PDA

View Full Version : Whats this game like?

Jeroenman
08-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Is it cool cuz i wanna buy it but everyone is telling me this game sucks.
whats this game like? any games you can compare it with?

SpinelesS
08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed the game, though alot of people dont. If I had to compare it to a game, I guess I would say the first Deus Ex, (Dues Ex was a better game, but AP has more replayability)

The coversation system rocks (generally given suave/aggressive/or professional options, and these effect how everyone feels about you)

Some achievements involve specific actions throughout the whole game and are easy to miss, and many you can only do one of the two in a single play(For example: Ladies man or No time for romance) which forces you to play through the game multiple times (I played through 4 times to get 1000 gp, and enjoyed doing so)

I think the main issue people have is how most weapons (pistols in particular, assault rifles not so much) fire - unless you remain stationary and hold down LT to aim (turning the crosshairs red) Your shots arent going to go exactly where your crosshairs are.

If you do decide to get the game:

There are a few flaws in the stories cutscenes - for example if you go the martial arts route, and beat down Marburg with your fists, there will be a cutscene where you are each hiding behind pillars with guns in your hands, as if you had just participated in a gunfight.

There is also 1 mission that trips up alot of people. Entering the US Embassy, you can go one of two routes: Either bluff your way in the entrance, or sneak in via the roof. Sneaking in is considered the agressive harmful method (even going outside on the roof after bluffing your way in will do so)

Blueprotoss
08-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Is it cool cuz i wanna buy it but everyone is telling me this game sucks.
whats this game like? any games you can compare it with? Most of the people that probably said that read the reviews instead of playing it. AP is very comparable with Deus Ex, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect 1.

forgottennn
08-24-2010, 12:46 AM
LMAO if you are comparing this to Fall out 3 then this game must suck. FO3 was garbage. idc what you say. i bought this game today at the store for 1 cent (cus at the factory they miss priced it so i bought 20 they said only buy 5 but i had 3 other friends go back) i sold 16 for 30 bucks each i kept 1 and gave 1 to each of my friends. ima play this later today and if it does suck then it be sold for 30

AboutFace
08-24-2010, 06:56 PM
I love this game. Still playing it. The choice options are the best in a RPG I have ever seen. IMO it is better than Mass Effect 2 (which for me was a disapointment) and equal to Mass Effect 1. Fallout 3? Well I wasn't crazy about that game at all. I don't care for games where the character is silent and has zero personality. I love Mike Thorton, he can be a smartass or noble. The story writting I really enjoyed and I really liked that playing different ways does offer different outcomes.

The so called 'professional' reviews are bull.

specialneedsmro
08-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I agree. The people who reviewed the game likely only played it once, and half-assed the playthrough to boot. This game wasn't stellar if you played it as a third-person shooter, but the conversation system and ability to change the story in ways you can't predict makes it a very interesting game. Personally, I loved it, but I can see why some people would dislike it.

Blueprotoss
08-29-2010, 03:13 AM
LMAO if you are comparing this to Fall out 3 then this game must suck. FO3 was garbage. idc what you say. i bought this game today at the store for 1 cent (cus at the factory they miss priced it so i bought 20 they said only buy 5 but i had 3 other friends go back) i sold 16 for 30 bucks each i kept 1 and gave 1 to each of my friends. ima play this later today and if it does suck then it be sold for 30 I see that you would rather blame a game for the lack of skill that you have because you play Run n' Shooters instead of RPGs.

blee717
09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I have a thing for bad games. I buy it and judge it for myself. This game isn't so bad but it tries too much to be Mass Effect. Obsidian wrecks everything they touch and think they're as good as Bioware. Look at this game for example and Star War Knights of the Old republic 2. I hope they have little to no involvement in Fallout New Vegas. But back to the game, if you haven't played Mass Effect, this is a good place to start I think. Off topic again, I hate Obsidian and Sega. So why in hell did I actually liked this game?

Dejackso
09-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I have a thing for bad games. I buy it and judge it for myself. This game isn't so bad but it tries too much to be Mass Effect. Obsidian wrecks everything they touch and think they're as good as Bioware. Look at this game for example and Star War Knights of the Old republic 2. I hope they have little to no involvement in Fallout New Vegas. But back to the game, if you haven't played Mass Effect, this is a good place to start I think. Off topic again, I hate Obsidian and Sega. So why in hell did I actually liked this game?

