PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Madden Moment?

wildwest08
08-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Just got done with this this morning and I enjoyed this feature a lot. My favorite was playing brett favre against the 49ers and recreating the catch at the end even though I am a 49ers fan. what is your favorite?

II TAPOUT II
08-17-2010, 09:27 PM
I liked the Colts Rams one where you're down by around 20 points or so, just because you had to make a big comeback.

I loved the feature too, but I wished you could have chosen which difficulty they were. Pro made it too easy. =/

mikemc
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
I liked having to run a punt back with Reggie Bush...

Boostme
08-17-2010, 10:08 PM
on Super bowl Sunday, the last event of Madden moments. Ive been trying to this fucken achievement for half of the day with so many restarts (i fucked up trying to score at the very beginning numerous times)Finally,I score a TD, went for the 2nd pt conversion, now down 5. I recovered an onside kick at 33% power and accuracy on the left side..note you, i did it at 70% with perfect accuracy on an onside kick before and i failed to recover to the ball..well this time, i ifnally got it and Saints stopped me to a 4th and 2 on my next drive and i converted at thier 40 yard line. Very next play with 4 seconds left, I threw a slant to Dallas Clark right up the middle and at 2 yard line,i was confronted by 2 ppl on defense and i dove right up to the endzone for the win instead of trying to truck them. It was so crazy. me and my bro were screaming our heads off..

sweetvar26
08-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Loved the feature, I really wish they let us choose the difficulty atleast.

There were some frustrating moments as I am not a Pro Madden player, play it casually for fun, I had rough times during these moments but I completed them today, started yesterday. Some of them like the Chiefs and the Jags took me forever...

TREVORr_35
08-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Super Bowl Sunday, by far, it was very challenging and interesting.

xBiG ReDx
08-18-2010, 03:50 PM
on Super bowl Sunday, the last event of Madden moments. Ive been trying to this fucken achievement for half of the day with so many restarts (i fucked up trying to score at the very beginning numerous times)Finally,I score a TD, went for the 2nd pt conversion, now down 5. I recovered an onside kick at 33% power and accuracy on the left side..note you, i did it at 70% with perfect accuracy on an onside kick before and i failed to recover to the ball..well this time, i ifnally got it and Saints stopped me to a 4th and 2 on my next drive and i converted at thier 40 yard line. Very next play with 4 seconds left, I threw a slant to Dallas Clark right up the middle and at 2 yard line,i was confronted by 2 ppl on defense and i dove right up to the endzone for the win instead of trying to truck them. It was so crazy. me and my bro were screaming our heads off..
lol sounds crazy. im only though half of them but so far i liked the very fisrt one just because in real life it was the luckiest play of the season!

Boostme
08-19-2010, 12:15 AM
I did Super Bowl Sunday twice now. except this time, i did not recover my onside kick. did a FG block on 3rd down and Brees audibled and it turned out to be an incompletion. Saints punted back the ball instead of kicking a FG and i scored the winning TD with 4 seconds left..WOo hoo..I fucken hate Super Bowl Sunday

ENF0RCER 24
08-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Choosing just one is very difficult but when I was going through the mode I just stopped and realized just how many epic football games their was last year. Even though most of them had you changing history of who won the game but still they were close nail bitters in actuality. But in my opinion you can't top Super Bowl Sunday, doing and improvable comeback with barely a minute left.

Blunts4Breakfas
08-20-2010, 12:05 PM
on super bowl sunday, the last event of madden moments. Ive been trying to this fucken achievement for half of the day with so many restarts (i fucked up trying to score at the very beginning numerous times)finally,i score a td, went for the 2nd pt conversion, now down 5. I recovered an onside kick at 33% power and accuracy on the left side..note you, i did it at 70% with perfect accuracy on an onside kick before and i failed to recover to the ball..well this time, i ifnally got it and saints stopped me to a 4th and 2 on my next drive and i converted at thier 40 yard line. Very next play with 4 seconds left, i threw a slant to dallas clark right up the middle and at 2 yard line,i was confronted by 2 ppl on defense and i dove right up to the endzone for the win instead of trying to truck them. It was so crazy. Me and my bro were screaming our heads off..

my guide*******

first all onside kicks are crapchutes..
When kicking off..just kick it down field and go for big hit/ strip....when u strip it and recover..youll be only 20-30 yrds away from scoring..rather then having to get lucky on onside...then drive 60 yrds..with 45 sec. And no timeouts..

Alot easier this way...i tried onside 3 or 4 times...and got strip on my 2nd time trying it my way!!
Try it out if your havin trouble...

DarkManX
08-20-2010, 02:44 PM
I never realized there were 49 madden moments. Wow that's way to many. They all get repetitive after a while.

