PDA

View Full Version : n00bish control question

WolfgangDZ
08-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Ok so I am trying to get the sacks achievement, and I have turned off offsides. I stand behind the quarter back with my player but I am unsure what to pre4ss to tackle him as he just runs off

bLaKgRaVy
08-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok so I am trying to get the sacks achievement, and I have turned off offsides. I stand behind the quarter back with my player but I am unsure what to pre4ss to tackle him as he just runs off

Which defensive player are you using to sack him? Anyway, stand about 2 yards and to the right of the QB and when he snaps the ball, just run into him. You don't have to press any buttons. If you stand too close to him, he's going to scramble forward to get yardage, so stand a couple yards behind him.

WolfgangDZ
08-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Brown for the Saints. I have managed to get it right a couple of times but sometimes it comes up as a tackle and not a sack...what is the difference?

bLaKgRaVy
08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
According to Wikipedia:

"To be considered a sack the quarterback must intend to throw a forward pass. If the play is designed for the quarterback to rush the ball, any loss is subtracted from the quarterback's rushing total. If the quarterback's intent is not obvious statisticians use certain criteria, such as the offensive line blocking scheme, to decide. Other unique situations where a loss reduces a quarterback's rushing total (not a sack) are "kneel downs" (used to run time off the game clock), and aborted plays, such as a fumbled snap that the quarterback falls on to maintain possession.

In the NFL, it is possible to record a sack for zero yards. The QB must pass the statistical line of scrimmage to avoid the sack. A sack is also credited when a defender causes the quarterback to fumble behind or at the line of scrimmage. "

So, if he's in the middle of running somewhere, it'll be considered a tackle. If he is set to throw, then it's a sack. He can be out of the pocket and still be sacked, if he's set to throw the ball. If he's out of the pocket and running towards the sidelines, say, it's a tackle. If he passes the line of scrimmage, it's a tackle.

TREVORr_35
08-19-2010, 07:51 PM
stand behind him, when he snaps the ball run to him, boom he gets tackled. you don't have to push any buttons to tackle someone unless you're trying to hit stick them.

WolfgangDZ
08-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys, I managed to do it with your help! I got 11 in one game with the one player! :)