PDA

View Full Version : B.E.A.R.S. Characters Named After Film Series

burningreaper
08-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Didn't see anything like this posted on the forums, but please let me know if it is.

I was messing around with challenge 5-3, Killer: The Butcher's Ball, trying to get the achievement for killing every B.E.A.R. with an object. Since I was paying attention to the box for B.E.A.R.S. repairing stuff, I noticed their names. Their names were Fackler, Hightower, Mahoney, Tackleberry, Jones, Lassard, Thompson and Harris.

Every name on the list is a character that appeared at least once in The Police Academy movie series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Police_Academy_characters

Anybody else find any themes?

D4B0MB1N4T10N
08-17-2010, 05:37 AM
lol, my friend just sent me a message on live regarding that. i thot that that was pretty clever of them. EDIT: actually, your my friend who told me, fail on my part!

with episode 8 and the "super-bears," i believe they are named after various super heroes (ive only played the first chapter once):

-Bearverine (Wolverine?)
-Iron Bear (Iron Man?)
-Invincible Bear (?)
-Professor B. (Professor X?)
-Superb Bear (Superman?)
-Wonder Bear (Wonder Woman?)
-Danger Bear (Danger Mouse?)
-Mystery Bear (?)
-The Bulk (Hulk?)
-Flare (either Flash or the Human Torch?)

magikman79
08-17-2010, 11:03 AM
i didnt even notice that

Jellybean468
08-19-2010, 09:30 AM
-Danger Bear (?)

:woop::woop::woop::woop: Danger Mouse! :woop::woop::woop::woop:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/DarklordZerato/pp0302danger-mouse-posters.jpg

Yuitsu
08-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Some of the others B.E.A.Rs are Mauser (a pistol), Eastwood (and several other Hollywood action heros)

The X-Bears also include The Bulk (Hulk) The Flare (Flash I assume, or a reference to the Human Torch)

I also love that there is an alien called Frank, and a zombear called Rob.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
08-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Some of the others B.E.A.Rs are Mauser (a pistol), Eastwood (and several other Hollywood action heros)

The X-Bears also include The Bulk (Hulk) The Flare (Flash I assume, or a reference to the Human Torch)

I also love that there is an alien called Frank, and a zombear called Rob.

thanks, ive updated my post to include these and the danger mouse.

never new that mauser was a pistol, and eastwood makes sense (clint eastwood i assumed). anything else?