PDA

View Full Version : Breadwinner

Entity
08-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Ok, this is my first post (or first post in a REALLY long time) so I hope I am not breaking any rules, but if I am, please just let me know and I will try my best not to do it again.

I just want to know how to get the breadwinner achievement. I do not understand the description? To I have to beat the score or the number one player in the world, or is it something else?

MILINKYO
08-18-2010, 07:53 PM
No, all you got to do a score a set amount in any level. When you start a level it shows you all the things you need to do to get rewards etc, the first level I'm guessing will be the easist. Score 160000 and the chevo will pop

bs000
08-18-2010, 09:01 PM
You should pick up any diamonds you see. They're worth quite a bit of points. Kill everything you can. Don't die, because each death takes away something like 5k.

Cymru kakashi
08-18-2010, 09:52 PM
I did it very easily on the first level without really trying, So i'd reccomend going for it asap.

EDIT: You also get more points on enemy kills if you don't get hit.

kngdavd
08-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I have scored over 160,000 for the first level with no achievement popping up even though its checked off in my objectives list. What kind of nonsense is this and does anyone know how to fix the problem as i see others getting the achievement as i should have.

Thorpe
08-19-2010, 01:17 AM
I got something like 182,000 on the first level but died once. Remember, to go in those secret rooms. Also, one room unlocks (it notifies you) once you've defeated those big enemies, which can take quite a few hits. Also, a good bonus if you don't get hurt from them.

_Nosferatu_
08-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Does the difficulty setting affect the amount of points you get?

littlejay
08-19-2010, 03:07 AM
im not sure about the difficulty. i beat the game on easy and several missions i got all 3 scores on. there are however, several things that MUST be done in co-op. i just dont see it possible with 1 person.

Tyger7
08-19-2010, 09:13 AM
im not sure about the difficulty. i beat the game on easy and several missions i got all 3 scores on. there are however, several things that MUST be done in co-op. i just dont see it possible with 1 person.

No, they made the game so you could do everything alone. That was their big focus, to make it different enough so that 1 person could enjoy the experience without needing the second person. There are a lot of ways to do things in this game!

littlejay
08-19-2010, 12:53 PM
No, they made the game so you could do everything alone. That was their big focus, to make it different enough so that 1 person could enjoy the experience without needing the second person. There are a lot of ways to do things in this game!

it is really co-op focused though. there are many ways yes, but some time challenges seem pretty crazy without the ability to split up and look for keys.

im sure it can be done, but you have fun trying :p

Thorpe
08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't say it's co-op focused. Lara Croft has always been an independent person when it comes to exploring. I'm sure Crystal Dynamics primarily wanted this as a single player game but added co-op to follow on the trend with arcade titles that have this.

bs000
08-19-2010, 02:09 PM
it is really co-op focused though. there are many ways yes, but some time challenges seem pretty crazy without the ability to split up and look for keys.

im sure it can be done, but you have fun trying :p

But in co-op you have to stay on the same screen. You can't really split up and do tasks separately unless they're in the vicinity. There's alot of other problems with trying to do time challenges co-op too.

Whenever Lara grapples to the other side of a pit, she has to grapple Totec and wait for him to climb up, instead of just continuing on like in single-player. Instead of throwing her own spears to climb, she has to wait for Totec to throw the spear, then she has to climb up, then she has to pull Totec up with the grappling hook. Having to rely on someone else to complete a stage quickly seems like more of a hindrance.

kngdavd
08-19-2010, 05:00 PM
I have scored over 160,000 for the first level with no achievement popping up even though its checked off in my objectives list. What kind of nonsense is this and does anyone know how to fix the problem as i see others getting the achievement as i should have.

If you don't get the achievement on the first playthrough then just delete the saved games and retry and it should pop up. This will help alot of people as i have seen on many forums problems with this achievement unlocking.

Puuha Pate
08-19-2010, 07:32 PM

If you download the trial game and play through the first level and after that unlock the full game you won't get any achivements you earned during the trial. At least I didn't get the collect 10 red skulls-achivement so I deleted my game save and simply started a new game - problem solved.

Gambit3rd
08-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Same issue here. No matter what, the game didn't unlock the achievement.

I fixed the problem this way:

1) MOVED saved games to a USB Stick.
2) Cleared the Cache.
3) Turned off the console.
4) Started the game and played the first level, single player. Once I reached 160.000 points the achievement unlocked!!!
5) Back to the dashboard, deleted new saved games and moved old ones back in place.

Good Luck!

PS: I don't think the problem is trial related. I didn't get a good score on my trial run.