS TO BOOST THIS CHEEVO ONLINE LET ME KNOW. I NEED IT TO WE CAN BOOST EACH OTHER. message me . gt Fleischinator

kingbayodagr8
08-18-2010, 03:36 AM
something is def wrong. wide open pix with Ed reed, and he drops them 70% of the time. and yes, its ME thats pressing y. i lose alot of gms this way...

wildwest08
08-18-2010, 08:01 AM
something is def wrong. wide open pix with Ed reed, and he drops them 70% of the time. and yes, its ME thats pressing y. i lose alot of gms this way...

i hear ya most of the time i let the cpu do it but this is the worst interception code of any football game. any other game is easy with two controllers, but this one seems to make it impossible at times to get any interceptions even when revis is waiting for the ball to be thrown right at him