PDA

View Full Version : Tsubaki Character Achievement Help

Io LoneWolf oI
08-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Guys is there like a way to get this thing using beginner mode or something? I am having a terrible time trying to chain it together either way. Any help would be appreciated.

SideDish120
08-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Guys is there like a way to get this thing using beginner mode or something? I am having a terrible time trying to chain it together either way. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having trouble too. I can't stand having to put in a specific input for stuff. I hate challenge mode, and did it in SF4. I can't stand it in this one.

ParoXyzm
08-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Out of the several strings I read about in the guide, the following one I found the easiest to chain. Got it on first try.

"(In Corner) 214214D > 623D > j.236D > j.214D > 236D > 214D > 22D"

The distortion obviously doesn't hit and therefore doesn't need to literally be a part of your combo. I found that the "z" shaped movement of 623D was the most difficult to pull off while under pressure, and since you don't have to immediately follow something else up with it, it is the best one to start with. As such, you'll already be in the air and can just do 236D and immediately do 214D (you can input while the animations take place) so it'll literally be 236D214D with pretty much no pause. When you land, it's the exact same thing, 236D214D. When Bang starts falling, you input 22D and it'll unlock.

Basically to summarize, by starting with 623D, you'll already be in the air so you don't even have to jump at all. After 623D, you just do 236D 214D twice the only difference being that the first time you're in the air, and the j.214D takes you to the ground so it's much easier than it sounds. After about 15 minutes it should come.

Nei Debrusc
08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Curious, but what does the j stand for in those combos? I'm familiar with the number grid system, but this is the first times I've seen a j.###X.

Ziggurat 9
08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Curious, but what does the j stand for in those combos? I'm familiar with the number grid system, but this is the first times I've seen a j.###X.

It means jump. sj is super jump.

I actually hate the number notation and have to translate everything into SF notation where all the "2" moves are "c." for crouching.

alex555
08-18-2010, 04:59 AM
I'm having problems to get the final attack into the combo. I do everything perfectly, the uppercut, both aereal attacks, both ground attacks, and then when I'm about to finish the combo with the 22D, it just doesn't chain the combo, and then it tells me that combo 8 (22D), isn't correct.

Why doesn't the 22D combo chains, does it has something to do with the charging of it :O ?

EDIT: OH never mind, I just got the achievement :D !!! The trick is on doing everything fast ;) !

Ziggurat 9
08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm having problems to get the final attack into the combo. I do everything perfectly, the uppercut, both aereal attacks, both ground attacks, and then when I'm about to finish the combo with the 22D, it just doesn't chain the combo, and then it tells me that combo 8 (22D), isn't correct.

Why doesn't the 22D combo chains, does it has something to do with the charging of it :O ?

EDIT: OH never mind, I just got the achievement :D !!! The trick is on doing everything fast ;) !

Yup, in general the idea is to do the input as the move happens and then press the button when you hear the hit.

This is true for almost everything.

NikkiLove
08-21-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try these as well. This achievement has been driving me nuts.

kennyubasterd00
08-23-2010, 02:40 AM
I haven't attempted this one yet but there is no way it is gonna be as bad as challenge mode at the higher difficultiies.