PDA

View Full Version : Demo out now!!

tgas416
08-17-2010, 02:36 PM
NHL demo is out today!!

Suicide Fury
08-17-2010, 02:59 PM
hell yea. im downloading now. how about you guys?

tgas416
08-17-2010, 03:09 PM
ya mine just downloaded!!

Suicide Fury
08-17-2010, 03:18 PM
lucky haha i have to wait till after the bank to play :( let me know how it is.

nastymind
08-17-2010, 03:29 PM
not bad ...

tgas416
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
lucky haha i have to wait till after the bank to play :( let me know how it is.
Mostly the same to Nhl10 but a couple of new features like now you can preform celebrations after you score, and a couple other things but nothing major.

EvolvedX
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
new additions are always a plus, new faceoff system is definitely a long time needed addition, new physics engine is looking promising, UHL will be addictive, all around great improvements since previous years, cannot wait to get this and start our new league online

tgas416
08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
new additions are always a plus, new faceoff system is definitely a long time needed addition, new physics engine is looking promising, UHL will be addictive, all around great improvements since previous years, cannot wait to get this and start our new league online
ya but paying $70 for just that? i don't know if im down for that. But then again thats my opinion.

EvolvedX
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
well theres a lot more than just 'that' for 70$....if you are not a fan of hockey, then dont bother purchasing this game and stay with the previous years which servers will just get shut down in a short time anyways

if you dont want to spend 70$, go rent it or burn it if thats such a big issue for you

Deadshot1974
08-17-2010, 06:02 PM
It's been years since I pick up any of the hockey games but I am leaning on picking this one up so the demo will have a huge impact on my decision. My biggest problem is my internet is in the dumps until Friday so out of curiousity what teams can you play in the demo?

EvolvedX
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
well as in all the previous demo's, usually its the cup finalists, but on top of that this year, you get to play with your UHL which is a random group of players from all leagues...if you are a true hockey fan - then this year is definitely the year to pick it up, but thats not really saying much as i am a true hockey fan, and have picked it up for the last 22 years in a row

Suicide Fury
08-17-2010, 07:06 PM
i think the hits are bigger which is pretty sweet. ive been giving big hits all day haha. but it feels kind of different in a weird way. but then again i haven't played an nhl game since Christmas or so

II TAPOUT II
08-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I've been waiting for this for a while!

Downloading it as soon as I get on xbox.

tgas416
08-17-2010, 07:42 PM
well theres a lot more than just 'that' for 70$....if you are not a fan of hockey, then dont bother purchasing this game and stay with the previous years which servers will just get shut down in a short time anyways

if you dont want to spend 70$, go rent it or burn it if thats such a big issue for you
Bud im not saying i cant afford it or something all im saying is sport games come out every year and change very little only adding more modes and more online futures and maybe sometimes new gameplay elements. So i don't see the point of buying a new version every year, i mean only if your a die hard fan then yes i guess you have to.

EvolvedX
08-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Bud im not saying i cant afford it or something all im saying is sport games come out every year and change very little only adding more modes and more online futures and maybe sometimes new gameplay elements. So i don't see the point of buying a new version every year, i mean only if your a die hard fan then yes i guess you have to.

that and if you want to continue playing online, yes.

if you dont want to play online, then sure, stick with nhl 97

Neptune56
08-17-2010, 11:44 PM
The demo is nothing like 10.

tgas416
08-18-2010, 12:16 AM
that and if you want to continue playing online, yes.

if you dont want to play online, then sure, stick with nhl 97
Ya so your saying you are willing to pay 70 bucks to keep playing online.

Suicide Fury
08-18-2010, 01:00 AM
i just finished a game and got around 200 ea pucks. what are these pucks for?

Blaze9026
08-18-2010, 01:15 AM
i just finished a game and got around 200 ea pucks. what are these pucks for?
You sadly can't use EA pucks in the demo, but in the full game you can use them to buy new card packs, and bid on individual cards.

Suicide Fury
08-18-2010, 02:28 AM
oh kind of like money. thats pretty cool. thanks

EvolvedX
08-18-2010, 03:41 AM
Ya so your saying you are willing to pay 70 bucks to keep playing online.

well i along with the 100,000+ true hockey fans that play this game yearly have no problem doing so, i dont know where you buy your games, but maybe you need to shop around as most new games are no more than 49$ cdn brand new, so that works out to be approx 4$ a month to play approx 100-1000 games online a month

but i can see that you are truly a sports fan since you dont even have a sport title in your latest 6 games played, maybe just another cheevo whore who is just looking for an easy 1000

dwmacfar2
08-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Just finished playing it. Ultimate Team is done the best in this game (as I have Madden 11 also) and will truly be an addiction for me I'm sure. I loved NHL 10, and the new physics system in 11 truly over shadows 10. I thought 10 was a great game, but 11 just seems to play smoother, and with the new ultimate team mode being so much better, I can see myself playing that a lot more.

MASS DOMINATION
08-18-2010, 07:32 AM
i dont know where you buy your games, but maybe you need to shop around as most new games are no more than 49$ cdn brand new, so that works out to be approx 4$ a month to play approx 100-1000 games online a month

i dont know where u are shopping but i'd sure like to know where u get most brand new games for only $49 CDN. 90% of games i see are starting at $69CDN. i never see new games for $49CDN.

tgas416
08-18-2010, 01:45 PM
well i along with the 100,000+ true hockey fans that play this game yearly have no problem doing so, i dont know where you buy your games, but maybe you need to shop around as most new games are no more than 49$ cdn brand new, so that works out to be approx 4$ a month to play approx 100-1000 games online a month

but i can see that you are truly a sports fan since you dont even have a sport title in your latest 6 games played, maybe just another cheevo whore who is just looking for an easy 1000
Bud i have all the 2010 EA sport titles so let's stop with the bullshit. if you don't believe me then compare my achievements. And i don't know where you buy your games for $49 maybe of a truck???? Because that's to low of a price... Ya see even mass domination agrees with me that's to low of a price, i wish they where that low then maybe i would be thinking of buying one every year.

