PDA

View Full Version : Reach the exit in 10:00 or less in the Forgotten Gate

AceHii
08-20-2010, 01:02 AM
I've tried a few dozen times, and still can not do it. Does any one know of a video, or maybe some tips on how to get to the end in under 10 mins? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

IC3 L3G3ND
08-20-2010, 01:34 AM
I suck at this game mate, took me nearly 2 hrs first go as i got totally confused and stuck, anyways i think this one will be easier in coop providing you can separate when it gets added on September the 28th

Jericho Cross X
08-20-2010, 02:04 AM
It is not very difficult, after two attempts I managed to finish the level in 9:33 I think (obviously only) the only advice I can give is to learn the level perfectly, and especially try to avoid enemies in areas where There are balls, you better leave this alone, so if you take the ball and you should kill them on the go at once, the important thing is to know well the level is a little 'practice can be done.

Tyger7
08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm planning on releasing videos for all time trials associated with the levels. I just happen to have this one complete and recorded. The below video has me finished at 9:19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffENrbDWcb0

Thorpe
08-20-2010, 10:25 AM
This is one of those levels where it would be MUCH easier on co-op. Since, you can save yourself time by skipping two balls with co-op (you can skip one on your own). Since there will be both of you, that would mean you can stand on the pressure plates that don't have balls, right?

I've not dived into co-op yet, though.

Tyger7
08-20-2010, 11:24 AM
This is one of those levels where it would be MUCH easier on co-op. Since, you can save yourself time by skipping two balls with co-op (you can skip one on your own). Since there will be both of you, that would mean you can stand on the pressure plates that don't have balls, right?

I've not dived into co-op yet, though.

I really don't think it'd be that much faster/easier. Remember, Lara can do everything by herself as long as she has the spear. I don't think you can really split up much. I would imagine you have to stay within the same screen, like the cooperative using the same Xbox. Splitting up would just cause a few problems because Lara needs to jump on the spear a good amount. Watch the video and pretend Lara can't use the spear, and instead she has to have a second person following her. See those ledges she has to get onto? Now she would also have to pull up the second player. I don't think they can split up for the reason of people getting stuck without their partner around. I'm sure there are a few spots in the game that would cause issue with people on completely different sides of the level. If someone died, would they spawn all the way on the other side of the map? I think it was easier for the programmers to make you two on a leash. I might be wrong, but I haven't read into it as much as some people.

El1t3M4st3r GR
08-20-2010, 11:34 AM
The only tip i know is that you can skip one ball so just leave the hardest ball to get where it is and just stand on the last plate on your own.

Hawaiian
08-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I have tried it today, too, and after 4 or 5 tries I managed to do it. The video is good but you can skip much more enemies. Just press X and they won't hit you so easily anymore and after reaching the next checkpoint many enemies will simply disappear / get stuck behind a gate. Fighting enemies takes a lot of time. You can roll the ball into some enemies which makes it easier for you. I skipped nearly all enemies apart from those waiting for you in front of the gate.

Another strange thing happenend to me: In one of my playthroughs I was able to pass the gate though 2 balls were missing. The gate was only locked in the middle with two spikes in the end and by jumping on a switch with Lara one spike disappeared and though there was another spike left in the middle I was able to pass the gate. Perhaps this was a glitch?

AceHii
08-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all the help, I got it after 5 more tries. I think Co-op would be hard cause like you said, you have to stick together. I really wish they would have dropped the ball and left out the online, cause as sad as it sounds I have no one to couch play with. My wife is a WoW player, not a good console player.

Thanks again for your help

Thorpe
08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
I have tried it today, too, and after 4 or 5 tries I managed to do it. The video is good but you can skip much more enemies. Just press X and they won't hit you so easily anymore and after reaching the next checkpoint many enemies will simply disappear / get stuck behind a gate. Fighting enemies takes a lot of time. You can roll the ball into some enemies which makes it easier for you. I skipped nearly all enemies apart from those waiting for you in front of the gate.

Another strange thing happenend to me: In one of my playthroughs I was able to pass the gate though 2 balls were missing. The gate was only locked in the middle with two spikes in the end and by jumping on a switch with Lara one spike disappeared and though there was another spike left in the middle I was able to pass the gate. Perhaps this was a glitch?

Strange. Maybe some enemies were standing on them?

bs000
08-20-2010, 06:43 PM
I got 10:12 on my second attempt. I didn't know you could skip a ball by standing on the switch. Probably would've helped. I did eventually manage to get under 10 minutes getting them all anyway. For most of the time challenges, the best thing to do is roll constantly and, ignore as many enemies as possible.

There's a level later on that's similar to this one, where you have to get 6 balls. They give you 15 minutes for some reason, but you can do it in well under that.