PDA

View Full Version : Which would you consider free ?

A J
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Now that this years summer of arcade has come to a close, I ask this question to those of you that have bought all 5 of the summer of arcade games. . .
As you get a 1200msp refund for buying all 5 games which do you consider to be your free game, or the one that you least enjoyed, and why ?
Personally i choose Hydro Thunder Hurricane, i really didn't enjoy the game, the main reason being that i thought that it was too much of the same thing . . .
. . . Sorry for there being 2 topics, i forgot to put in a poll on the first one but i have requested for the other one to be deleted . . .

littlejay
08-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Limbo. platforming was ok but i like the game to have a story instead of making one up like everyone that "loved" it

Arrog
08-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I would have to say LIMBO. I loved all of these games, and all are fun. But Limbo is really the only one I can hardly see myself playing any longer. It was kind of disappointing. Good game, but the others were probably better and I played them more.

ThePumpkinKing
08-19-2010, 12:58 AM
None of them were free. And all of them were well worth the 1200 points I paid for each. My "free" game will end up being Shank.

Tyger7
08-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Now I only played the demos but out of all of them: Monday Night Combat was especially boring. Castlevania's map system was kind of different and you couldn't zoom in as much as I would like it to (and on a paused screen). Limbo was okay...but the part in the water was really annoying because the game had no tutorial on what to do! But maybe that's what makes it a puzzle platformer kind of. Hydro Thunder, the game I thought would be the worst...was actually kind of fun. I didn't buy any of those ones. I'm still debating Croft.

And remember, I haven't actually boughten and played through the game and I know how that can make a difference. But I voted on Monday Night Combat being the one I'd have gotten for free.

ThePumpkinKing
08-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Now I only played the demos but out of all of them: Monday Night Combat was especially boring. Castlevania's map system was kind of different and you couldn't zoom in as much as I would like it to (and on a paused screen). Limbo was okay...but the part in the water was really annoying because the game had no tutorial on what to do! But maybe that's what makes it a puzzle platformer kind of. Hydro Thunder, the game I thought would be the worst...was actually kind of fun. I didn't buy any of those ones. I'm still debating Croft.

And remember, I haven't actually boughten and played through the game and I know how that can make a difference. But I voted on Monday Night Combat being the one I'd have gotten for free.

Uhhhh.... Seeing that you didn't play/purchase the full version of any one of the SoA games... Your input is... less than informed. No offense intended.... But it's kinda pointless to offer your opinion when it's based solely on the trial versions. No?

Magespower
08-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Limbo would be my free one just because there is not enough there to keep me wanting to play this game again anytime soon it was cool and fun the first time but I don't want to go through that game again

Zorlac666
08-19-2010, 02:32 AM
I loved Hydro Thunder. Some of the Expert ring challenges are crazy.

I'd have to say Limbo myself. While it's fun, once I 100% it, that'll be it.

OG T UNIT
08-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Can I say both Castlevania and Hydro Thunder, although I decided that they weren't worth buying so I only got the other 3. Thank goodness for trials.

The Destroyernatorer
08-19-2010, 04:24 PM
You're putting this in the Lara thread, so I'd expect bias.

I bought 3 of them (This, Limbo and MNC). I played the demos for the other two. Hydro thunder was awful, imo. The controls were sluggish and there was no sense of speed.

I was super disappointed with Castlevania. It was my most anticipated of the 5, but it was impossible to play solo. And the timer was stupid. Really wasted potential.

Limbo was really good, although I didn't enjoy it as much as the critics seemed to. And it was criminally short. Lara is good so far. I can imagine the co-op to be really good too -- I can't wait for them to add online. MNC takes the cake though. The most fun and the most value for money, I think.

All in all, it was a good lineup. I kind of wish the two arcade games I bought prior to the summer of arcade (Monkey island 2, DeathSpank) were included in place of Hydro thunder and castlevania though, because they were excellent. Both of them were on par with anything the SOA had to offer.

And yes, thank God for trials :D

kngdavd
08-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Okay so i am not bashing this game as all of the summer of arcade games were good this year even though last years were overall better but i just wonder why so many reviewers gave it game of the month. Yes the gameplay is new and refreshing but it is so short that i couldn't see myself playing it more than twice and that second time will be to get the rest of achievements, as opposed to having fun.

Army of 88
08-20-2010, 05:49 PM
i would say Castlevania.
also when do you get the 1200 ms back for buying all the games.

Leone Phelps
08-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Loved Limbo, loved Hydro Thunder, loved MNC the most, loving Lara Croft, don't like Castlevania, only reason I bought it was because it was free lol

eNeMy iNfEcTeD
08-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Well, I'm going to disagree with a lot of people here.

Limbo yes was very short and a one time play-through, besides the achievements, but it was still very well made and well worth the $15. It was beautifully designed and there is a story, just not deep, it leaves it vague enough for everyone to decide for themselves just what is going on.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane, never having played the original, was in my opinion insanely fun and addicting. Some of the challenges were hard but that is what makes you keep going back and playing them.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair is by far my favorite... Everyone complains about SP though, but I've played both SP and MP and I personally think SP is better... You can get everything in SP that you can get in MP besides maybe one or two chests here or there, as long as you know what you are doing.

Monday Night Combat is my vote for least favorite due to that it only had 2 modes. Blitz and Crossfire. Blitz is fun the first time through each one, Scramble being the best, so there goes that... One time for blitz's. Crossfire is the same maps over and OVER again, and some of the classes aren't as good as they could be. Yes the game is still incredibly fun, they all are, but out of them all this is my least favorite.

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light has a few glitches here and there that really want to make you die, and no Live available, but still.. Amazing gameplay, kind of ok story I guess.. and the puzzles were good for all ages. Plus free DLC in repayment for the Live issue is nice :P

Again these are my own personal opinions and I don't expect anyone to agree 100% with any of these points.