PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy this game

Hazard462
04-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Its too hard.

Shaaady Souljah
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM
thanks for the insightful post. :p

the game has a large learning curve, but if you get over it the game is quite easy and pretty fun. i would sugeest a rent of it though as well...

Fonkey Monkey
04-27-2007, 10:56 PM
yea this game is a piece of shit.

DFILL450
05-01-2007, 09:58 PM
yea i hated this game...i thought fight for ny was so much better...theres no blazin moves in this game..thats wat made the last game so special...it was also really short i beat it in 2 days..yea this game was crap

LukeP91
05-06-2007, 08:34 PM
i cant believe you guys think this game is crap?!?! personally i think that this is one of the best games on the 360, with a fair amount of easy achievements and ones that aren't too hard to complete!

nawtbird
05-07-2007, 02:26 AM
only a rental and barley that.....i feel bad for anyone that has paid full price for this game...sorry if you dont agree but this game is crap

xI aFt3rMaTH Ix
05-14-2007, 04:42 AM
Yeah, this game is a piece of shit.

WildManWiles01
05-14-2007, 12:29 PM
I am one of the lucky ones who paid Full price for this as soon as it came out... expecting it to be a badass game.... I was way wrong.

Although I will tell you I have not spent very much time playing this game. But playing it for only a little bit and getting my ass kicked was not cool. Plus I bought this game and GRAW 2 at the same time... So it was easy to put GRAW2 back in the 360.

JSMOKA22
05-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Its preety funny that the only reason that any of u dont like is cause u cant learn it. You know I always thought that was part of gaming.

Shaaady Souljah
05-27-2007, 06:46 AM
Its preety funny that the only reason that any of u dont like is cause u cant learn it. You know I always thought that was part of gaming.

part of the problem is people not taking the time to learn how to play it, and part of the problem is how different this game is from the last Def Jam. i thought the last one was amazing, and this did not even partially live up to the name...

but i agree. once i learned how to win at the game, i liked it a hell of a lot more. but i still say RENT IT. don't spend $50+ on it... wait for a large price drop.

angry
05-27-2007, 03:13 PM
After looking at the resoponses i am glad that i did not buy the game now as i was going to get it after bank holiday monday. Ty for the info. :)

xTHSx Rascal
05-31-2007, 04:58 PM
This is one of the best game's for the 360 out good music good fighting game story mode is realy fun but short its not that hard if you learn to block but if you cant block don't bother going online to ranked i always got bummed good when your good at it.

Wandering Proof
06-01-2007, 05:08 PM

I'm getting this today with my GF and it was interesting to read this thread. I agree purely based on all the reviews I have read about the gaming system and some testimonials from friends who have played it.

Commenting on your quote though I heard that actually the biggest issue is since a different studio made this version (the people who did Fight Night 3) they changed the fighting system, on a game that i would apply the "If it isn't broke don't fix it" tag to. On top of that they didn't include any form of tutorial to teach you how to actually USE the new system. So people who come into it expecting at least a similar style of game play are a little blind sided.

gatorbait
06-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Well noticing this game isn't well liked but just got it on ebay for $21.86 and wondering if it's worth if after that. Wasn't looking to get this game but just put in a decent bid to not pay too much and ended up winning. Played demo and read reviews and they said the fighting was a lot simpler then past games and other fighting games. So even with a simpler fighting style what makes this game so hard and will it be that difficult to beat it on hard???

Divian BE
06-02-2007, 03:45 PM
yea i hated this game...i thought fight for ny was so much better...theres no blazin moves in this game..thats wat made the last game so special...it was also really short i beat it in 2 days..yea this game was crap
I hated the demo. While playing through the game I kinda liked (started on hard). It has some strange moves if you keep comparing it to fight for NY.

Still it's not a bad game. I just hate the online achievements. I suck on that part... :mad:

miiiguel
06-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm really really sorry to see people misjudging the Achievements systems. Seeking for girlish-easy-a-like games just for Achievements ? That's really lame.
I love collecting Achievments, but I wont not buy a game because "it's hard and I can't do the Achievements" - why do you play games then? If you don't want to learn/practice - watch a movie instead.
This game requires some skill, mainly while doing BMF.

miiiguel
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Its too hard.
I'm really really sorry to see people misjudging the Achievements systems. Seeking for girlish-easy-a-like games just for Achievements ? That's really lame.
I love collecting Achievments, but I wont not buy a game because "it's hard and I can't do the Achievements" - why do you play games then? If you don't want to learn/practice - watch a movie instead.
This game requires some skill, mainly while doing BMF.

HeLLa RaW SHOT
09-22-2007, 12:12 PM
this game isnt to hard untill you try to beat it on hard.

Shizelbs
09-26-2007, 01:44 AM

I think its okay. I have a lot of fun playing against one of my friends. The music sounds great on my home theater. I like how you can also play songs from your own collection and they will be interactive as well.

Rewmac
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm trying to tell myself that this is a good game and I'm trying to enjoy it but I can't. If not for the achievemnts I would have sold it already.

MEGAJAMZ
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
ididnt think it was tooo bad
but i was expecting alot after playing fight for ny that game was so awesome :D

Rewmac
10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Exactly. It was. I expected much more. I just hate that I suck in MP games and I suck at hard difficulity. I like the other stuff :D

killlah631
10-13-2007, 12:39 AM
The multiplayer does suck...but the single player isn't too bad...It is decent compared to the other Def Jam games, I think.