I might be in the minority, but I think KOTOR2 > KOTOR for the most part. The original KOTOR had a better story (plot) and less bugs, but KOTOR 2 had better characters, character interaction, game mechanics (leveling system and outside of leveling based perks), more faithful representation of the d20 system, and was a lot more fun. I also prefer AP to ME2, though I don't think either one of those is much more than above average games. The original Mass Effect was stellar, though.

Although, I think Bioware is pretty amazing, I usually like Obsidian games better. If only Obsidian would actually hire some quality control guys, then they might be one of the top 10 developers.

asdfen
09-02-2010, 07:58 PM
love this game after getting through first rough couple of hours.

I easily vote this as the best RPG in last 2-3 years. BTW I personally thought ME2, Fallout 3 and FF13 had a really shitty story. This game has awesome story which is perfectly delivered by great voice actors, at least in English. BTW if you consider shit combat system they had in Dragon Age they should have given this game 10 out of 10. The only thing that sucks in this game are the lock picking/hacking stuff and that is only annoying till you figure out a way to make ton of cash to buy emps to skip that shit altogether and/or just purchase proper character upgrades.

Also there are so many choices that your character is able to make that actually influence gameplay instead of only getting an extra line of dialogue that I am in awe. I've beaten this game about 4 times now and I am still not even close to trying all the different possible alliance combinations. Who to kill and who to let die (not live, letting live is for sises)

Love it.

Blueprotoss
09-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I have a thing for bad games. I buy it and judge it for myself. This game isn't so bad but it tries too much to be Mass Effect. Obsidian wrecks everything they touch and think they're as good as Bioware. Look at this game for example and Star War Knights of the Old republic 2. I hope they have little to no involvement in Fallout New Vegas. But back to the game, if you haven't played Mass Effect, this is a good place to start I think. Off topic again, I hate Obsidian and Sega. So why in hell did I actually liked this game? AP is its own game while if it was ME then were's the mining for minerals, grinding, Free Roam travel, and driving around in a vehicle while that proves that AP isn't a ME game. You forget that AP has a really quick conversation system, actual game changing moments that happen a lot in the story, and feel like a human with the choices that you make. You clearly hate Obisidan since they produce a different style of games that don't fit the Mainstream cookie cutter mold that most games fit into. You love AP since you perfer to play games that don't fit the Mainstream cookie cutter mold that most games fit into.

blee717
09-04-2010, 08:04 PM
AP is its own game while if it was ME then were's the mining for minerals, grinding, Free Roam travel, and driving around in a vehicle while that proves that AP isn't a ME game. You forget that AP has a really quick conversation system, actual game changing moments that happen a lot in the story, and feel like a human with the choices that you make. You clearly hate Obisidan since they produce a different style of games that don't fit the Mainstream cookie cutter mold that most games fit into. You love AP since you perfer to play games that don't fit the Mainstream cookie cutter mold that most games fit into.

First, I didn't just say Mass Effect, I also said KOTOR. Mass Effect series, KOTOR 1, and Dragon Age all fall in the same general category of an RPG and AP far inferior. Yes ME2 was more shooter than RPG but elements like conversations and the RPG elements are more refined in those other games. A quick conversation system is neat but does that help with its other flaws? No it doesn't. I like going in each mission stealthy like but it's so outdated it feels like Metal Gear Solid 1 again. The shooting is also something I couldn't handle like Fallout 3. I want to hit something based on my own skill not because the game says I'm not proficient with it. The short version, I truly believe this game could have been great but it lacks the elements that make it rank up with today's best RPGs.

