PDA

View Full Version : PSU Vs EA

Dan aKa Lanky
04-27-2007, 11:29 AM
i have yet to buy this and still deciding to buy it or not. SO i have a question for people who have played them both.

What do you think is better and in what way?
Also what is the battle Sim like? anything like PSU or a basic battle formation like FFs?

chewy
04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
EA very much resembles the FF series. It has grid, turn-based combat. Whereas PSU is real time combat within "zones" where a set number of enemies spawn and you must clear them all out to continue. It will take more hours to play EA, but neither has much replay value as once its beaten there's not much else to do in either. PSU has the online thing, but I never bothered with it (don't like monthly costs to play a game). If I had to choose to play one again it would definitely be EA, not even close. PSU felt like a chore to beat, whereas EA has its moments. Good luck (both are an easy 1k gamerpoints).

Fonkey Monkey
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
imo PSU is waaaaay better. but im a bit biased since im one of thew few that actually enjoyed it, and hated enchanted arms.
but stores still have this bitch at $60:eek:. get it on ebay for about $10.

Rollie
05-01-2007, 01:41 PM
This games great and now in the UK down to 17 its bargian, Id reccomend this to any RPG fan, fun but easy and decent storyline.
Id reccomend this over PSU :)

Wreckon Dracgon
05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Enchanted Arms is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way better than PSU (like the eights a's Waaaaaaaak).

And Enchanted Arms is also shorter than PSU. PSU is a good 20-25 hours even if you run through it. For most it takes between 25-30 hours to complete that game. Enchanted Arms however can be done in 12 hours if you know what you're doing. Plus the real fun in Enchanted Arms is playing online battles against other people and their Golems.

So if you just want a quick 1000 points Enchanted Arms is the way to go, and if you want the better game Enchanted Arms is the way to go, and if you want a game with replay value Enchanted Arms is the way to go.

squirreltakos
06-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Ok well this is my opinion PSU's single player.. not very good
Enchanted Arms Single player is great :)

Get psu if your planning on paying monthly for the service otherwise the game is not worth it.. Or buy the game for gamecube lol, seriously the graphics are not current gen.

Enchanted Arms is beautiful compared to PSU and imo has better story.

hope that helps...

graemelunn
06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Enchanted Arms is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way better than PSU (like the eights a's Waaaaaaaak).

And Enchanted Arms is also shorter than PSU. PSU is a good 20-25 hours even if you run through it. For most it takes between 25-30 hours to complete that game. Enchanted Arms however can be done in 12 hours if you know what you're doing. Plus the really fun in Enchanted Arms is playing online battles against other people and their Golems.

So if you just want a quick 1000 points Enchanted Arms is the way to go, and if you want the better game Enchanted Arms is the way to go, and if you want a game with replay value Enchanted Arms is the way to go.
There you go! An unbiased view from someone whom is near the top of the "I Love Golems As Much As My Own Kids" Leaderboard.
Unfortunately I must agree with him EA vs PSU? No contest, EA is hands down winner :)

Wreckon Dracgon
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
All I have to say is look at my Sig.... Enchanted Arms is Randy Orton... and PSU is everyone else.

Graham31004
06-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I am going to have to agree with the general consensus on this one. I own both PSU and EA and have beat both games. I have played PSU online and wasn't impressed. $10 a month for what content was out there when I played was absurd. I also play World of Warcraft which i consider a bargain at $15 a month considering all the things you can do. Anyways, don't buy it for the online play.

As far as the game play, EA hands down. I loved Phantasy Star Online on the Xbox when it was multiplayer but since this is single player, it really takes a lot of the fun out of it. Synthesizing your weapons in PSU is a pain and the storyline lacks. EA has a great storyline and although I will admit it starts off slow and kind of boring. If you hang with it, you won't be able to put the controller down.

I like EA's grid turn based system much better then the free swinging system. It's much more tactical and it's not just mashing the X or A button.

Hope this helped

Zef
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Enchanted Arms was better, the storyline was quite good and the battles were more fun. Graphically it wasn't amazing but it did the game justice either way. Also you might turn into a mighty warrior like Wreckon, he honed his battle skills in Enchanted Arms.

Phantasy Star was a hide-and-seek simulator, you spend most of your time searching out keys to unlock gates to new areas to look for keys in. The story isn't terribly good and the graphics follow the same pattern.

So Enchanted Arms it is =)

Alazar Hiwitari
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Well I have both PSU and EA,

and I can say with all confidence that Enchanted Arms is better.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I go through periods when i dont play the game for months...

I like PSU alot but its gets very tedious and repetative the story is exxelent but the battles can be extremely boring becasue you do the same thing over and over agian just in different areas...

From memory it works like this; Battle,Key Card,Use TERMINAL,battle, Keycard, Keycard, Use TERMINAL, Battle, Keycard, Battle, Keycard, Keycard, Use TERMINAL...basically you repeat that for about 1hour until you get to a cutscene, but then you end up doing it again...You repeat this until you get too a BOSS battle which have no variation what-so-ever...they have no special tactics or different attacks short of the fact that some of them fly and others don't.

One other thing, this game has absolutely NO replay value. Not only that this game could not be traded into a local GAME or GAMESTATION (or most game retailers), becasue of it's online capabilities.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EA on the other hand is a classical turn based RPG...
There are very few flaws to this game...if any at all...

the story is gripping,exiting and very suspenseful with multiple endings...

the characters are all have obvious different emotions and lead very different lives, this also is the same for the evil characters.

the graphics are a site to behold, the gameplay is exelent, the actors siut the characters extrordinarilly.

the development of the characters and the game itself are perfectly intertwined and is definately a game to buy.

EA has exxelent replay value, and I reccomend it to any RPG lover.

Graham31004
07-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Looks like EA wins hands down lol

CC99999
07-04-2007, 02:39 PM
You know, personally....

I liked both enough to recommend them both. The PSU as a chore comment is true... but I did like the voice acting and the episodic chapter structure.

EA is more fun to play and has good characters as well.

I wouldn't play either one online, however. Not my cup of tea.

killlah631
08-27-2007, 04:21 PM
enchanted arms ftw, much better and less repetitive story..and the gameplay is just much better..

UnicornTamer
09-21-2007, 04:01 AM
I've got both, got the 1000 pts on both. However I lean more towards Enchanted arms. It's more the traditional RPG.