PDA

View Full Version : Be A Keeper?

jtr1gg3r
08-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeh, its been announced, just wanted everyones opinion.

Im really intrigued to see how its gonna work =P

Just imagine the pro camera when someone is taking a penalty at you

I think this is a great addition, altho it wont be for everyone, it'll be pretty fun :)

Haagse Jessy
08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
I think its an great option, but really wondering how they make the balance, Do you just have to guess where the opponent shoot, do you get an dot when he shoot? is it not to easy? is it to hard to stop ? Really looking forward to try it out :)

Remmetje
08-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Too much questions come to mind to form a real opinion. At first glance it sounds awesome but without knowing how it will be gameplay-wise I really can't form an opinion.

neevie24
08-20-2010, 10:43 PM
The first is a real-time set of shot indicators, showing the optimal recommended standing position for your keeper, and a guide to the incoming trajectory of shots. While initially it may sound like a cheat sheet to easy mode, offensive players still have the ability to chip and curl the ball past the keeper, and thereís no indication of power until the ball leaves the attackerís boot. Players steer the keeper around using the left stick like any other player, while keeping the ball out can be done with the right stick, or with a single button press in simplified mode.
The other new tool is called "Call to Arms", and is a raised isometric view of the field when your side has the ball and is going on an offensive rampage. As the keeper you will be able to call for players to pass and set up plays with single button presses superimposed over the players on and off the ball. Itís a nifty way to give the guy down the opposite end of the field a hand in the glory of scoring.
For the really adventurous, or the cocky, thereís even the option to play your keeper as part of the rest of the pack, leaving the box to run the ball yourself. Itís a risky move, as if you concede the ball the opposition AI is smart enough to take a shot, even in its from its own half if they spy a chance at an unguarded net

Apache 117
08-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Imagine if you could do a Heurelho Gomes and start punching your fellow defenders in the back of the head :)

SF GRAND MASTER
08-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Bring it onnnnnnnn

NFP911
08-24-2010, 12:05 PM
interesting....im curious about this.

SF GRAND MASTER
08-24-2010, 03:34 PM
so am i will be nice to see it in action on a trailer soon

ryanpalmr
08-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Be a keeper is going to suck in online team play, you already get a load of players picking defenders and running to attack to try and score, now your going to get a goal keeper, the goal will always be empty unless they make it so they cant get to far, in my opinion this controlling the GK is going to be a massive FAIL

BSC YoungBoy
08-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Be a keeper is going to suck in online team play, you already get a load of players picking defenders and running to attack to try and score, now your going to get a goal keeper, the goal will always be empty unless they make it so they cant get to far, in my opinion this controlling the GK is going to be a massive FAIL

it will work out better with online clubs because people actually focus on winning rather than personal stats

Fynn
09-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm looking forward to this, but I have a feeling I'll get bored quickly if the opposition don't get enough shots on goal.

Noddee 1984
09-06-2010, 08:42 PM
i for one have been looking forward to this play be a keeper on nhl 10 i think it was and it was great fun not boring at all