Blueprotoss
09-05-2010, 02:37 PM
First, I didn't just say Mass Effect, I also said KOTOR. Mass Effect series, KOTOR 1, and Dragon Age all fall in the same general category of an RPG and AP far inferior. Yes ME2 was more shooter than RPG but elements like conversations and the RPG elements are more refined in those other games. A quick conversation system is neat but does that help with its other flaws? No it doesn't. I like going in each mission stealthy like but it's so outdated it feels like Metal Gear Solid 1 again. The shooting is also something I couldn't handle like Fallout 3. I want to hit something based on my own skill not because the game says I'm not proficient with it. The short version, I truly believe this game could have been great but it lacks the elements that make it rank up with today's best RPGs. Don't compare Mass Effect, KotR, and Dragon Age since they are completely different games that are also completely different Franchises. AP is a superior RPG to all 3 of those Franchises since it took the best of what Bioware did then was greatly improved on while I'm pretty sure that you haven't played that many RPGs because you primarily just play Shooters. ME2 is just a Shooter with very little RPG elements while I'm starting to see that you got a Modded account because I know you didn't play all of those games to 1,000s in them. The only Flaws that AP had was being built with the Unreal Engine and released after ME2 & Conviction while thats it. The quick conversation system in AP was very Innovative especially after playing lots of RPGs since RPGs normally used the slow conversation system that allows you an Infinite amount of time to choose your answer and doesn't offer that many changes to those games as well. The stealth system in AP is very deep and well done while its Hard to master. MGS has a complex stealth system especially with MGS1 on the PS1 while you don't like that game franchise since its too Hard for you. Btw something isn't outdated because you don't like it. You don't make any sense since Fallout 3's shooting is based on your character's stats while its not as obvious as ME1 or AP. It seems that you haven't played Fallout 3 at all then. Actually the shooting system in AP does take a lot of skill while you would rather play Halo, Gears, or CoD instead. The short version is that you would rather play a Shooter instead of a RPG while I have no problem with that, but no RPG is a strict Shooter and you need to realize that since you can only have one or the other. AP is a very good RPG especially by Today's standards since its a good original game thats doesn't fit in a cookie cutter mold. You should actually play games instead of Modding your acccount since you feel a need to be a Fake acheivement whore.

blee717
09-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah mod right. How did you end up with that conclusion? I don't even know how to mod. Your argument makes sense but I don't agree with it. When you can come up with proof or a valid explanation for modding you can tell me.

Blueprotoss
09-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah mod right. How did you end up with that conclusion? I don't even know how to mod. Your argument makes sense but I don't agree with it. When you can come up with proof or a valid explanation for modding you can tell me.Its very easy to Mod while you're just in Denial. My arguement is sound like you said while you don't want to agree because you don't want to be Wrong or be labeled as a Hypocrite. You're clearly Modding anyways since most of your games are 1,000s while 3-4 games magically had that score on the same exact days and thats a continuous thing on your list. Its sad that people like you are Pirates and need to acheivement whore with downloaded lists.

Dejackso
09-06-2010, 10:32 PM
The stealth system in AP is very deep and well done while its Hard to master. MGS has a complex stealth system especially with MGS1 on the PS1 while you don't like that game franchise since its too Hard for you.

Complex stealth system? Really?

Any game where you can shoot someone and then run a few feet away and become invisible again does NOT have a complex stealth system. Actually, that's pretty much any stealth game. I love Metal Gear, but the Stealth genre is kind of a joke. None of them are very challenging.

blee717
09-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Its very easy to Mod while you're just in Denial. My arguement is sound like you said while you don't want to agree because you don't want to be Wrong or be labeled as a Hypocrite. You're clearly Modding anyways since most of your games are 1,000s while 3-4 games magically had that score on the same exact days and thats a continuous thing on your list. Its sad that people like you are Pirates and need to acheivement whore with downloaded lists.

Yeah because it is so easy to mod without a data transfer, flash drive, and a computer that can barely run youtube videos let alone mod gamerscore. I even looked it up on youtube since you bought it up. And as for the dates, I've had several games that said I played the game in 1975 and 1600 so that isn't even really reliable. Before saying that stuff with me consult with Microsoft because I have no ability to do such a thing and having games maxed out CLEARLY means I modded. Finally, it all depends on what games have been maxed out on the same day. I play some easy achievement games while some of my friends play easier ones and also PC versions. You can say I'm too poor to play games for myself but you can't say I modded because I don't, you don't have evidence to support that and I'm done reading this thread. I didn't bring someone's achievements into an argument about how this game was. Way to stay on topic the whole time. Next time, keep your opinions about someone to yourself.

Blueprotoss
09-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Complex stealth system? Really?

