PDA

View Full Version : On-Disc Prediction Thread

mikachu93
08-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Change of pace from the achievement discussion.

Just wondering what songs or bands you fully expect to make an appearance in Rock Band 3.

Rules:
1. There must be some sort of basis for your prediction; no "because I said so," or "there lyke muh favrit band evar."
2. It's already been confirmed that not all songs on-disc will have keyboards. While this says nothing about other instruments, predictions are allowed to have a single instrument missing. No instrumentals, however.
3. Be reasonable with your predictions. Harmonix isn't going to be using your local garage bands or underground bands only you and the band members themselves have heard of.

Example of a good prediction: "Come Sail Away by Styx, because of the amazing keys and surprising exclusion from the pack released ages ago."
Example of a bad prediction: "I just started listening to King Shogun recently, so I think he should be in the game."

So... predict?

Neverender
08-14-2010, 07:16 AM
I fully expect for Dream Theater to have at least one song on RB3. Harmonix always likes to throw in a few songs that are there just for sheer difficulty (I believe they referred to it as the "Dragonforce Factor" once), and almost all of Dream Theater's songs have incredibly difficult to play parts for every instrument, including keyboard. As to what the song could be, I haven't a clue.

Spade422
08-14-2010, 07:58 AM
i would expect a nirvana song, but since they already put out pretty much all the songs they could for dlc on rb2, i wouldn't be surprised if they didnt.

i would like more radiohead, since the band has broad keyboard use in many of their songs and some of their hits could be charted very well for a full band.

there must be megadeth (can anyone say countdown to extinction?)

maybe another hard metallica song (not like enter sandman) like all nightmare long or master of puppets (based on charting not popularity)

its been said but dream theater has to have another song with the new keyboard feature.

steely dan - do it again -> keyboard/guitar amazingness

plenty more in the back of my head i can probably think of but im too tired to even type right now, so sorry if this list is bland or not interesting

TwistedFate
08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
I fully expect for Dream Theater to have at least one song on RB3.
its been said but dream theater has to have another song with the new keyboard feature.

Portnoy already said they weren't. It was kind of and iffy sounding quote, not that the quote was suspicious, but that Portnoy didn't sound 100% sure so I suppose it could happen. I'm not holding my breath, though.

mikachu93
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Portnoy already said they weren't. It was kind of and iffy sounding quote, not that the quote was suspicious, but that Portnoy didn't sound 100% sure so I suppose it could happen. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Yepp. Allegedly, Portnoy responded to an interview with "I don't know if we have a song on rock Band 3, but I hope so!" (Or something very close to that.)

It's not surprising that he doesn't know, I suppose. Some bands don't even know they're on the game until after it's released; the higher-ups (labels, managers) usually deal with the legal business and leave it at that.

TwistedFate
08-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Yepp. Allegedly, Portnoy responded to an interview with "I don't know if we have a song on rock Band 3, but I hope so!" (Or something very close to that.)

It's not surprising that he doesn't know, I suppose. Some bands don't even know they're on the game until after it's released; the higher-ups (labels, managers) usually deal with the legal business and leave it at that.

That's what makes it sketchy for me. Portnoy is usually on top of things when it comes to DT. He's kind of the driving force and leader.

TacticalTodger
08-14-2010, 05:52 PM
I would expect a Paramore song or a ADTR song

JohnnyR74
08-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I think something like "Butterflies and Hurricanes" from Muse would be perfect. I know Muse is a totally original choice, but give it a listen if you haven't. I think it would fit really well. Muse is a reasonable choice, judging from the giant mass of people demanding they be included. It'll happen eventually. :p

General Boredom
08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Karma Police by Radiohead; it would be awesome to play on the keyboard and we need more than two of their songs in RB.

mikachu93
08-14-2010, 10:08 PM
There was a CCR twelve-pack a few weeks back, and for some reason excluded Have You Ever Seen the Rain?, arguably their most popular song.

EDIT: Ran out of time earlier. No point in double posting.

I fully expect bands like Nirvana, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Bon Jovi to return. All three are veterans to the series; Nirvana's had two on-disc songs and three packs; the Red Hot Chili Peppers have had two on-disc songs and an entire album; and Bon Jovi's had three on-disc appearances, with Bad Medicine rumoured since the very beginning. If the leaked setlist is to be believed (and it's been surprisingly accurate so far), that's just more reason to believe we'll be seeing them again. If I had to guess the songs: Heart-Shaped Box (Nirvana), Can't Stop or Californication (Chili Peppers), and Bad Medicine (Bon Jovi).

Six of the bands on the leaked list have been officially confirmed by Harmonix, and all of the songs (with the exception of the Avenged Sevenfold song, since only the band's definite appearance has been announced) have been spot on. While the creator of the list said that some of these songs will be DLC and not on-disc, these are probably the most likely to appear. While I don't expect Amy Winehouse or (sadly) Bob Marley to be on the final setlist, I will go out and predict:

1. Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold (big hit that most music gamers should be familiar with)
2. Killing Loneliness by HIM (one of their bigger hits, piano, harmonies)
3. I Wanna Be Sedated, by The Ramones (everybody knows the song, biggest Ramones track we're missing, harmonies, good starting track for Pro mode)

I also wouldn't be surprised if Slipknot and The Police made their way into the game for the same reasons.

Poisonheadcrab
08-15-2010, 04:04 AM
I'd prefer they not put one in (instead release their greatest hits album later as DLC), but I'll be surprised if Styx isn't in there before it's all done.

