PDA

View Full Version : When should I kill Allistair Tenpenny

Acejunky
08-17-2010, 03:36 AM
should I kill him when I first give him the proposal for the the ghouls to movin in and I have to convince those other ppl or after I convimce them. I have read up on it but it sound alittle tricky

ozgoon56
08-17-2010, 04:16 AM
I didn't kill him at all, I just speech challenged anybody that needed convincing and spoke to Tenpenny afterwards. There are multiple ways of completing this quest successfully so just do whatever you prefer and load a save if you don't like the result.

x Anonymous
08-17-2010, 05:25 AM
you don't necessarily have to kill him to complete the quest, but if you do let the ghouls in chances are that they will. If you adamant on killing him might I suggest waiting till you also do 'you gotta shoot em in the head' because then you can headshot tenpenny and actually get caps from crowley for doing so.

ozgoon56
08-17-2010, 06:36 AM
you don't necessarily have to kill him to complete the quest, but if you do let the ghouls in chances are that they will. If you adamant on killing him might I suggest waiting till you also do 'you gotta shoot em in the head' because then you can headshot tenpenny and actually get caps from crowley for doing so.

I was going to mention that, but it doesn't affect quest completion so why spoil the surprise. ;) I missed out on the caps for Tenpenny on that quest, but I didn't need them and I think they're overrated anyway in this game. The only caps I spent for the whole game were on a couple of schematics and I could have saved even that because they're available elsewhere. Besides I've always preferred to survive in RPGs on loot and quest rewards.

x Anonymous
08-17-2010, 08:39 AM
I suppose, I apologise if I spoilt anything for the OP, and yeah there not necessary but some people aren't as experienced playing RPGs and therefore can't solely rely on exploration to fund them unlike myself and obviously you.

Besides it is completely up to the TC how he plays the game so if he wants to he can ignore my advise:)

Deadly Moves
08-17-2010, 12:59 PM
I didnt kill him..
i got the people of Tenpenny tower to let ghouls to live in tenpenny. Bcos you get the cool Ghoul mask for doing that mission that way.

Jellybean468
08-20-2010, 12:11 AM
I didnt kill him..
i got the people of Tenpenny tower to let ghouls to live in tenpenny. Bcos you get the cool Ghoul mask for doing that mission that way.

Same. Then I blasted Tenpenny's fricking head off and robbed his clothes and sniper rifle. Fallout is such a fun game, eh? :p

ashmccloud
08-23-2010, 07:13 PM
You should never kill him. He is one Awesome GUY!

Jellybean468
08-23-2010, 11:07 PM
You should never kill him. He is one Awesome GUY!

I wanted his jacket :3

Kdog21
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
if you want to wait and get more caps on the mission "you gotta shoot em in the head" then wait but if not blow his brains out haahhahsh after that i take his cloths and throw him off the building:mad:

PoMoGub
08-29-2010, 10:52 AM
If you're a good character just ice him on the first opportunity. If you're evil just ice him on the first opportunity.

McGoogles
08-29-2010, 11:03 AM
If you're a good character just ice him on the first opportunity. If you're evil just ice him on the first opportunity.

What if you're neutral? :p

On topic: I'd kill him without using the ghouls to invade the tower. Because if you let the ghouls do their thing, then you can't get the loot off of Tenpenny's body when the ghouls kill him.

PoMoGub
08-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Hmm, didn't think about neutral. If I were neutral I'd probably uppercut him off the tower, sit in his chair, and have a nice cup of irradiated tea. Earl Grey. Hot.