Any game where you can shoot someone and then run a few feet away and become invisible again does NOT have a complex stealth system. Actually, that's pretty much any stealth game. I love Metal Gear, but the Stealth genre is kind of a joke. None of them are very challenging. You're either using the stealth correctly or you're just playing those games on Easy then. Most stealth games aren't a joke because of the difficulty level, the intelligence of the AI, and the how you actually use the stealth system while Conviction is a joke since is a complete Run n' Gun experience.

Blueprotoss
09-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Yeah because it is so easy to mod without a data transfer, flash drive, and a computer that can barely run youtube videos let alone mod gamerscore. I even looked it up on youtube since you bought it up. And as for the dates, I've had several games that said I played the game in 1975 and 1600 so that isn't even really reliable. Before saying that stuff with me consult with Microsoft because I have no ability to do such a thing and having games maxed out CLEARLY means I modded. Finally, it all depends on what games have been maxed out on the same day. I play some easy achievement games while some of my friends play easier ones and also PC versions. You can say I'm too poor to play games for myself but you can't say I modded because I don't, you don't have evidence to support that and I'm done reading this thread. I didn't bring someone's achievements into an argument about how this game was. Way to stay on topic the whole time. Next time, keep your opinions about someone to yourself. Its very easy to Mod while you're just in Denial because the simplicity of doing that. You play Easy games since you want Easy acheivements while its sad you have a Modded 360, which allows you to get a lot of quick and easy points on any game. Your friends play on the PC so they can Hack or Mod the game to be easier for them like activating God Mode without using a cheat and walking through walls. You're clearly Modding anyways since most of your games are 1,000s while 3-4 games magically had that score on the same exact days and thats a continuous thing on your list. Btw I still see no games played in 1975 since thats your 360 having problems and 1,600 out 1,600 because its a completed list while it doesn't count for you anyway. You have no need to Lie especially when you say that you have multiple games near 1,000 while thats False since thats happens a lot on your list. Its sad that people like you are Pirates and need to acheivement whore with downloaded lists. Btw I din't say that you were poor while you're just telling me more things that continue to pile up on you for being a Pirate with a Modded 360. Go somewhere else to Flame since you would rather argue instead of talking.

ImAKing1987
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Lol, well I gotta say this is one of the funniest thread I've read in awhile. I hate to think of whats gonna be said about my gamerscore but oh well :p... Any ways back on to topic:

This was a really fun game, if you could get past the stupid training bullshit and into the missions. As far as going based on its review, my advice... dont EVER judge a game without playing for yourself; review is a fancy way of saying my opinion is the last word. Its people who do follow reviews that help cause sequels to not be made. This game would could have a great sequel but due to poor sales may never see it. IMO it plays like a mixture of Mass Effect series, but on a smaller salary budget. If you can pick it up around 29.99 or less it worth it. Hope this helps

Dejackso
09-07-2010, 10:49 PM
You're either using the stealth correctly or you're just playing those games on Easy then. Most stealth games aren't a joke because of the difficulty level, the intelligence of the AI, and the how you actually use the stealth system while Conviction is a joke since is a complete Run n' Gun experience.

There's a third choice in there that you failed to mention. Stealth games, as a rule, have joke AI. I've played the majority of them and have beaten almost all of them on the hardest difficulty. There just isn't any challenge inherent in them, because if you ever get spotted, you can just run away and the AI gets confused. This is especially true in the Metal Gear and Splinter Cell series.

Now, this doesn't mean that they are bad games. They are quite fun. However, the fun is despite the AI not because of it. Seriously, I have never met anyone that had any difficulty whatsoever in any of the Metal Gear games including the ones on the MSX computer. The challenge is pretty much a joke, but there is still a lot of fun to be head.

The early Splinter Cells were a bit more challenging, but not by much.

Dejackso
09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Lol, well I gotta say this is one of the funniest thread I've read in awhile. I hate to think of whats gonna be said about my gamerscore but oh well :p... Any ways back on to topic:

This was a really fun game, if you could get past the stupid training bullshit and into the missions. As far as going based on its review, my advice... dont EVER judge a game without playing for yourself; review is a fancy way of saying my opinion is the last word. Its people who do follow reviews that help cause sequels to not be made. This game would could have a great sequel but due to poor sales may never see it. IMO it plays like a mixture of Mass Effect series, but on a smaller salary budget. If you can pick it up around 29.99 or less it worth it. Hope this helps

Oh, you obviously modded your gamerscore. My proof? Well, your score is higher than mine. That just isn't possible.