Neverender
08-15-2010, 06:30 AM
I just thought of this, but Rush would also be a good fit. Difficult instrument parts, keyboards, and all. As for the song, I'd think they'd want to get one of the more keyboard-y songs to push the peripheral, but I don't know...

And I can almost guarantee Styx will somehow be in the setlist. My first guess would've been "Renegade", but I know that got released as DLC... As long as it's not "Mr. Roboto", though, I'll be happy.

Spade422
08-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Karma Police by Radiohead; it would be awesome to play on the keyboard and we need more than two of their songs in RB.

it would be a great song to have, but i have been praying since My Iron Lung came out that they would add Paranoid Android -> amazing guitar part/ potentially challenging fast-strumming guitar solo + beautiful breakdown harmonies.

only problem is that im 95% sure theres no bass part or a keyboard part for that matter in the song, so that kills a lot of on-disc factors. plus it would be a pain to chart since they literally use 4 guitars in the song.

Kellwolf9E
08-15-2010, 07:43 PM
And I can almost guarantee Styx will somehow be in the setlist. My first guess would've been "Renegade", but I know that got released as DLC... As long as it's not "Mr. Roboto", though, I'll be happy.

Come Sail Away. It's got that killer piano opening that would likely be a 5-tier keyboard part from hell. That's my ball park guess at least.

Portnoy's already got a new song out for DLC. Does "Nightmare" count? :) Judging by his Twitter account, he's tossing almost as much drive and concentration into A7X as he does into DT. Personally, I'd kill to get the whole "Scenes From a Memory" album. Now that we've got a keyboard peripheral, I'd kill twice.

brickonator
08-19-2010, 08:23 AM
After finally getting the large Flight 666 pack I 'd like to see more Iron Maiden. They just released a new album this August, so maybe some of that, or there is still plenty of red classic songs to add.

Red Hot Chili Peppers also would be a nice choice. Some of the hits from the recent albums would be nice, imo. Californication, By the Way, Zephyr Song, Can't Stop, Other Side. Fortune Faded, and Stadium Acadium to name a few. I'm not too familar with their earlier stuff, but we do already have an entire early(ish) album, so why not represent the newer stuff?

I'd personally like some Dire Straights. They've been in GH for (at least?) 2 games now and I' love to have Money for Nothing or Sultans of Swing in RB.

ponypo2001
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
I'd personally like some Dire Straights. They've been in GH for (at least?) 2 games now and I' love to have Money for Nothing or Sultans of Swing in RB.

You have your wish sort of. Walk of Life was shown as being in the game during the video of the leaked setlist. You have Money for Nothing in GH Warriors of Rock (would also prefer it to be in RB3 but I think it'll make it eventually).

TwistedFate
08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
would also prefer it to be in RB3 but I think it'll make it eventually).

There are several songs/bands on that GH songlist I hope make it to RB. I like GH well enough to buy it and play them there, but RB is by far my favored platform. We already have The Buzzcocks as DLC so I'm really hoping we get the GH song eventually, it's one of my favorites from them.

Kellwolf9E
08-19-2010, 10:22 PM
There are several songs/bands on that GH songlist I hope make it to RB. I like GH well enough to buy it and play them there, but RB is by far my favored platform. We already have The Buzzcocks as DLC so I'm really hoping we get the GH song eventually, it's one of my favorites from them.

GH:WoR has three bands I wanna see in RB: Poison, Queensryche and Tesla. Between the two setlist, those are the only three that had me thinking "Dangit. I want THOSE in Rock Band!" Well, that and 2112.

TwistedFate
08-19-2010, 10:36 PM
GH:WoR has three bands I wanna see in RB: Poison, Queensryche and Tesla. Between the two setlist, those are the only three that had me thinking "Dangit. I want THOSE in Rock Band!" Well, that and 2112.

Alter Bridge, Buzzcocks, Muse, Queensryche, Slash f/Ian Astbury, Tesla, The Cure. Those are the ones I want in RB. (I know we have Buzzcocks DLC, but I want THAT song (and several others) by them.)

Kellwolf9E
08-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Alter Bridge, Buzzcocks, Muse, Queensryche, Slash f/Ian Astbury, Tesla, The Cure. Those are the ones I want in RB. (I know we have Buzzcocks DLC, but I want THAT song (and several others) by them.)

Well, we're at least getting The Cure. We've got one song by Muse as DLC, but I'd like to see a lot more. I haven't heard the Slash song, but I'm a fan. I'd love to see some old school GnR.

TwistedFate
08-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Well, we're at least getting The Cure. We've got one song by Muse as DLC, but I'd like to see a lot more. I haven't heard the Slash song, but I'm a fan. I'd love to see some old school GnR.

Dang, I missed The Cure in the list, and bear in mind that I often just name the band since it's shorter than the song name, so by Muse I mean Uprising. But I did specifically mention the Buzzcocks as DLC so I should have mentioned Muse too. Truth is, I forgot I own the Hysteria DLC.

The Slash song is actually one of the weaker songs on that CD, but I'm a fan of The Cult so anything that has Ian Astbury singing is alright in my book.

mikachu93
08-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Tallied up all the bands predicted. Not counting repeats, we have fifteen incorrect guesses and six correct guesses.

Harmonix' twist on the setlist was definitely an interesting one that I don't think anyone expected. It's hit or miss for a lot of people on the Rock Band forums, but I'm extremely happy with the final setlist.