PDA

View Full Version : How long do items stay behind for when left in wasteland?

True I Skill
08-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Im going through the DLC And where i pick up too much i end up stashing half of it in a container then going back for it after i've got back to the wasteland. Im just wondering if there is any set time on when i have to get back to it before it dissapears?
Atm im doing point lookout And im keeping my items on the boat in the footlocker in the captains room. Is there any chance that these will dissapear if i forget about them? And is it possible to still enter that room on the boat after completing point lookout?

Thanks.

ozgoon56
08-15-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm playing through Point Lookout at the moment and stowing stuff in the motel. I hadn't thought of the trunk on the boat so thanks for that. Going back for anything wouldn't be worth it with the each-way ferry fare.

What I'll do now is to stow anything worthwhile on the ferry and just shuttle it back to Megaton as soon as I return. That way it's safe and you don't have to worry about it disappearing from the ferry.

The biggest pain for me was all the really great stuff on the mobile platform in Broken Steel. You can't carry it all and you can't go back for it. :(

m3i0x3
08-15-2010, 03:39 AM
the room with the cot that activates your trip to Point Lookout?
you should be ok with that footlocker..

i dont belive there is a time limit. some people have had encounters with loosing items placed in random containers/lockers etc. etc.

there seems to be no set timers though, the loss of items was completely random, most likely glitches.
i have'nt encountered this myself anywhere in the wastes even in the exact locations people have lost their items.

just make a save after you store stuff there and dont save over it untill you return ad find out if things are still there, just make a seperate save for the meantime

esio gk
08-15-2010, 08:02 AM
There is this place in Point Lookout called Kenny's Cave. It basically serves as your home in PL - there is bed that gives you +10% xp and there are few containers you can keep your stuff in. I'm sure it won't disappear from there. It shouldn't disappear from any other container, but I keep all my stuff there, just in case.

To be able to sleep at Kenny's Cave you need Child at Heart perk or you need to do short sidequest - Kenny dropped his bear deep into the cave and he wants it back. It just means some Mirelurk killing.

To get to Kenny's Cave you need to go through Herzog Mine. After you get his bear, ladder to surface will become available and map marker will appear and you will be able to go straight to the cave.

For details go to http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Kenny%27s_Cave
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Herzog_Mine

About items in random lockers - they shouldn't disappear at all.
Items you left lying on the ground - I think they disappear after 3 in game days.

True I Skill
08-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the replies
I would of left them in the Cot i slept in to get to Point lookout. But when i went to it the door was locked and wouldnt let me in. Thanks for the info on Kenny's quest. Im not that far into Point lookout so il go find it.