PDA

View Full Version : My Ozzfest 2010 review

Afro Ninja
08-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I went to the Ozzfest in Tinley Park, IL yesterday at 12:00 PM. It was one hell of a concert! Sadly, we missed Kataklysm but we saw all the other bands.

First band we saw was Goatwhore, and they actually did a really good performance! We got there on time to see them do only two songs though.

Second band was Saviours. These guys were definatley one of my favorites! I just loved hearing their guitar riffs blast into my ears! Saviours truly kicked ass!

Third band was Skeletonwitch and holy shit, they kicked ass (As well)! I was happy to see that they played my favorite song by them (Crushed Beyond Dust).

Fourth was Kingdom of Sorrow. Kingdom of Sorrow is a good band but they really didn't do that good of a performance.

Fifth was Downing Pool. I'm not really into Nu-Metal but holy shit, these were fucking amazing live! They really got the crowd started, and what's even more awesome is they did a cover of Cowboys From Hell! That's right, Cowboys From fucking Hell! Their last song was what everyone there was obviously waiting for...Bodies. Take my advise and (If you have the chance) go see these guys live! They were great!

Sixth was Black Label Society. Zakk really got the crowd going with his solos! I even got some pictures of him:

And while Black Label Society was playing their song Fire It Up, they started throwing in these balls, which I also got a picture of:

Black Label did a really good performance.

Seventh was Nonpoint, which in my opinion didn't do much of a good performance. Good band though.

Eighth was DevilDriver. These guys did a really good performance! The vocalist was one badass vocalist. Although, I wish they did more songs from their album The Last Kind Words.

Ninth was a band with one of my most favorite metal singers, Halford. They did one hell of a performance! Rob's singing was amazing, and the guitarist did a really good job too! It was sort of sad though that not many people there really cared to see Halford perform. I myself enjoyed watching them perform.

Tenth was Mötley Crüe and it seemed that a lot of people came just to see Mötley perform. Out of all the bands performances, Mötley had the best stage effects! The stage effects they set up for the Crue were amazing! They really got the crowd going! Out of all instruments, the bassist was my favorite. Shout At The Devil was my favorite song that they performed, everyone was just yelling out "Shout" everytime it got to the chorus of the song. Mötley Crüe did a really good job!

And finally around 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM! The one and only...Ozzy fucking Osbourne! Before the band started, they showed (On the big screens) funny movie trailer parodies with Ozzy. Then finally, at the last movie trailer parody (Iron Man), Ozzy came out in his giant black trench coat and his huge cross necklace! Everyone was screaming with joy! Ozzy, no doubt, did the best performance! I will never forget Ozzy spraying water with a huge hose (Looked like a fire hose) on the people right in front of the stage during his songs! He would also get buckets of water and dump them on himself, then dump them on the same people. After he did Suicide Solution, Ozzy left the stage and his guitarist started doing these crazy solos! His tapping solos were quite impressive. Then it was the drummer's turn to impress the crowd. Everytime the drummer kept hitting the drums, a fog machine underneath him would start throwing fog in the air and it got so foggy that you couldn't see the stage anymore. When the fog went away, you could see the drummer high up in the air (The thing that was holding the drummer and his drumset moved up, it was pretty much like a machine). The drummer then played a long drum solo. After the drummer's amazing drum solo, Ozzy came back out and they did Paranoid. After Paranoid, Ozzy said "Well that was our last song", the band left the stage and all the lights turned off...I thought to myself "What the hell, where's Crazy Train :confused:". Everyone kept yelling out "Crazy" and after like one minute of everyone yelling out "Crazy", you could hear Ozzy laughing and then all of a sudden, the lights turned back on! And out of nowhere, the band was still there! Everyone kept screaming with joy. Ozzy then talked about this nine year old kid and everyone was like "WTF?". Then out of nowhere, the kid that Ozzy was talking about came out with a guitar (The guitar looked huge on him/her by the way). They then played Crazy Train and that kid seemed to be playing lead guitar. After Crazy Train, everyone threw the horns up in the air and screamed with joy. Ozzy, his band members, and that kid all took hands and bowed to the audience. It was amazing! Definatley a great experience! Probably the best concert I have ever been to! Ozzy is truly the man!

The songs that I can remember he did were:

Bark At The Moon
Let Me Hear You Scream
Mr. Crowley
Iron Man
Suicide Solution
Paranoid
Crazy Train
I forgot what the other three songs he did were.

Mr. Crowley was probably my favorite performance by Ozzy.

And that's my review. :) I'll also be doing a review on the American Carnage Tour concert (With Slayer, Megadeth, and Testament) that I'm going to on August, 20th.

Tussell
08-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Personally, I think that the lineup for Ozzfest was extremely weak. I was more impressed with the lineup for Warped tour than I was for Ozzfest, and that's saying something! :p

The only bands I would even spend time watching, would be Kingdom of Sorrow, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, and Exodus. However, they're not really favorites of mine, aside from Goatwhore.

Ever since Drowning Pool changed their line-up from 'Sinner' they've sucked. I mean, I understand the singer died, but is there really any need for a new singer on each CD? I think not. Would still be pretty cool to hear 'Bodies' live.

Seeing Goatwhore is something I've been wanting to do, I just don't think the festival was worth going to this year.

Burning Karma
08-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Personally, I think that the lineup for Ozzfest was extremely weak.
One of the weakest by far. I think there are only a few I want to see: Ozzy, Crüe, Halford (rather see Judas Priest), Black Label Society, Drowning Pool and Exodus. Out of 14 potential bands, 6 is a sad percentage.

Tussell
08-19-2010, 05:46 AM
One of the weakest by far. I think there are only a few I want to see: Ozzy, Crüe, Halford (rather see Judas Priest), Black Label Society, Drowning Pool and Exodus. Out of 14 potential bands, 6 is a sad percentage.
Though we really didn't name one similar band, I agree, it's definitely the weakest Ozzfest lineup I've ever seen.

Burning Karma
08-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Though we really didn't name one similar band, I agree, it's definitely the weakest Ozzfest lineup I've ever seen.
Exouds. ;)
But those are just bands I would watch, not necessairly ones I would pay money to go see.
Also, Nonpoint has absolutely no buisness main staging at Ozzfest. Zero.

Afro Ninja
08-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Exodus wasn't there. Why...where they? It would suck so bad if I missed them since they're one of my most favorite bands!

Burning Karma
08-20-2010, 03:07 AM
They're apparently in the "rotating slots" on Ozzfest.