PDA

View Full Version : Has something happened to the multiplayer?

Daytripper
08-14-2010, 08:03 PM
This may seem strange but over the past few days I've noticed its become
more and more difficult to take out opposing team members, with a lot of them really taking a hell of a lot damage, a hell of a lot, for example:

*hit a scout with the ion blaster, nearly a full clip to his back, hes on the run from me then turns around with one melee and i'm dead. i have the therm mine set after death and during the replay i watch as it shows the player who has killed you, the mine hits him, still no death. correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt a mine even take up to half from a solider aswell?

*Leaders taking over five sniper shots, then a melee and still not die. I questioned one guy over this and he said "rage bonus", so I used the rage
option with warcry and honestly it doesnt really give you a massive advantage.

*Soldiers taking two shotgun shots to the head and nothing, there has been times when its only took one shot to the head with me having full energy and i'm dead.

*Scientist, who have only three bars have seem to have gotten some extra energy from somewhere, four times i hit one with a shotgun (he/she didnt have a shield) and still nothing.

I'm not angry really just a bit confused, been playing online since launch with a decent kill/death ratio and need only 100xp and prime mode achievements to get the whole 1000g so I have had some great fun with this game, it just seems over the past couple of days things have really gotten harder and been left bemused by a lot of deaths i've taken plus the amount of people online has taken a real dip this week especially, even with the double XP on offer again which is a real shame. I played my friends PS3 version and there was only 890+ on!:confused:

Has anyone else experienced this while trying to kill opposing members and what could be going on? thanks for reading

bustedwolf
08-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I've come across this a lot. No idea what's going on.

HalfEVILmonkey
08-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I have noticed a lot of this going on too, but I suck at the game so maybe its my skills

Tigertazz
08-15-2010, 12:26 PM
:confused:I too have noticed this

ive also noticed that the match making is fairly poor and you'll get level 20's in with n00bs (me)

my soldier wasn't a high enough level to have the minigun and was getting slaughtered.

since then i'm now a level 6 on all types but im still seeing me getting pawned in 1 hit wonders and when i hit back 3 or 4 hits later and im dead again.

how? why?

get so frustrated with this

Soundscream_SAW
08-15-2010, 02:36 PM
I know they 'balanced' things in a patch. I thought it was rough then, but now for some reason maybe because everyone is a higher level, it just made it impossible. As level 1's, I could rock faces with any class but now it seems like a struggle for everyone and kills only occur when someone gets a last shot at the guy. I don't like it at the moment, I want it to go back to the way it was.

CPT_Pequet
08-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Is there some kind of hack going on where u you can give other skills to different classes? I noticed i unloaded a full scrap maker clip into a scientist and didnt die. He turns taround and wacks my 6 full health bar soldier and offs me in one swipe. Wtf....

HalfEVILmonkey
08-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Is there some kind of hack going on where u you can give other skills to different classes? I noticed i unloaded a full scrap maker clip into a scientist and didnt die. He turns taround and wacks my 6 full health bar soldier and offs me in one swipe. Wtf....

Yes there are some folks out there cheating and swapping skills between classes, but those folks are few and far between. In general, everything has been fine online IMO.

Spectreshade85
08-16-2010, 01:53 AM
It has been very frustrating for me as well. As a scientist with 3 bars, I find it impossible to take a soldier or leader on solo unless my turret is active, but somehow, I end up dying with a single melee or shot from a scientist. It's horribly frustrating and, although I'm sure at times it's legit, I get tired of people cheating for the heck of it, making the experience of the game so un-enjoyable for the masses.

HalfEVILmonkey
08-17-2010, 01:40 AM
It has been very frustrating for me as well. As a scientist with 3 bars, I find it impossible to take a soldier or leader on solo unless my turret is active, but somehow, I end up dying with a single melee or shot from a scientist. It's horribly frustrating and, although I'm sure at times it's legit, I get tired of people cheating for the heck of it, making the experience of the game so un-enjoyable for the masses.

I find the scientist class to be the most difficult to use personally.

Fuzz83
08-17-2010, 02:52 PM
i have noticed it, i agree with the above its people glitching/cheating. Scientists getting unloaded on and not dying and turning around and killing me (soldier) in one hit? come on...it makes playing this game online frustrating. Espesically if you are playing in a group where you dont know anyone.

gernburgs
08-17-2010, 08:24 PM
I haven't experienced this at all.

For all you know, the guy ran over some health, a Sci on his team activated the 5-kill streak (overshields for all team members), they could have Health Matrix 2.0 activated and they killed someone to give them full health before you landed the kill-shot.

It could be so many things, I haven't run into any glitchers or hackers on 360 yet. I've Primed and played hundreds of matches and have not experienced this even once...

challinko
08-18-2010, 09:33 PM
yes ive seen all of the above. shit is just retarded. theres no point of playing the game if its impossible for someone to die. though i can't imagine that many people hacking the game. personally i think the game is confused over it own perks or they are not implemented well. i've been in many scuffles where no matter how many times i hit an opponent they will not die by my gun, only to have joe schmoe come in and kill'em in one shot, ive used my entire ammo reserve on an unaware opponent and add two melees, this guy just can't hit me but i cant' kill'em. in any scenario that is just beyond any kind of sense. peak lvl frustration????