PDA

View Full Version : Cinematic trailer

A Satyr
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
YouTube- Dragon Age 2 Trailer - Destiny

Lord Montymort
08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah I saw it on the main page, awesome stuff, but the most interesting thing IMO is that Morrigan's Mother, Flemeth, was the Narrator for the trailer, this almost confirms that characters from Origin's will be returning, even though:

I killed Flemeth in all but one of my Origin's playthroughs, so unless she found a new body, Morrigan perhaps, I dunno how she could return

Great trailer though, I do enjoy seeing these CGI despite they often end up making the game look and feel a little disappointing.

A Satyr
08-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I posted a few minutes before that showed up on the front page :p

You can save transfer like Mass effect, so i guess if you didnt kill Flemeth in the 1st or you start a new game she is in it for sure. My favorite thing is his weapon, its about time i could use a mage staff with a blade instead of a stick... Also that demon arm thing was very interesting

Link to DA2 wiki for more info

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_2

Terarin
08-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks for posting that. I couldn't view the one off the main page on my Droid. Hot stuff.

Bsgar
08-18-2010, 06:55 PM
But will this character become the main hero? What about the personalization and origins?

A Satyr
08-18-2010, 07:11 PM
But will this character become the main hero? What about the personalization and origins? Yes thats the main "Hero", you play as Hawke, you can be male or female. No more races to pick from, just human. No word on customization as far as i know but probably a little bit. Technically the beginning of the game is an origin but really No theres no origins since theres no other races.

Owellyn
08-23-2010, 11:17 AM
what the hell is that? Is it like a darkspawn or what?

W1tchHunter
09-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Theres a harvestor in the trailer O_O oh noes

Cypher_Cobra
09-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Flemeth probably can't die, she's like some crazy powerful abomination so she'll find a way to live.

You can probably either use the default Hawke face, or create your own like in ME.

All the surviving characters from DAO will probably appear in DA2 since it's following in step with ME2 and all the characters from ME1 including some less important characters made a return in at least some way.

X King Damian X
10-06-2010, 03:20 AM
I don't think there are origin stories -> No races to choose from. It's Dragon Age II, not Dragon Age: Origins II

BaldWombat
10-16-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't think there are origin stories -> No races to choose from. It's Dragon Age II, not Dragon Age: Origins II

You play as a character named Hawke who is human. Because of this they are adding voice acting for the player character. You will be able to choose your gender and change your looks though.