PDA

View Full Version : Any achievement problems...?

xLUNCHTREYx
08-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Has anyone had any problems with achievements not unlocking if you wait to get all the collectibles in Nightmare difficulty? I'm mostly worried about...

Picking Up After Yourself 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png Find all of the manuscript pages in Normal mode.

Johan
08-24-2010, 05:19 AM
So far no reports of achievements not unlocking.

There are some problems with the DLC though ,once you finish it your xbox may freeze and the achievement Run-on Sentence 50:gsicon: for completing the game in one go without dying doesn`t unlock.

Br0kenAssass1n
08-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Has anyone had any problems with achievements not unlocking if you wait to get all the collectibles in Nightmare difficulty? I'm mostly worried about...

Picking Up After Yourself 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png Find all of the manuscript pages in Normal mode.

No need to worry. I got my last Normal manuscript in Nightmare mode and it unlocked.

TsarBlandi
08-27-2010, 02:33 PM
No need to worry. I got my last Normal manuscript in Nightmare mode and it unlocked.

i can second this, got mine at the same time

ive just got Run On Sentence to attempt, Thermos's and the Hidden caches, ive nearly got them all but still have to sit with a V-Guide and find out which ones as theres no way to tell which ones ive missed x)

Zobie Capo956
08-29-2010, 07:08 AM
actually i DO have a complaint about the manuscripts on normal mode. i found them all and it never pops up. it says im missing the 2 in the beggining of chapter 2 that r in ur study and i get them and still wont pop up

Dynamite Andy
08-29-2010, 10:47 AM
So far no reports of achievements not unlocking.

There are some problems with the DLC though ,once you finish it your xbox may freeze and the achievement Run-on Sentence 50:gsicon: for completing the game in one go without dying doesn`t unlock.

It doesn't unlock if your trying for Fast & Furious 25:gsicon: at the same time.

actually i DO have a complaint about the manuscripts on normal mode. i found them all and it never pops up. it says im missing the 2 in the beggining of chapter 2 that r in ur study and i get them and still wont pop up

Have you tried recovering your GT?

cheifjordan
08-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Ive found all the collectibles on normal and have none to report not unlocking, im currently working on completing nightmare and finding the scripts also...

The best way to track the ones you got is print out one of the many awesome collectible guides on here and check off each one as you get it....

cutchinz
08-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Ya I have both the Nightmare and Normal ones, and I didn't get all the normal ones in Normal mode and didn't have a problem.

Midnight Malice
08-30-2010, 04:34 AM
I just finished the entire runthrough for a full 1000 (not DLC, I dont plan on playing any) and the game says 49 of 50 for 990 on the list where it shows multiple games, but when I go into the single game achievement list it says 50 of 50 with all (retail) achievements unlocked. My gamerscore does not reflect the missing 10 points (should be 130,050 but shows 130,040), but when a friend compared our games it showed 1000 for me on Alan Wake, and xbox.com also shows 1000. I'm recovering my tag as I type this, seems the only logical step to fix it.

But for the op, (well since he has 1250, anyone thinking they should wait) I wouldn't wait to get the collectibles on Nightmare, get them all on Normal (except the obvious ones that aren't there) Nightmare is no joke, and a lot of the collectibles are out of the way of the main path, and makes you take on many many more enemies, I would definately just get them on Normal.

EDIT:And after recovering, it now shows 1000 on MY list, but i am still 10 points short in total score. I probably wouldnt have even noticed except for the fact that I was at 129900 when i had 850 on Alan Wake.

Shaynringan
09-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Howdy,

So if I play on Normal first and get all the "Normal" collectibles, they will not be present in the Nightmare playthru? Or will they be present, but simply able to be ignored?

Thanks!

Midnight Malice
09-01-2010, 09:19 PM
All the manuscripts are still there but all the thermoses that have been collected are gone. In fact, this game keeps track of collectible progress even if you delete your gamesave from the dashboard. So once u pick up a thermos and save, it is gone forever.

And yes, you will be able to ignore everything but the nightmare only manuscripts, and "most" of those are in plain view.