PDA

View Full Version : Charon or Fawkes

Acejunky
08-16-2010, 07:09 AM
My karma is good so I was thinking more like fawkes but it doesnt matter if I have good or bad karma with charon. Most ppl pick charon I read the wiki link on companies what do you think.

Death Metal Jim
08-16-2010, 11:09 AM
um, both? Just use the Sergeant RL3 glitch dude ;).

Qonok
08-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Watch out, though, if you are going for the level 30 achievements. These sidekicks can/will take part of your xp if you use them.

esio gk
08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Fawkes has more hp, better weapons and can carry more equipment. Charon has better armor. I would go with Fawkes, but only if I had to choose a follower - I prefer to play without companions, because they are terrible at sneaking.

Anyway, I think Fawkes is better.

BelatedHero
08-16-2010, 01:57 PM
I go without followers myself. They are clumsy and I prefer a stealthy sniper character. Also, when you get two hostile factions fighting (mutants/talon company for example), you want to stand back and let them wear each other down, but your follower will go charging in the action.

Plus, I find having Fawkes (not so much Charon, but still a little bit) to make the game way too easy and not fun. Fawkes will often have the enemy dead or nearly dead by the time you even get your gun-sight on the target.

The only time I used a follower was to take down my fifth Behemoth. I won't write spoilers to where it is, but its able to be shot at from complete safety until its dead. I didn't want to waste my ammo, so I just let Fawkes use his infinite ammo to bring it down.

McGoogles
08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Charon without a doubt. He actually gives me the chance to take down an enemy and gain xp for it as well. Unlike Fawkes.. He is also really powerful with weapons and has a good amount of health. Too bad he died during the cutscene when you get the G.E.C.K.; because I lent him my Terrible Shotgun.. :(

Milimanci
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
If you want to get any xp at all, get Charon. Fawkes is just a little bitch. Plus, Charon can actually sneak. And you can alter Charon's tactics more than Fawkes' because you can lend him a sniper/assault rifle/silenced weapon. If you give Fawkes a weapon, he won't use it cause he has an UB3R L4Z3R.

ozgoon56
08-17-2010, 03:07 AM
The only time I used a follower was to take down my fifth Behemoth. I won't write spoilers to where it is, but its able to be shot at from complete safety until its dead. I didn't want to waste my ammo, so I just let Fawkes use his infinite ammo to bring it down.

Much more fun to use the experimental MIRV. My last behemoth (and last achievement for 1550 :drunk) was the one that spawns by the wrecked train. When I finally got him to appear, after a certain amount of angst when he wouldn't spawn, there were bits of behemoth flying in all directions! :D

And for reference for the OP, I played the whole game on normal with a lot of side exploration (skill book hunting mainly) and no companions and I reached level 30 with only the Zeta DLC to spare. I imagine that if I'd used a companion through the main game that I'd have had to do some boosting for level 30 after completing everything else.

Deadly Moves
08-17-2010, 03:13 AM
I rarely used a follower. infact i didnt use one untill i met fawkes

Fawkes is a legend! He was my hero of project purity. He saved the day for me. And i will always love him :p

institutions
08-17-2010, 03:17 AM
I don't use a follower. Followers on a stealthy character = crap. Plus, I actually want to get exp.
My first playthrough I used Fawkes. It was fun hearing all of his sweet phrases, but he demolished everything before I could even see it.

If you absolutely want one, go with Charon. At least he leaves some action for you.
Plus you can change his armor and weapon. Fawkes doesn't use armor and only uses his Gatling Laser.

ashmccloud
08-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Fawkes ALWAYS

Jellybean468
08-28-2010, 01:41 PM
I use Fawkes. I got bored of Charon dying, even when playing on 'very easy'. In the end I just let him go to his grave, son of a bitch.

PoMoGub
08-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I've used both and I prefer Fawkes. He's basically immortal and his battle cries are hilarious. Charon is still sick but I used him on my stealth character so I eventually left him to stand sentinel in my room.