There are only two possibilities. One is that you've been playing Xbox games for the years that the 360 has been out.

The other is that you took the time to learn how to mod, buy all of the necessary tools, went through the trouble to download the mods, and then went through all the steps necessary to get your score. And then, you came onto a "How-to" site for achievements just to talk about other things. I mean, since you mod, you wouldn't be here to LEARN how to get achievements after all. That would just be silly.

Jesus, people. Remember Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation (the first tone) is usually the truth.

Also, does anyone else find it creepy that the dude went to your profile and "investigated" your games to prove that you're a cheater in something that no one really cares about?

Blueprotoss
09-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Oh, you obviously modded your gamerscore. My proof? Well, your score is higher than mine. That just isn't possible.

There are only two possibilities. One is that you've been playing Xbox games for the years that the 360 has been out.

The other is that you took the time to learn how to mod, buy all of the necessary tools, went through the trouble to download the mods, and then went through all the steps necessary to get your score. And then, you came onto a "How-to" site for achievements just to talk about other things. I mean, since you mod, you wouldn't be here to LEARN how to get achievements after all. That would just be silly.

Jesus, people. Remember Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation (the first tone) is usually the truth.

Also, does anyone else find it creepy that the dude went to your profile and "investigated" your games to prove that you're a cheater in something that no one really cares about? Idon't care about someone having a higher Gamerscor then me while I do care about people Mod their 360s to do that. Getting the acheivements is half of the fun on playing games on the 360.

The only two possible ways that he has that high of a score is by getting a 360 since launch while having a 2 game rental plan of Netflix or by Modding your 360 to download games with acheivement lists already done.

Modding a 360 is very easy especially when the USB became usable on it.

Its not that hard to see if his 360 is Modded since his Gamertag is visible for everyone to see. People do care about cheaters especially when XBL is supposed to stop that from happening in general.

Blueprotoss
09-08-2010, 05:15 AM
There's a third choice in there that you failed to mention. Stealth games, as a rule, have joke AI. I've played the majority of them and have beaten almost all of them on the hardest difficulty. There just isn't any challenge inherent in them, because if you ever get spotted, you can just run away and the AI gets confused. This is especially true in the Metal Gear and Splinter Cell series.

Now, this doesn't mean that they are bad games. They are quite fun. However, the fun is despite the AI not because of it. Seriously, I have never met anyone that had any difficulty whatsoever in any of the Metal Gear games including the ones on the MSX computer. The challenge is pretty much a joke, but there is still a lot of fun to be head.

The early Splinter Cells were a bit more challenging, but not by much. Most stealth games do have a simple AI while you die very easy, which thats a counter balance. Metal Gear and Splinter Cell before Double Agent have advanced AI based on a imple program while those games tell you that you'll have a better chance at beating them by knocking out people then hiding those same people.

People do have problems with MGS because of earning the many unlockables that make you play the games differently. No stealth game is easy on the Hardest difficulty unless if you consider Conviction being placed under that genre.

ImAKing1987
09-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Also, does anyone else find it creepy that the dude went to your profile and "investigated" your games to prove that you're a cheater in something that no one really cares about?

Well hate to bust everyones bubble but im 100% legit. I have in fact been playing since the system launched. As a matter of fact I dont know if anyone remembers the Mountain Dew contest ( Every10minutes.com) but they was giving a 360 away every ten minutes for a couple months before launch, and I just so happen won my console.:woop:
The system launched on November 22, 2005 in the US and Mountain Dew sent the winners there console on November 19th. I remember the 1st game I played was Condemned. I had taken the money I had down on the pre-order for the console and gotten that game along with Gun, Call of Duty 2, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted, ahhh good time :).
I hit my first 100K in 08' and then my 200K around the 1st of this year. If you talk to anyone that knows me I feel just as strongly about cheating as you guys:drunk, maybe stronger...lol.:uzi::locked
Anyway Happy gaming guys!:)

Dejackso
09-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Most stealth games do have a simple AI while you die very easy, which thats a counter balance. Metal Gear and Splinter Cell before Double Agent have advanced AI based on a imple program while those games tell you that you'll have a better chance at beating them by knocking out people then hiding those same people.

