PDA

View Full Version : Contests

codedigital
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
I ended up going to Video Games Live last night (http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home)

Awesome deal...if you ever get the chance to go you should do it.

They had a GH2 contest there to fill in the blanks up until the show started and I said what the hell and entered. What sucked was the song was You Really Got Me on freaking MEDIUM. It's a contest people...let's do something a little challenging.

Anyhow...I think I got nervous with ~100 people watching me play and missed a note. A retardedly easy one too. Ended up getting beat by some 13 year old kid or something and coming in second place. Talk about a blow to my ego.

Anyone else here ever play in a GH contest? I know they have them around here frequently but this is the first one I've actually entered. How'd you do?

razzleson
04-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Anyone else here ever play in a GH contest? I know they have them around here frequently but this is the first one I've actually entered. How'd you do?
Sadly, apart from drinking with friend and having a "whoever gets a worse percentage has to drink" contest, I've never been so lucky to have been in any sort of gaming contest.

-sigh-

Congrats on second though, did you win anything? A kiss from A.J. Ferguson maybe?

codedigital
04-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Sadly, apart from drinking with friend and having a "whoever gets a worse percentage has to drink" contest, I've never been so lucky to have been in any sort of gaming contest.

-sigh-

Congrats on second though, did you win anything? A kiss from A.J. Ferguson maybe?

Those contests are the best. I really don't need an excuse to drink as I do that quite well....but it's still fun.

Ever do the bad words game? My friends and I would come up with a list of 10-15 common words and if you said one...you drank. We'd put hard ones on there too like; drink, fuck, I, you, to

Try not saying those after you've been drinking!

Dr Buttcrack
04-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Shit that sucks dude, I can barely play medium, the notes are almost confusing they're so slow and sometimes off from the song. I went to a Halo 2 tournament a couple of years ago in a local mall with about 20 doubles teams. I'd love to go to a Guitar Hero tourney once I'm a little better.

Drinking games...whew, I could type up a little list here. Here's a fun one if you've got a Nintendo Wii: Wii Bowling, 4 players, for however many pins you have left at the end of your turn, you chug for that many seconds. So whoever sucks at Bowling ends up drunk in about 10 minutes ;)

codedigital
04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Shit that sucks dude, I can barely play medium, the notes are almost confusing they're so slow and sometimes off from the song. I went to a Halo 2 tournament a couple of years ago in a local mall with about 20 doubles teams. I'd love to go to a Guitar Hero tourney once I'm a little better.

Drinking games...whew, I could type up a little list here. Here's a fun one if you've got a Nintendo Wii: Wii Bowling, 4 players, for however many pins you have left at the end of your turn, you chug for that many seconds. So whoever sucks at Bowling ends up drunk in about 10 minutes ;)

"Friends don't let friends Wii while drunk." - Jeremy Rhoades (me)

Hahaha.

I don't trust my friends not to put a wiimote through my flat panel in my bedroom.

Dr Buttcrack
04-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Haha, there's a website out there just for people to post pics of their broken shit due to Wii-mote craziness. Wii need more games!!! Seriously, if Nintendo could come out with a couple more games with as much party awesomeness as Wii Sports...

Edit: code, how in the hell did you get the 800k co-op ach. before getting the 400k one in single player?

razzleson
04-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Haha, there's a website out there just for people to post pics of their broken shit due to Wii-mote craziness. Wii need more games!!! Seriously, if Nintendo could come out with a couple more games with as much party awesomeness as Wii Sports...

Edit: code, how in the hell did you get the 800k co-op ach. before getting the 400k one in single player?
Plays more co-op than single player? I rarely even play single player anymore, I only like to do co-op or pro face-off when friends are over.

Mike255
04-30-2007, 03:20 AM
I was in a GH I tournament at best buy here in Fl. I came in second place. 1st prize was GHII. I got a 5 dollar gift certificate...

codedigital
04-30-2007, 11:42 AM

I can get it...just haven't played very much since the patch. K_dog and I got the co-op achs.

For some very strange reason I don't do as well on the 360 as I did on my GH2 for PS2....maybe it's the dam guitar.

BUT...I'll get the ach. Just as soon as I feel more comfortable about sticking the game in my console.