DBear
08-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!:woop:

EvolvedX
08-18-2010, 04:08 PM
well maybe you guys should shop around - Superstore beats any future shop and best buy price by at least 10-30$ on release days, NHL10 was 39.99 new the day it came out and was 29.99 the week after, so maybe you need to learn to shop around

tgas416
08-18-2010, 04:28 PM
well maybe you guys should shop around - Superstore beats any future shop and best buy price by at least 10-30$ on release days, NHL10 was 39.99 new the day it came out and was 29.99 the week after, so maybe you need to learn to shop around
Just tell me where you buy games form because every where i go there 69.99 im lucky when i see 59.99 and it on release date. Nhl 10 is only $40 right now, and 11 comes out in a month. my point being is that they only drop the price when the next one comes out.So i don't know where you buy your games.... And it's kind of hard to shop around when everyone has the same price.

EvolvedX
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Just tell me where you buy games form because every where i go there 69.99 im lucky when i see 59.99 and it on release date. Nhl 10 is only $40 right now, and 11 comes out in a month. my point being is that they only drop the price when the next one comes out.So i don't know where you buy your games.... And it's kind of hard to shop around when everyone has the same price.

maybe you are blind, but i just posted where i shopped - and it is far from true that it drops only when the next comes out, it was 29.99 for the 6 months of winter, and then the last few months, went back up to 69.99, maybe learn how to read - why would i pull this shit out of my ass, learn how to shop.

tgas416
08-18-2010, 04:47 PM
maybe you are blind, but i just posted where i shopped - and it is far from true that it drops only when the next comes out, it was 29.99 for the 6 months of winter, and then the last few months, went back up to 69.99, maybe learn how to read - why would i pull this shit out of my ass, learn how to shop.
okay bud don't have to be an ass hole it's just hard to believe that you shop for games at a grocery store and trust me iv been there and games are not cheep there.

EvolvedX
08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
far from being an ass, but when a 'grocery' store is one of the biggest chains on the planet, they usually have a competetive price, obviously you dont shop there often enough because their prices are usually 49 and below, very rarely you will see a game above that - maybe its different in your city, but in Calgary their prices are cheap - please do your research before you come on here being an 'ass' yourself

maybe you should learn how to call around places and see what their prices are - compare, and then bargain them down to a lower price as theres 40+ % markup on games, not hard to get stores to price match and beat competition

tgas416
08-18-2010, 05:21 PM
far from being an ass, but when a 'grocery' store is one of the biggest chains on the planet, they usually have a competetive price, obviously you dont shop there often enough because their prices are usually 49 and below, very rarely you will see a game above that - maybe its different in your city, but in Calgary their prices are cheap - please do your research before you come on here being an 'ass' yourself

maybe you should learn how to call around places and see what their prices are - compare, and then bargain them down to a lower price as theres 40+ % markup on games, not hard to get stores to price match and beat competition
Man you have a fucking temper... why are you so pissed it's not a big deal. it's a fucking game and just because in Toronto price are higher then in Calgary it's not my fault. and btw if we ask anyone here how much they will pay for NHL11 i bet no one will say 40-50 dollars, so please im not the ass here.

EvolvedX
08-18-2010, 05:42 PM
lol, you are a joke, just shut your fucking mouth now, i am done with the 17 year old - ask anyone?....so i should ask the 1.1 million people that paid 40-50 for nhl 10? - 1.1 million + more people will be buying nhl11 without fail, so dont worry - just because you wanna cry about paying some money for the latest and greatest doesnt mean nobody else will - any real sports fans buy them year after year....now stfu

tgas416
08-18-2010, 06:07 PM
lol, you are a joke, just shut your fucking mouth now, i am done with the 17 year old - ask anyone?....so i should ask the 1.1 million people that paid 40-50 for nhl 10? - 1.1 million + more people will be buying nhl11 without fail, so dont worry - just because you wanna cry about paying some money for the latest and greatest doesnt mean nobody else will - any real sports fans buy them year after year....now stfu
Fuck man im not saying -"noo dont buy this because it's a fucking rip off or it's a pointless game because they make one every year"- im not saying that, all im saying is in my opinion it's not worth it i'd rather spend my money on a different game like EA Sports MMA or something new and fresh. but that's my opinion.

cadetduke
08-19-2010, 02:15 PM
okay bud don't have to be an ass hole it's just hard to believe that you shop for games at a grocery store and trust me iv been there and games are not cheep there.
There's been issues with these "grocery" stores selling newly released games for considerably less than video game retailers. Both of you are annoying as fuck though.

ruslan74
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
There's been issues with these "grocery" stores selling newly released games for considerably less than video game retailers. Both of you are annoying as fuck though.

Agreed with that! Going to download the demo and try it out. Anybody care to say if it has some sort of time limit or is it just a 5 minute half match like its predecessors?

cadetduke
08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Agreed with that! Going to download the demo and try it out. Anybody care to say if it has some sort of time limit or is it just a 5 minute half match like its predecessors?
You can play the 3rd period of the Stanley Cup finals and play games in the Ultimate Hockey Team. Plus you can do some practice tutorials.