Barakar
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I've just rented this game for the past few days, and i got to say it isn't a spot on Vendetta or Fight For NY. Sure the story is alot better. but the rest, well i felt it was kinda a let down. Punch kick and grab, not so great moves, not enough variety, so most match tend to go the same way. I just got bored so quickly, but with the others, i played them for years, and still found them fun. But yeah worth a rent but definately not a buy.

L4mbo93
11-24-2007, 11:11 PM
ive goten pretty good at the game and sincei own the game alredy thers no use 4 ur advice

ClutchPapi34
11-26-2007, 01:15 AM
yea this game is a piece of shit.

Yea, I played the demo and it sucked. Not worth $60. There are better fighting games out there.

killlah631
11-26-2007, 03:14 AM
It isn't worth 60$ but I would say it is definitely worth a rental. (Personally) The achievements are pretty much easy, although BMF does require some patience, time, and skill. I own it but then again I own too many damn games to count, but if you are good then it is definitely worth at least a rental for the achievements.

Halcatraz
11-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I bought it from Best Buy for $14.99 on Black Friday. Also picked up GRAW2 for $20 and Gun for $5.

I had heard mixed reviews about it, but saw it got decent ratings so I thought I would try it out.

it's not too bad at all. There is a learning curve, but once you get a hang, its a pretty good game. Not very deep, but fun to play. I actually like the MP online too. (Though I am still getting a hang and Im not really good yet!)

Tyrone70
03-27-2008, 01:16 AM
this game should/could have been better. i saw a preview in the magazine about it while it was still in development. one of the things they highlighted was the possibility of changing environments in the middle of a fight, like in Dead or Alive. i guess that didn't make it through. also, they put WAAAAAAY too much emphasize on the Right Analog stick. reversing grabs is almost impossible on hard mode. and no blazing moves?:wtf
Fight for New York's gameplay was alot better than this one. the controls felt more precise, there were alot more clothing options and better tattoos (which is weird) and earning trophies felt more fulfilling than most of the achievements in Icon. only ways icon surpass Fight for New York is they made music a bigger part of the game, graphics (they'd better or else:uzi:), and base character creation, if you're trying to make a black guy though. had this been the first game in the series, i wouldn't be so pissed about it, but damn this is just as painful as trying to get achievements for Sonic the Hedgehog.

BigEasy
03-27-2008, 05:03 AM
I don't really like it either, and don't gimme that learning curve crap, it's a lot like Fight Night and that game is a hell of a lot more fun than this garbage.

DreadfulCorpse
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I got it today, and I don't think it's that bad or hard, sure I'm still learning but don't think it's hard and if you think it's hard, it's not the games fault it's yours.

peterk
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Got it at Target yesterday for $7.48 on clearance... or it would have been, if the cashier had scanned it. Maybe she was too distracted by the rubbers and cookies I was picking up at the same time.

I'm not actually -good- at the game but I am enjoying it quite a bit. It's worth at least double the $0.00 I ended up having to spend on it.

Toby9982
05-12-2008, 07:06 AM
:wtf This is not a bad game at all :mad:

Paid In Full707
08-29-2008, 07:02 AM
this game is crap...

I Crush All
08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
this game is crap...

Nah I hated this game at the start but by the time I got good at the directional attacks I actually think the game was pretty decent. I wish I had time for more online play.

BumpyJB
03-09-2009, 01:51 AM
This game is cool but thats all. Try creating your own player and fighting style.

Actiionz
03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
this game use to be hot back when it first came out in early 2007 but now its not even worth playing.... but the achievements are not that hard cause i have 1000 in it.. all you have to do is get the hang of the controls and the rest should be easy.

EOU Findub
03-09-2009, 09:23 PM
all you have to do is get the hang of the controls and the rest should be easy.

Kind of like any game ever created? :p

Frozenghost001
05-11-2009, 12:21 AM
i tried it on hard my first run through, took me almost 2 months to beat it! lol.

A 2rue boofer
06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
are the online achievements still unlockable

GUNSANDBUTTA
06-22-2009, 11:29 PM
This game was such a disappointing game I wayed years to be let down man that sucks def jam fight for NY was one of my all time favorite games and then this shit came out and killed my dream

HamsterLV
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
This is not a game I say I enjoy! After all easy cheeves are unlocked and only bulls*** cheeves left, like complete Build A Lable on HARD I pretty much hate this game!

plebeianprint
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
I can tell that with a lot of replies like, "this game is crap" as the sole reason why they think this game is no good, I know that most of the posters don't care to hear a decent argument about this game, but I'm going to anyway, as I just picked it up, and I'm enjoying it.

Played Vendetta and FFNY, and I think that we can all admit that FFNY was a great game; topping it would have been very, very difficult. Yes, the online achievements are uncreative and tiresome.

However:
The developers of this game took the two components that are core to the Def Jam games: the music and the fighting, and they put a marvelously interesting spin on it. Environmental hazards that activate with the beat of the music! Remixing that music to change songs and activate the hazards! Spinning the analog sticks as though a turntable is so amazingly progressive!

Yes, the game is hard. Yes, it is not as good as DJFFNY. The learning curve is steep and sometimes the camera is difficult, but there are amazing themes and ideas here, and it will be a shame if this is the last that we see of them.