PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel?

LFC2K6
08-17-2010, 04:28 AM
This game is nearly here(only about a month left!) and I'm really starting to think about buying a wheel to add to my experience.
For example, when I bought a headset I noticed in FPS games/Action games, the audio experience was a lot better. So, I'm planning on having a steering wheel to go with my headset, playing in the cockpit cam to maximise the realism of the experience.

However I've not been able to find anything on which steering wheels are compatible with this game or indeed, which wheel I should buy.
After all, I don't want to spend 70 on a wheel only to find out I cant use it or that it's awful!

I've only found the official 360 wheel, or the madcatz wheel. 70 and 40 receptively.

Does anyone have the list of compatible wheels, or know when one is coming?
Also what wheels/setup do people use when playing a racing sim? Would you recommend it and where did you get it?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

LFC2K6
08-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Update on this...

Decided to go with the official 360 wheel. From videos I've seen & feedback from Gamescom, the wheel is perfectly in sync with the game and is well worth the extra money.

To anyone else looking for one, it's currently 64.99 on the Gamestation website.
That's 15+ cheaper than anywhere else I've checked (including amazon)

amacteur
08-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for this, I was wondering which one was the best.

I'll probably go for this one too :cool:

LFC2K6
08-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for this, I was wondering which one was the best.

I'll probably go for this one too :cool:

Welcome :)
It seems to be only available online too, I've looked through all of Liverpool and can only find the Madcatz one.

amacteur
08-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Are they delivering outside of the UK?

LFC2K6
08-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Are they delivering outside of the UK?

Game (69.99) have a "Rest of the world" option for shipping, so I'm pretty sure they'll ship to America. Obviously it won't be their standard free delivery. I think it said 4.95 and it will take around 6 days to get to you, but if you're okay with that(and I assume paying in instead of $) then yeah they'll deliver to you!

pX I Atticus
08-21-2010, 05:19 PM
i got my official wheel for 30 of ebay and it works a treat! i would check on ebay if u dont want to fork out 70

LFC2K6
08-21-2010, 05:45 PM
i got my official wheel for 30 of ebay and it works a treat! i would check on ebay if u dont want to fork out 70

I would, but MS seem to have stopped making the wheel (as far as I know) so I want to cover my ass in case it breaks ;)

BI0RAPTOR
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I would, but MS seem to have stopped making the wheel (as far as I know) so I want to cover my ass in case it breaks ;)
Then this is a shame.:(
Although I think Ebay is the best bet for getting one.

LFC2K6
08-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Then this is a shame.:(
Although I think Ebay is the best bet for getting one.

It really is, by all accounts the MS wheel is quality.

However, if they've discontinued it, with the amount of racing games available for 360 and the amount currently in development, surely another product must be coming to take its place?