PDA

View Full Version : Want entertainment? Check this out.

T-Hybrid
08-13-2010, 12:40 AM
This RB forum thread (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198108) after the Achievements were announced.

According to them x360a.com is apparently a bunch of liars that have been fooled by a very skilled hacker.

Can somebody more familiar with how x360a verifies their content step in and set some of those knuckleheads straight? It's downright embarassing...

Terarin
08-13-2010, 01:41 AM
That was 43 pages of RB forum fail.

mikachu93
08-13-2010, 02:10 AM
The list looks odd. I'm not going to say it's a total fake (I'd rather avoid that sh*t storm), but a few achievements look a little strange to me. Why A Perfect Drug, when Nine Inch Nails said they want nothing more to do with the franchise? Why an achievement for an Endless Setlist III when Dan (or John) said there wouldn't be an ESL3; just a 'spiritual successor'? "Connect your Rock Band 3 Band with rockband.com at http://www.rockband.com" is just... it doesn't sound right; I can see them making an achievement for it, but the wording is horrible. No Tour achievements, unless the Road Challenges is taking it's place. An achievement for three '80s metal songs is odd, unless that ties in to what one of the devs said in an early interview about the new song filters. No achievement for online play is odd, but nothing alarming.

x360a is famous for posting accurate lists straight from Xbox.com itself, but I can't help hoping something is changed further down the line.

Off-topic, has any game ever been released with more than 1000 gamer points day one? I can't think of any game besides the music games that have been released with DLC that works day one, unless you want to count pre-order bonuses. (EDIT: Answered.)

Purge
08-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Dragon Age: Origins had day one DLC that came with the original game.

mikachu93
08-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Thanks. Never played Dragon Age. I heard I shoulda gotten into the game ages ago. No pun intended.

Terarin
08-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Mass Effect 2 had a day one DLC achievement, too.

Purge
08-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Aha, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Mass Effect 2 did as well. They are both made by Bioware and are published by EA, so I think it's just EA's way of making you buy the game new instead of renting it or buying it preowned.

EDIT:
Ninja'd! :p

mikachu93
08-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Mass Effect 2 had a day one DLC achievement, too.
Forgot about the Cerberus Network. I bought the game so many months after it was released.

Killah45
08-13-2010, 06:05 AM
The list looks odd. I'm not going to say it's a total fake (I'd rather avoid that sh*t storm), but a few achievements look a little strange to me. Why A Perfect Drug, when Nine Inch Nails said they want nothing more to do with the franchise? Why an achievement for an Endless Setlist III when Dan (or John) said there wouldn't be an ESL3; just a 'spiritual successor'? "Connect your Rock Band 3 Band with rockband.com at http://www.rockband.com" is just... it doesn't sound right; I can see them making an achievement for it, but the wording is horrible. No Tour achievements, unless the Road Challenges is taking it's place. An achievement for three '80s metal songs is odd, unless that ties in to what one of the devs said in an early interview about the new song filters. No achievement for online play is odd, but nothing alarming.

x360a is famous for posting accurate lists straight from Xbox.com itself, but I can't help hoping something is changed further down the line.

Off-topic, has any game ever been released with more than 1000 gamer points day one? I can't think of any game besides the music games that have been released with DLC that works day one, unless you want to count pre-order bonuses. (EDIT: Answered.)

I also find it odd that there are no achievements for pro vocals and that the guitar has the majority of the achievements when in past games it more balanced. The achievement for maintaining overdrive for 60 seconds seems weird to, the same achievement is in Rock Band 2 but it's for maintaining for 90 seconds. It seems odd that they would repeat it with a lower time. Also the number of achievements (62) is odd as Microsoft's policy is that a game can launch with 50 and add 30, up to 10 at a time, with DLC, but it must be spaced out. An extra 12 right off the bat seems weirder still.

toops
08-13-2010, 06:12 AM
I also find it odd that there are no achievements for pro vocals lololololol pro vocals, remind me how that works again?

