PDA

View Full Version : so when does the story for 2 take place

ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com
08-19-2010, 01:40 AM
saw an impressive trailer for this game wondering when the story takes place. is it in a different part of the world, before the first, during the first, or after the first game. if anyone has any info please share. i love dragon age and so far all there dlc has been pretty good.

The Pants Party
08-19-2010, 01:57 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dragon-age-2/overview/

You'll find everything you need to know about the game linked there. One of the articles mentions that the hero you play as in this is an escapist of the Blight, so it is a true sequel taking place after the first game, and the game's narrative will cover a 10-year span of time.

Lord Montymort
08-21-2010, 06:04 PM
saw an impressive trailer for this game wondering when the story takes place. is it in a different part of the world, before the first, during the first, or after the first game. if anyone has any info please share. i love dragon age and so far all there dlc has been pretty good.

The game take place over 10 years starting with Hawke escaping the destruction of Lothering in the original game, and fleeing to the city of Kirkwall located in the Free Marches, far north of Fereldan.

Owellyn
08-23-2010, 11:09 AM
That the idea of a 10 year spanning campaign is great, and to see the destruction of lothering just after your Warden left will be good.
Just heard that you can import your character into it, not the actual character, but Hawkes world will be changed by the decisions you made in the original game :)

Opiate42
08-24-2010, 05:15 PM
That the idea of a 10 year spanning campaign is great, and to see the destruction of lothering just after your Warden left will be good.
Just heard that you can import your character into it, not the actual character, but Hawkes world will be changed by the decisions you made in the original game :)

That would be cool. After their game importing experiments with the Mass Effect series I think Bioware has a good handle on how to do that :woop:

Just finished my first run of DA:O and early on I wanted to go back to Lothering when I realized there was some small side quests I hadn't finished and a gift for Leliana I missed...only to find it overun with a skull and crossbones on the map. :( Was always curious about how that went.