PDA

View Full Version : "Bow Down" Question

x352x pH
08-15-2010, 02:42 PM
how hard is it to get this achievement by having another person do the bass pedal for you? i'm a decent hard drummer at best, i can do some expert but the bass pedal usually ends up fucking me up. thoughts?

Spade422
08-19-2010, 11:56 PM
how hard is it to get this achievement by having another person do the bass pedal for you? i'm a decent hard drummer at best, i can do some expert but the bass pedal usually ends up fucking me up. thoughts?

the entire song is basically red/yellow then bass then red/yellow then bass continuously. with two people this shouldnt be too much of a problem, but if you manage to get off time you can easily fail the song literally within 10 seconds if you don't get back on beat.

hold overdrive for when you need it and for god sakes, keep on time.

good luck

x352x pH
08-21-2010, 01:28 AM
the entire song is basically red/yellow then bass then red/yellow then bass continuously. with two people this shouldnt be too much of a problem, but if you manage to get off time you can easily fail the song literally within 10 seconds if you don't get back on beat.

hold overdrive for when you need it and for god sakes, keep on time.

good luck

We failed epicly multiple times lol

Neverender
02-21-2011, 05:00 AM
I know this is an old thread, but here's my advice to anyone who reads it in the future:

It's a pretty simple alternating bass rhythm, it's just fast. Go into practice, start at a low speed and get used to the rhythm, which should be pretty simple at this point. Then, slowly move up the speed, get comfortable with it, and keep doing so until you're at full speed.

Having someone else help you will just be more of a hindrance than anything else. It'll just throw you off rhythm, which you need to maintain to beat this song.

If you do go off tempo or rhythm, that's when you need to use overdrive. You're not going for a high score, so don't worry about using it when you're doing well. If you mess up, hit overdrive as fast as you can, find a point on the track to resume the rhythm, and follow it to the strike bar. Once it goes, start playing again. This helps calm you during the hectic-ness of the song.

Also, there is a fair amount of skill involved. If you can't comprehend an alternating bass rhythm or keep up with the tempo, then your only shot at the achievement is likely through the score duel method mentioned in the achievement guide.