TwistedFate
08-13-2010, 12:47 PM
the guitar has the majority of the achievements when in past games it more balanced.

RB3 has 9 Guitar specific achieves which is 50% more than the 2nd place Keyboard/Vocals with 6 each. (G=9, V=6, K=6, D=5, B=1)

RB2 Drums had 6 which is 100% more than 2nd place Guitar at 3. (D=6, G=3, V=2, B=2)

The achievement for maintaining overdrive for 60 seconds seems weird to, the same achievement is in Rock Band 2 but it's for maintaining for 90 seconds. It seems odd that they would repeat it with a lower time.

Not so odd, they've done it in the past. They reduce harmonies requirements from Beatles to Green Day.

Also the number of achievements (62) is odd as Microsoft's policy is that a game can launch with 50 and add 30, up to 10 at a time, with DLC, but it must be spaced out. An extra 12 right off the bat seems weirder still.

To me this helps prove it's real. EVERYBODY knows the achievement rules by now. Why would somebody deliberately create a fake list that breaks the rules? It's more likely that RB3 got a special rule because of it's unique situation than somebody who didn't know the rules went to all the trouble of creating a fake list.

The fact that there are DLC specific achievements help me believe it's real. It just isn't done in the gaming world to have the full set of DLC achieves at launch, why would you fake them from the get go?

I find some of things people are mentioning odd too, but I can explain away some of them. Right now I'm leaning towards real.

lololololol pro vocals, remind me how that works again?

Pitch matters, you have to sing at the same pitch as the song.

toops
08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Pitch matters, you have to sing at the same pitch as the song. that's just expert. the only thing they added to vocals was harmonies which there are achievements for. unless you meant you have to sing in the same octave as the song, which is not a thing in the game.
pro vocals does not exist

TwistedFate
08-13-2010, 05:16 PM
that's just expert. the only thing they added to vocals was harmonies which there are achievements for. unless you meant you have to sing in the same octave as the song, which is not a thing in the game.
pro vocals does not exist

My mistake then, I was going off old information, that may have been wrong on top of old. It seems wherever I got it from ( can't find it now ), may have been confusing the iZotope technology being added with game play features or I just misunderstood.

The Nerevarine
08-13-2010, 10:17 PM
\Why A Perfect Drug, when Nine Inch Nails said they want nothing more to do with the franchise? Trent never said that, in fact, he considered releasing an album simultaneous as DLC... ended up deciding against it (including making a NIN Rock Band game even though there's a damn NIN TapTap Revenge), but doesn't hate the games like some musicians.

Pretty big fail for Reznor, in my opinion, considering he's usually on top of new technology, plays video games, writes music for Quake, and wants people to enjoy his music in different ways... then he gets all elitist against rhythm gamers after riding the bandwagon. I still love him, but hate his new opinion on the matter.

That said, "The Perfect Drug" and Queen songs should be on every RB player's hard drive. 80's metal, on the other hand...

Des
08-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I also find it odd that there are no achievements for pro vocals and that the guitar has the majority of the achievements when in past games it more balanced. The achievement for maintaining overdrive for 60 seconds seems weird to, the same achievement is in Rock Band 2 but it's for maintaining for 90 seconds. It seems odd that they would repeat it with a lower time. Also the number of achievements (62) is odd as Microsoft's policy is that a game can launch with 50 and add 30, up to 10 at a time, with DLC, but it must be spaced out. An extra 12 right off the bat seems weirder still.

The game actually has enough in it to teach you how to become an expert guitar player. No where near enough for vocals. It's just fair. I laughed that the drum achievements were for easy. I think that's loltastic. As apparently they feel drums require more skill than vocals :)

mikachu93
08-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Trent never said that, in fact, he considered releasing an album simultaneous as DLC... ended up deciding against it (including making a NIN Rock Band game even though there's a damn NIN TapTap Revenge), but doesn't hate the games like some musicians.
Didn't Trent say he was done releasing songs on Rock Band after the second pack because people were beating the songs too easily?