PDA

View Full Version : Finally, an AMAZING achievement list, kicks GHWOWs ass!

Inferno9000
08-14-2010, 12:39 AM
So, my favorite achievement lists for GH/RB games were definitely GH2, GH3, GHSH, and GHVH, mainly due to the 5 starring songs on expert and the multiple instrument careers challenge that I had to learn every instrument on expert, it was fun. The other GH games suck, and RB, though amazingly fun, had really easy achievement lists, and the songs weren't THAT difficult. However, this new game has not only TWO WHOLE NEW INSTRUMENTS!! for me to master, but a bunch of achievements that require skill and knowledge of these instruments, and I'll be playing all the songs too! Unlike GHM, which you only needed to play 15 songs for each career to win :p.

This achievement list looks great, especially since WoR's list is terribad (reminds me of GH5, brrr...)

SO yeah, I'm really psyched for the new rockband!

Inferno9000
08-14-2010, 12:42 AM
wait, just read this, are there going to be MORE pro instruments than the guitar? I thought the only two new add ons were the keyboard and stratocoaster guitar. If there are pro drums too, then nevermind, that's too much money

toops
08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
wait, just read this, are there going to be MORE pro instruments than the guitar? I thought the only two new add ons were the keyboard and stratocoaster guitar. If there are pro drums too, then nevermind, that's too much money there's not necessarily a new drum controller, just cymbal add-ons for your stock kit or your ions, or a midi box to connect your e-kit. still requires money but not nearly as much as a new set

TwistedFate
08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
wait, just read this, are there going to be MORE pro instruments than the guitar? I thought the only two new add ons were the keyboard and stratocoaster guitar. If there are pro drums too, then nevermind, that's too much money

Pro Drums is just a $30 cymbal pack add on.

Spade422
08-14-2010, 04:51 AM
Pro Drums is just a $30 cymbal pack add on.

assuming you are using a kit that is compatible. many people still play on rb1 or ghwt drums, so they won't be too pleased with this.

still its better than harmonix creating an actual drum that costs $400 -_-

also, one more question, i am almost for sure it will, but will ion kits work with pro mode?

DOOKH8R
08-14-2010, 05:05 AM
What is GHWOW?

TwistedFate
also, one more question, i am almost for sure it will, but will ion kits work with pro mode?

I'm not sure if the Ions came with 2 cymbals or if the 2 cymbals are an expansion for that kit. At the least Ion owners need 1 cymbal, at most they need 3 like RB2 kit owners. Note that they do not use the same cymbals so the pricing will be different.

JohnnyR74
also, one more question, i am almost for sure it will, but will ion kits work with pro mode? Yeah, I'm positive Ion sets will work with pro mode, granted you have the cymbals.

Inferno9000
08-14-2010, 06:29 AM
What is GHWOW?

My bad, I meant GHWOR

Also, I understand it costs a lot, but it's coming out around holidays, even if I'm in college, my parents still say they'll get me holiday presents, so for me the guitar and keyboard shouldn't be a big problem, I'd be more upset if I HAD to pick it up launch day, as 3 other CE games I really want come out around then (SWFUII, Fallout New Vegas, Fable III, AC Brotherhood I think). I like the list because of the skill it puts on it over misc. stupid crap (i.e. GH5's entire list pretty much), though I agree with you, having to pay money for the base achievements is not great, it's just another reason to push me to buy that guitar!

Spade422
08-14-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm not sure if the Ions came with 2 cymbals or if the 2 cymbals are an expansion for that kit. At the least Ion owners need 1 cymbal, at most they need 3 like RB2 kit owners. Note that they do not use the same cymbals so the pricing will be different.

ion kits have extentions to cymbals in the drum brain (up to 3 on all pads except red). you can get an ion kit with up to 2 cymbals maximum or none at all.

ILoveAztecChick
08-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm disappointed that there aren't more challenging pro guitar achievements, not even any that require you to play expert. That was the feature I was looking forward to the most, and it won't be as fun without achievements as goals.

Kellwolf9E
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Comes with two, but you can buy an extra to make it three. If you're an overachiever, you can even use Y-split 1/4 cables to have 4....or 5. The nice thing about the Ions is you can run down to Guitar Center to pick up another cymbal if you really need it. The bad thing....one cymbal may cost as much as the RB2 add on cymbal kit.

And yes, they'll work in pro mode on RB3.

finallife6
08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
yeah i was planning to get the pro instruments so yeah but the gh one looked like crap anyway (achievements needing exact scores is a load of ____ )

CactuarMan
08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
So I'm assuming the Beatles RB drum kit will work with the cymbals? I haven't really been following what new instruments (if any) have come out since Beatles.

Cpl Edmonds
08-26-2010, 01:47 PM
i hope Harmonix Box's Everything all together ( key's pro guitar and a new drum kit with cymbals) because my drum kit looks like crap..

Kellwolf9E
08-26-2010, 03:13 PM
So I'm assuming the Beatles RB drum kit will work with the cymbals? I haven't really been following what new instruments (if any) have come out since Beatles.

Yes. Beatles kit is essentially a RB2 kit with a different paint job.

For those of you looking for cheap RB instruments, you can find the bundle on clearance at Wal-Mart for around $90.