People do have problems with MGS because of earning the many unlockables that make you play the games differently. No stealth game is easy on the Hardest difficulty unless if you consider Conviction being placed under that genre.

I guess we'll disagree on that, then. Every stealth game that I have ever played on the hardest difficultly has been laughably easy. MGS is especially easy.

Personally, I think that whole genre is a bit poor in terms of AI and difficulty.

Alpha Protocol was especially bad at stealth (though the game was pretty awesome). My first playthrough was on the hardest difficulty and I did that while creating a Recruit. Yet, I never had a challenge at all when using my stealth abilities. The only difficult parts was the boss fights that required shooting and even those were pretty much dumbed down.

Dejackso
09-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Well hate to bust everyones bubble but im 100% legit. I have in fact been playing since the system launched. As a matter of fact I dont know if anyone remembers the Mountain Dew contest ( Every10minutes.com) but they was giving a 360 away every ten minutes for a couple months before launch, and I just so happen won my console.:woop:
The system launched on November 22, 2005 in the US and Mountain Dew sent the winners there console on November 19th. I remember the 1st game I played was Condemned. I had taken the money I had down on the pre-order for the console and gotten that game along with Gun, Call of Duty 2, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted, ahhh good time :).
I hit my first 100K in 08' and then my 200K around the 1st of this year. If you talk to anyone that knows me I feel just as strongly about cheating as you guys:drunk, maybe stronger...lol.:uzi::locked

You do know that I was being sarcastic, right? I don't believe that you cheated at all.

Dejackso
09-09-2010, 12:01 AM

Honestly, that dude is pretty much just crazy. With just weekends and a decent income, you can easily and legitimately average 2,000 Gamerscore a week. That would be over 100,000 a year. So, your score is completely possible.

Jesus, I'm a grad student with very little time and I just 990'd a game in about 6 hours yesterday and today. That other dude is just trolling for no reason.

ImAKing1987
09-09-2010, 12:55 AM
You do know that I was being sarcastic, right? I don't believe that you cheated at all.

lol yeah I new you was kidding.;) I was just adding that cause that guy was saying something about high gamerscores being modded. :p but you right about it being possible to get 2K a week, its funny how pissed some people get over something like that. On a different note I wish I could have close to 300K by the time Duke Nukem Forever comes out, I almost bet there will be an achievement call "Hail To The King Baby". That would sooooo be my 300,000th gamerscore!!:woop::woop::woop:

gordonschum
09-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Honestly, that dude is pretty much just crazy. With just weekends and a decent income, you can easily and legitimately average 2,000 Gamerscore a week. That would be over 100,000 a year. So, your score is completely possible.

Jesus, I'm a grad student with very little time and I just 990'd a game in about 6 hours yesterday and today. That other dude is just trolling for no reason.

Blueprotoss recently got kicked of IGN for the second time in two months for flaming other users and being a troll. Evidently he has set up shop here to get his daily fix of douchery in. He is a bit like hemorroids, if you just ignore it, it tends to go away.

rapmusicsucks
09-13-2010, 02:40 AM
It did suck as bad as i thought it would its worth renting...

piwo4me
09-13-2010, 05:41 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I loved the game. Fun story and a game big on customization and doing and playing how ever you want to play the story. I was surprised at how much I liked it especially since I was not expecting much because of reviews and things I had heard. I would say its a buy but at least a rental. Not the easiest achievements though if thats what you are going for.

Ethereal235
09-17-2010, 05:00 AM
I loved this game. It seems fairly rare that people who've played it will comment here negatively, and in my opinion it's worth the buy, so long as you're an RPG person. Don't play it if you're expecting a shooter. And despite what some have said here, don't play it expecting a game like Mass Effect or Fallout 3. It actually is a pretty unique game, the only real point of comparison is that your aim isn't going to be spot-on without buying weapons with good stats and having good upgrades. Also, don't expect the "mini-games" to be simple diversions, skill at them is actually going to effect gameplay pretty significantly. If you're going for 1,000 it might take a few playthroughs, but if you enjoy the game it'll come easily. I gave the game another two or three runs after getting 1,000 just because I fuckin love playing it.

