PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Character List Is In!

TG Wolf
08-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Well the confirmed character list has been announced:

Leaf Ninja

Naruto Uzumaki (Normal, Sage Naruto, 4-Tail Naruto)
Kakashi Hatake
Sakura Haruno
Sai
Yamato
Tsunade
Jiraiya (Normal, Sage Jiraiya)
Asuma Sarutobi
Shikamaru Nara
Choji Akimichi
Ino Yamanaka
Kiba Inuzuka
Hinata Hyuga
Shino Aburame
Guy
Neji Hyuga
Rock Lee
Tenten
Minato Namikaze
Team Hawk/Hebi
Sasuke Uchiha (Normal, Team Hawk, Akatsuki)
Karin
Suigetsu
Jugo
Sand Ninja
Gaara
Chiyo
Temari
Kankuro
Akatsuki
Sasori
Deidara
Hidan
Kakuzu
Pain (all 6 Paths of Pain)
Konan
Itachi Uchiha
Kisame Hoshigaki
Tobi
Other Characters
Lars Alexandersson
Orochimaru
Kabuto Yakushi
Killer Bee (Normal, 8-Tails)

Characters with multiple forms will occupy the same character slot. However this only accounts for 40 characters and as the screen below shows there are 42 character slots. So who do you think the 2 unknown characters are?
http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/535/Character-Select-Screen.jpg (http://images.saiyanisland.com/showphoto.php?photo=6950)

TG Wolf
08-20-2010, 03:05 AM
While there are multiple possibilities, Tobi/Madara (Tobi Confirmed), Zetsu and Konohamaru are as good as any.

Snipe Mercenary
08-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Cant wait for this huge fan of the series and think its about time they got Asuma in there :D

Remmetje
08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Nice find mate! I'm surely hoping for Tobi/Madara but while his abilities are still unknown in the anime I kinda doubt this.

KeyOfDarkness
08-20-2010, 09:58 AM
While there are multiple possibilities, Tobi/Madara, Zetsu and Konohamaru are as good as any.

This seems about right as it was announced somwhere that all of akatsuki would be in the game as playable fighters so that's almost a positive yes.
As for konohamaru i can't see him in the game but obviously there's a chance he could be.

Nice find mate! I'm surely hoping for Tobi/Madara but while his abilities are still unknown in the anime I kinda doubt this.

Well "tobi" could easily be in the game, just have a range of idiotic attacks and jutsu, i believe he's already been in one game and he was very comedic in it. But by the time pain/pein attacks the village we've already learnt that tobi = madara, so i'm not sure which way they'll go.

Juandi007
08-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I know its not gonna happen but......... fingers crossed for Haku and Zabuza!!!! :D

UK Dennis
08-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Zetsu has not faught anyone yet (as far as i know). So i doubt that we will see him as a playable character.
We will most likely play as Tobi, not Madara.
Konohamaru is a good bet, considering his new jutsu :p (the one he used against Pain)
I wouldnt be suprised to see Zabuza or Haku, since most people love them. We already know that there is a character that isnt in the story (Lars), so whats to stop them from choosing Zabuza or Haku?

Remmetje
08-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Why fingers crossed? You know they aren't in Shippuuden and since it is a Shippuuden you won't be able to see them (apart from Lars, whois the only outsider).

It would be cool if the first Hokage and Madara were at least one of those three. I know nothing about Zetsu (I don't read the manga, just japanese anime) so I can't say anything about him. But having those three in would be the greatest.

ReverendSID
08-20-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm almost positive that Tobi is one of the other 3. Konohamaru wouldn't surprise me either. I'd kinda like to see Raikage as the third myself. I know the anime won't reach it for a few more weeks at least, but we've seen his abilities in the manga, so maybe. There's also a chance that the 3rd will be Kurenai, since she's the only one of the main kid's Jounin's that isn't listed there. Even though she's never actually fought in Shippuuden, there's a chance they'll toss her in just cause like they did on the last PSP game.

Remmetje
08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
There are numerous movies popping up from Gamescom on youtube. Here are a few:

13 min gameplay (bad quality): YouTube- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Gamescom Gameplays
Hinata vs Naruto: YouTube- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 GamesCom Gameplay Hinata Vs Nartuo
Sasuke vs Gaara: YouTube- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: Gamescom Gameplay (Sasuke Vs Gaara)
Images released during Gamescom (1): YouTube- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: Gamescom New Images (720p)
Images released during Gamescom (2):YouTube- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: Gamescom New Images (Updated)

Takamura Bear
08-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I saw a simmilar post on the Gamespot forums, then I realised it was created by TG Wolf lol.