KSizzle
08-20-2010, 05:42 PM
After playing them all I have to say my favorite one was the Rams/Colts one where you have to comeback from a large deficit. I just thought it was fun lighting up that Colts secondary. I also enjoyed the one where you play as my Packers and have to score 2 quick tds to beat the Vikes. I had a lot of fun doing these, I wouldn't mind some DLC of great games that take place this year but knowing EA, they will save it for next year.

bLaKgRaVy
08-20-2010, 08:16 PM
My favorite moment was when the achievement popped and I turned off the game.

EA puts a lot of stuff in their Madden games, but if there aren't achievements associated with them, I'll never play them. When was the last time someone played a mini-game? Or played the Mascot Mash-up in NCAA Football?

DarkManX
08-20-2010, 09:12 PM
After playing them all I have to say my favorite one was the Rams/Colts one where you have to comeback from a large deficit. I just thought it was fun lighting up that Colts secondary. I also enjoyed the one where you play as my Packers and have to score 2 quick tds to beat the Vikes. I had a lot of fun doing these, I wouldn't mind some DLC of great games that take place this year but knowing EA, they will save it for next year.
There better not be a DLC with achievements because than I've going to have to rent the game again. I remember that moment because I hate back to back pick 6's with Clay Matthews. I destroyed the Vikings that moment.

KSizzle
08-21-2010, 05:05 AM
There better not be a DLC with achievements because than I've going to have to rent the game again. I remember that moment because I hate back to back pick 6's with Clay Matthews. I destroyed the Vikings that moment.

They don't have to have achievements for me. I enjoy playing Madden every year. I always play through several years on my franchise. I just thought some sort of DLC for Madden Moments would be fun, for those that enjoyed them but I can assure you EA wouldn't do that because they can put them on next years edition.

As for that moment, I had to do it 2 times. The first attempt I scored quickly but they gained a 1st down and killed the clock. I lucked out on the 2nd attempt and sent Woodson on a corner blitz and hit sticked AP and he fumbled and Nick Barnett took it in for the td.

DarkManX
08-21-2010, 02:57 PM
They don't have to have achievements for me. I enjoy playing Madden every year. I always play through several years on my franchise. I just thought some sort of DLC for Madden Moments would be fun, for those that enjoyed them but I can assure you EA wouldn't do that because they can put them on next years edition.

As for that moment, I had to do it 2 times. The first attempt I scored quickly but they gained a 1st down and killed the clock. I lucked out on the 2nd attempt and sent Woodson on a corner blitz and hit sticked AP and he fumbled and Nick Barnett took it in for the td.
I think I ended up with live 58 or something points that game. It doesn't have to do with the achievements with the DLC. I just didn't buy this game for the first time in like 9 years. So I don't want to spend more money on a game that is the same thing as madden 10. I think it should be called Madden 10.5 instead of Madden 11.

KSizzle
08-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I think I ended up with live 58 or something points that game. It doesn't have to do with the achievements with the DLC. I just didn't buy this game for the first time in like 9 years. So I don't want to spend more money on a game that is the same thing as madden 10. I think it should be called Madden 10.5 instead of Madden 11.

I hear ya on that. I would however buy DLC that included Madden Moments from the past. I think that would be pretty cool. Classic Madden Moments. You could play "The Drive" with Elway, The Ice Bowl with Packers/Cowboys, stuff like that. All with the original full rosters of each moment. I know that would never happen but with NBA 2k11 releasing a bunch of those classic teams, I thought about EA doing it as well. That would be worth buying imo.

DarkManX
08-22-2010, 01:55 AM
I hear ya on that. I would however buy DLC that included Madden Moments from the past. I think that would be pretty cool. Classic Madden Moments. You could play "The Drive" with Elway, The Ice Bowl with Packers/Cowboys, stuff like that. All with the original full rosters of each moment. I know that would never happen but with NBA 2k11 releasing a bunch of those classic teams, I thought about EA doing it as well. That would be worth buying imo.
Oh boy don't get me started on NBA 2K11. Yeah I know what your talking about NCAA 04 or 05 did something like that. That's why I think the madden moments they have now get tiresome. I think this year they tried to add too many and that's where they got repetitive

sosweeet
08-23-2010, 02:21 AM
My favourite was the Brett Favre last second throw as I can still remember that game.

wildwest08
08-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Choosing just one is very difficult but when I was going through the mode I just stopped and realized just how many epic football games their was last year. Even though most of them had you changing history of who won the game but still they were close nail bitters in actuality. But in my opinion you can't top Super Bowl Sunday, doing and improvable comeback with barely a minute left.
i agree with you i love watching football but didn't realize how many epic games there were last year

NUTZILLA313
08-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Super Bowl Sunday, by far, it was very challenging and interesting.

It's definitely challenging. That's for sure. What's stupid is if you miss the 4th and goal TD right at the beginning, then you have to quit then reload it....can somebody try to explain to me why they didn't put in a Restart option in the Pause menu??:uzi::eek:
I liked all of them to be honest, I liked the one where you just have to return a punt for a TD using Reggie Bush. Towards the bottom. Played that one for about an hour just running back TDs