On a side note, Blue Protoss is a perfect example of hating it when someone stupid and unreasonable agrees with you. Some people are too immature to realize that different people can legitimately react differently to the same game. It's not like someone's somehow 'wrong' for disagreeing with the opinion that this game kicks ass. That's like me saying that anyone that doesn't enjoy metal is a baby rapist.

Blueprotoss
09-25-2010, 01:52 AM
On a side note, Blue Protoss is a perfect example of hating it when someone stupid and unreasonable agrees with you. Some people are too immature to realize that different people can legitimately react differently to the same game. It's not like someone's somehow 'wrong' for disagreeing with the opinion that this game kicks ass. That's like me saying that anyone that doesn't enjoy metal is a baby rapist.I love AP while I hate people that bash a game without playing it or expecting a game with guns to play like Halo or CoD. People can have differeent Opinions while most people that hate on AP is because they don't play RPGs or read the box that has Espionage RPG on it. People are Wrong when they turn their Opinion into a Fact because no Opinion is a Fact. If you're gonna Insult me for no reason then use Facts instead of BS or your Opinion.

Chikitin Patrol
09-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I don' t understand why people didn't like this game. Apart from the awkward targeting system and the dated graphics, i don't see anything else to complain about. Well just my opinion. I definitely would recommend this game.

The Lazy Pyro
09-28-2010, 08:33 PM
RAAAAAWR! LIKE THE GAME I LIKE! RAAAAAWR!

Okay, with that out of the way...

For me, Alpha Protocol fell right into the realm of "okay." The story was excellent and the way you could affect the way it goes was awesome. The gameplay? That's when the issues come up. It's awkward, glitchy, full of terrible AI and ugly as sin. I place a lot of weight on an RPG's story, so that's a big reason why I liked it as much as I did. If the story wasn't any good though, I would get rid of Alpha Protocol really quickly.

...Actually, no I wouldn't as it really bothers me when I don't finish games. So I'd finish it before getting rid of it.

Ethereal235
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I love AP while I hate people that bash a game without playing it or expecting a game with guns to play like Halo or CoD. People can have differeent Opinions while most people that hate on AP is because they don't play RPGs or read the box that has Espionage RPG on it. People are Wrong when they turn their Opinion into a Fact because no Opinion is a Fact. If you're gonna Insult me for no reason then use Facts instead of BS or your Opinion.

You continually bash people that disagree with you about the game as being cheaters and morons. You're the one regarding your opinion as fact. People are allowed to not like a game you like without being wrong about the game.

Yeah, people who talked shit about this game without ever playing it piss me off too. It's silly to say a game sucks based on a crappy review. That doesn't mean that people can't legitimately dislike this game. Quit acting like your opinion is somehow more factual than anyone else's.

Gillanaut
10-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Everyone that has played this that i talk to enjoyed it. BUT they also loved all the old school RPGs. Im hoping this will fall into the "sleeper" category.

Blueprotoss
10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
You continually bash people that disagree with you about the game as being cheaters and morons. You're the one regarding your opinion as fact. People are allowed to not like a game you like without being wrong about the game.

Yeah, people who talked shit about this game without ever playing it piss me off too. It's silly to say a game sucks based on a crappy review. That doesn't mean that people can't legitimately dislike this game. Quit acting like your opinion is somehow more factual than anyone else's.I haven't bashed anyone that has legitmately had a dislike for AP because most of the people that disliked AP thought it was gonna be a Run n' Shooter and they Blame the game instead of their lack of skills since its a RPG. I have talked to a number of Gamestop employees in my area that had people return AP and ask about AP because of those complaints from people and Reviewers. People have Opinions while no Opinion is a Fact and people need to realize that.

People do talk crap on AP without playing it while we can't do nothing about that because people say that about games in general. It is sad that people do read Reviews on games and they turn that biased or un biased Opinion taken from someone intro a Fact, which that can't happen. My view on AP is an Opinion while most people beleive that their Opinions are Facts while I'm not turning my Opinion into a Fact at all. I know that no Opinion is a Fact while most of the people on this planet need to learn that.

chivalryVillian
10-30-2010, 06:05 AM
it aint as ba as humans make it put to be. it's just the unlikeable game quality. though i got to admit it is sometimes very boring and unjoyable. dont buy it