PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Band 3 Box Set

Hurricanes550
08-13-2010, 05:39 AM
Now I was wondering what is in the box set for this game? Is it just the keyboard, regular drums, regular guitar and mic? If so, they should of just made the box set include the keyboard and all the pro addons. (pro guitar and extra drum cymbals)

DOOKH8R
08-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Now I was wondering what is in the box set for this game? Is it just the keyboard, regular drums, regular guitar and mic? If so, they should of just made the box set include the keyboard and all the pro addons. (pro guitar and extra drum cymbals)

Do you have a link for a full set? I have only seen pre-orders for keyboard and game together as a set and for the guitar and game separately.

Hurricanes550
08-13-2010, 05:46 AM
I tried looking for a link that reveals the RB3 box set but have come up empty. Maybe someone has found something about the box set.

mikachu93
08-13-2010, 05:49 AM
I tried looking for a link that reveals the RB3 box set but have come up empty. Maybe someone has found something about the box set.
That's because there is none. You can buy the game with a keyboard, or just the game; no game/pro guitar/keyboard/pro drum set bundle.

Hurricanes550
08-13-2010, 06:02 AM
Ah ok that won't be too bad then with the game and keyboard bundle...it works out for me considering i didn't need another 5 button guitar and mic...just the keyboard and another drum set (because the pads just love to crack open :( )

It would be nice though if they did come up with a pro package for the game.

preppypoof
08-13-2010, 06:49 PM
i'll be surprised if they don't have a FULL bundle that comes with squier guitar, drums, pro cymbals, keyboard, micrphone, and game. there's got to be a lot of people that want rock band 3 but don't have most of the instruments.

lostmotiv
08-13-2010, 07:27 PM
i'll be surprised if they don't have a FULL bundle that comes with squier guitar, drums, pro cymbals, keyboard, micrphone, and game. there's got to be a lot of people that want rock band 3 but don't have most of the instruments.

that would be mad expensive and probably only a very small percent of the population would spend the money on it. plus i get the feeling while the madcatz guitar will be fairly common the actual squier will be somewhat rare due to it's likely higher price tag and lower production numbers.

mikachu93
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Then prepare yourself for quite a surprise, because again, they are not going to make a full Pro bundle.

buttsaywat
08-14-2010, 12:35 AM
when does it come out

TwistedFate
08-14-2010, 12:55 AM
when does it come out

October 26

CrossFireZX5
08-14-2010, 05:01 PM
I really, really want them to make a full bundle, with the keyboard, both guitars, a new drumkit (or just the cymbals if there are no major upgrades between the RB2/3 kit) and probably a new mic so I could have 3 hopefully a mic stand would come with so I could try singing and playing guitar at the same time.

On a side-note, I expect that we'll learn the complete setlist in no more than a couple of weeks (by PAX at the latest)

Crazy Cabbie
08-16-2010, 03:53 AM
A reveiw was in this months Game Informer. U can buy a bundle. The kit includes: A six string guitar, a keyboard, an updated drum kit( looks like the RB1 but with 3 Cymbals), and an Improved Mic that senses pitch better.

mikachu93
08-16-2010, 04:56 AM
A reveiw was in this months Game Informer. U can buy a bundle. The kit includes: A six string guitar, a keyboard, an updated drum kit( looks like the RB1 but with 3 Cymbals), and an Improved Mic that senses pitch better.
Very interesting, because Harmonix said the only bundle available was game+keyboard.

GILLHUHN
08-17-2010, 09:52 PM
I really, really want them to make a full bundle, with the keyboard, both guitars, a new drumkit (or just the cymbals if there are no major upgrades between the RB2/3 kit) and probably a new mic so I could have 3 hopefully a mic stand would come with so I could try singing and playing guitar at the same time.

On a side-note, I expect that we'll learn the complete setlist in no more than a couple of weeks (by PAX at the latest) The rock band 3 kit for drums is just a rock band 2 drum set with 3 cymbals.

Clarky08
08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
I still have the Rockband 1 instruments (wired in all their glory) and i was hoping to upgrade to a Rockband 3 bundle whilst trading in the old instruments. I take it now all new instruments are wireless? - I will only pay for new ones if this is the case.

When the beers are flowing and the game is rocking there's nothing worse than a mate tripping over on his way to the toilet haha.

TwistedFate
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
I still have the Rockband 1 instruments (wired in all their glory) and i was hoping to upgrade to a Rockband 3 bundle whilst trading in the old instruments. I take it now all new instruments are wireless? - I will only pay for new ones if this is the case.

Yes, and no.

Yes, all new instruments, except maybe microphone (but you can get a wireless mic), are wireless.

No, there is not an official bundle to upgrade to. You can get RB3 in one of two different packages: with or without keyboard.

Some retailers may offer a bundle, but all they are doing is taking individual instruments and selling them together.

Kellwolf9E
08-19-2010, 10:20 PM
When the beers are flowing and the game is rocking there's nothing worse than a mate tripping over on his way to the toilet haha.

As long as there's not a glass table or an emergency room trip involved, I'd almost think that makes it BETTER. :)

Miss Allen86
09-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Say whaaaaat!!! I can't believe there isn't a box set for RB3. That's a major fail for Harmonix. I still have all the instruments from the first game but their old and decrepid. : (

mikachu93
09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
That's a major fail for Madcatz and Fender.
Went ahead and fixed that for you.

Straylow
09-15-2010, 04:12 PM

I believe you might have misread something. If you are referring to the GameInformer from August (Dragon Age 2 cover), there is a short preview that lists the prices of the individual instruments and some breakdowns of how it plays. If you are referring to the September issue (Batman Arkham City cover), which has the two page spread on the Rock Band 3 instruments, that one states only how each of them work and the improvements behind them. So, unfortunately, there's no mention of a bundle. Plus, we would have definitely seen a reserve SKU for it by now if they were planning on releasing it.

As far as I know, you can still find some stores selling the Rock Band 2 set for around $130-$140. Although, it is hard to find in-store. I do hope that they realize some people have no instruments or want to upgrade and, at least, bring back the RB2 Bundle somehow. I haven't seen an Xbox360 one in our store in over 8 months.

Bassani
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
There was a video somewhere with one of the Harmonix members saying that there will be no bundle other than the keyboard & game, everything else you must buy alone. I also thought that I heard that for the Pro guitars, the Squier guitar will not be available at launch, just the Mustang.

Here is a link to all the stuff from gamestop's site
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Rockband%203

Straylow
09-24-2010, 02:50 PM
There was a video somewhere with one of the Harmonix members saying that there will be no bundle other than the keyboard & game, everything else you must buy alone. I also thought that I heard that for the Pro guitars, the Squier guitar will not be available at launch, just the Mustang.

Here is a link to all the stuff from gamestop's site
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Rockband%203

Actually the Mustang Pro-Guitar isn't shipping till November. Both in-store and online. That made me a bit frustrated, but on the up-side, I'll be able to focus on the old guitar play and the new keyboard a little bit more before I have to worry about starting over on Easy.

Although the date of the Pro-Guitar might actually change. We still have a month left before the game drops, so we'll see.