PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Gate in 10 minutes

Thorpe
08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
This surely must have to be done in co-op (since you won't need to collect as many balls, since one character per pressure plate will work). You have to make it all the way to the final point of the level past the trap course too.

Has anyone been able to do this on their own yet? I am referring to the challenge in the level with several balls to find and push down onto the ground. If you do it on your own, you have to go get one extra ball adding on more time. :confused:

Jabdo79
08-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Yea it's possible on your own, it definitely helps if you have some of the later guns, relics and artifacts.

-Know the route perfectly

-If there are enemies around the ball you are trying to get you are better off disposing of them first.

-You can roll past the first big ogre (appears on the left of the screen, in front of ladders, rolls past him onto the ladders and go down, he won't follow)

-Push the following ball off the edge instead of rolling it down the stairs

-Dispose of all enemies until the music stops, at that point the gate to go back up is open

-You can use a grenade launcher to easily dispose of the arrows, or if you aren't against taking a little damage just roll through and plant a mine once you are past them

-Once you push off the ball on the pedestal roll it out the door then go back and roll the ball on the switch out the door, if you're lucky the ogre shouldn't bother you, then roll each down the tube.

-Note: You do not have to get the last ball, you can simply step on the last switch yourself and save a bunch of time!

-On your way back down dispose of the two ogres on the stairs, if they follow you down their explosion can roll the boulders

-Place the boulders on the switches, step on the last one and proceed with the last part

I got stepped on the last switch with around 8:13 on the clock, that was including getting the last boulder, found out the trick afterward, but with 8:13 and rolling thru most of the trap hall i was able to get 9:30 so you should easily get it with the trick. Good luck! This one was a pain for me!

Edit: Just tried again and got 8:21 with 1 death where the tiles fall, this time i didn't get the last ball. So you should have plenty of time now.

Skyldig
08-21-2010, 01:26 PM
-Once you push off the ball on the pedestal roll it out the door then go back and roll the ball on the switch out the door, if you're lucky the ogre shouldn't bother you, then roll each down the tube.

You don't need to put them in the tube. If you just roll them over the edge they will drop all the way down and you won't have to do the balance thing.

Jabdo79
08-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Nice, i was wondering where they'd go if that happened, after i got the challenge i lost the desire to find out, ha, good to know though.

martTM
08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I managed to get the gate open in 7:22, and that was with using the balance pad to drop three balls down the hole - that made clearing the trap hall a piece of cake (especially if you manage to do it in one run). My tips to add to the ones above:

Roll EVERYWHERE (obvious really, since it's faster)
Only place you have to kill enemies is in the main switch chamber; once to open the gates after getting the third ball, once at the end before opening the gate.
First ball: jump onto the pedestal, place a bomb on the bottom-right edge, drop down, shoot switch, move ball, get on top of ball, shoot switch, jump off before pedestal reaches top, detonate bomb.
The ball NOT to get is the one high up on the pillar where you need another ball to raise a nearby platform... takes too long.

Not hard at all really, once you know the route.

Thorpe
08-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Nice, i was wondering where they'd go if that happened, after i got the challenge i lost the desire to find out, ha, good to know though.

Yeah, I didn't know they went straight down to where they were meant to go that way. Doing this certainly saves a bit of time.

Exu
08-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Personally I found it easier to bring down the ball from the pillar that you use the other ball to get. I found it faster than going north to the other ball and across the spikes then taking it to the pipe and rolling it in the cage.

When you get the ball from the pillar, instead of using the pipe leading to the cage you can simply throw them off the gap next to it and they'll fall directly to the door area.

Also, when returning to the door after you've dropped your balls I suggest taking the west path. You don't get any enemies spawning that way.