PDA

View Full Version : .308 famine?

H1dd3nSh4d0w
08-13-2010, 10:57 PM
does anybody know how to get more .308 bullets? there seems to be only a handful of locations/npcs that carry these rounds, making them extremely rare, and makes the sniper rifle pretty much useless. whats the point of it then? is there someplace that sells a lot of these rounds that im just unaware of, or should i just stick with the hunting rifle (which isnt all that bad anyway)?

m3i0x3
08-13-2010, 11:31 PM
all vendors usually re-stock in 3 in-game days. if you've got the caps that might be a good route for you. buy out all 308 rounds from rivet city/ megaton/traveling salesman, etc. etc. then wait a few in-game days and make your rounds again.

the Scrounger perk seems to help me ALOT. im overloaded with ammo right now. thousands for each type.

also try the Fort's... Fort Constantine and Fort Independence, and also the Wheaton Armory

**edit** also if youve completed "The Pitt" dont forget about the ammo press, turning unused ammo or scrap metal into the ammo of your choosing

BelatedHero
08-17-2010, 04:51 PM
That is intentional. All the very powerful "early game" guns have either rare ammo (sniper rifle and magnum), or use lots of common ammo (minigun).

As you get higher skill, you'll start using less and less ammo since each shot does more. Plus, you'll get money to buy from stores that will restock every few days.

As stated above, the Pitt DLC has the ammo press.

Finally, try using multiple guns. For example, use the sniper rifle for your opening volley, then switch to a Chinese assault rifle for close in combat. That way you spread your ammo needs out.

Also, if you want to cheat, you can look up the Gary glitch for Operation Anchorage in combination with the infinite ammo exploit. That will give you as much ammo as you want (actually, its limited to like 60,000 rounds or something, but essentially unlimited). I don't suggest you do that on your first play-through though. experience the game the way it was ment to be played.

Corrupt.
08-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Some good tips there, thanks.