PDA

View Full Version : selling xbox

nolan182blink
08-18-2010, 05:37 PM
have a question.

I have some DLC on it (trials HD game, mw2 map packs, nazi zambi packs, and a few other things). I'm gonna put the xbox on ebay and I was wondering if I could advertise it coming with those things? because I'm not sure if the dlc work or not for them if i deleted my account on there but kept the dlc on it. I'm planning on taking off my profile/gamertag just incase i want them in the future someday.

so yeah, would the dlc still work for the person who bought the xbox if i deleted my profile where i bought the stuff but i still kept the dlc on the hard drive?

anyone know?

thanks

Worhammer
08-18-2010, 05:39 PM
have a question.

I have some DLC on it (trials HD game, mw2 map packs, nazi zambi packs, and a few other things). I'm gonna put the xbox on ebay and I was wondering if I could advertise it coming with those things? because I'm not sure if the dlc work or not for them if i deleted my account on there but kept the dlc on it. I'm planning on taking off my profile/gamertag just incase i want them in the future someday.

so yeah, would the dlc still work for the person who bought the xbox if i deleted my profile where i bought the stuff but i still kept the dlc on the hard drive?

anyone know?

thanks
The DLC will work with the xbox even if you remove your profile. However, if you remove your acct I would suggest first creating another silver acct just to be safe. I don't know if the licenses might glitch out if there aren't any profiles on the console.

Are you selling your console cause you're getting a new one? Or just because? You might try advertising it comes with a high gamerscore if you have over 50k or something. Just change the email address associated with the profile.

nolan182blink
08-18-2010, 05:53 PM
The DLC will work with the xbox even if you remove your profile. However, if you remove your acct I would suggest first creating another silver acct just to be safe. I don't know if the licenses might glitch out if there aren't any profiles on the console.

Are you selling your console cause you're getting a new one? Or just because? You might try advertising it comes with a high gamerscore if you have over 50k or something. Just change the email address associated with the profile.
alright cool, thanks. I'm just sick of video games right now so I figured I might as well sell it and buy something I actually feel like using...

I wanna keep my account because I might buy an xbox again someday, who knows.

I only have 17k or 18k on my account anyways.