So there's still no confirmation of 6-Tails? Bummer. :(

Oh and I think the other character left is Tobi/Madara.

SuddenJonatan
08-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Haha. Lars will be awsome

Oogie Boogie
08-22-2010, 02:21 AM
So where is the source for this?

TG Wolf
08-22-2010, 10:22 AM
So where is the source for this?

Here you go:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/08/42-playable-characters-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/

Currently 39 characters have been confirmed (http://www.saiyanisland.com/games/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/characters/). Who are the other three? While it is not confirmed, we would bank on Tobi/Madara and Konohamaru to be number 40 and 41. But as for the 42nd character, well, looks like only time will tell!

Click on the link in the above quote either here or on the site itself under the screenshot to go to the character list.

Oogie Boogie
08-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Here you go:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/08/42-playable-characters-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/

Currently 39 characters have been confirmed (http://www.saiyanisland.com/games/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/characters/). Who are the other three? While it is not confirmed, we would bank on Tobi/Madara and Konohamaru to be number 40 and 41. But as for the 42nd character, well, looks like only time will tell!

Click on the link in the above quote either here or on the site itself under the screenshot to go to the character list.

Thanks!, i needed the source so that someone would shut up about the list..

Density Jo
08-23-2010, 11:07 AM
While there are multiple possibilities, Tobi/Madara, Zetsu and Konohamaru are as good as any.

sometimes i'm thinking konohamaru is gonna be there

TG Wolf
08-24-2010, 07:00 AM
I saw a simmilar post on the Gamespot forums, then I realised it was created by TG Wolf lol.

Yeah I get around alot, I can be found on almost all the major gaming forums.
*sneakily performs a Shadow Clone Jutsu*

So there's still no confirmation of 6-Tails? Bummer. :(

While nothing has been confirmed regarding this, several screenshots show 4TK Naruto with his Awakening unused which raises the possibility that 4TK can Awakening further, possibly into 6TK.
Also no one yet knows what Sage Naruto's Awakening is so.... 8TK Naruto anyone? xD

Density Jo
08-24-2010, 08:53 AM
sage naruto's awakening...hmmm.....the only thing i have in mine is if he goes to "frox" mode, maybe

chickenhead87
08-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I would like the 3 hiddens to be tobi/madarame, hashirama senju/first hokage and i suppose and danzou, maybe get the first 2 but danzou fights just after the pain vs naruto fight so if thats where the game goes up to not gonna get that. But i would expect at least 7 tail naruto as at the end of gamescom trailer shows pain speaking to naruto when narutos in sage form and during the fight with pain he has 7 tails and ends up with 9.

ReverendSID
08-24-2010, 09:27 PM
I would like the 3 hiddens to be tobi/madarame, hashirama senju/first hokage and i suppose and danzou, maybe get the first 2 but danzou fights just after the pain vs naruto fight so if thats where the game goes up to not gonna get that. But i would expect at least 7 tail naruto as at the end of gamescom trailer shows pain speaking to naruto when narutos in sage form and during the fight with pain he has 7 tails and ends up with 9.

I'm sure the 8 tails Naruto will be IN the game, I just doubt he'll be playable. It'll be a cut-scene during the Pain fight in story mode, maybe some button commands, but I would be astonished if they actually let you play in that mode. Especially since he didn't DO anything when he was 8 tails turning 9, he just stood there screaming and had a conversation with his dad in his inner world. 6 tails might be playable as an awakening for 4 tails since he did do some fighting in that form. But it strikes me that that would be really unfair. :)

Density Jo
08-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm sure the 8 tails Naruto will be IN the game, I just doubt he'll be playable. It'll be a cut-scene during the Pain fight in story mode, maybe some button commands, but I would be astonished if they actually let you play in that mode. Especially since he didn't DO anything when he was 8 tails turning 9, he just stood there screaming and had a conversation with his dad in his inner world. 6 tails might be playable as an awakening for 4 tails since he did do some fighting in that form. But it strikes me that that would be really unfair. :)

u might be right, but i think 8 tails will be in a cinematic cutscene when u have to press some buttons (button commands...or whatever it's called) to break free from pain's Chibaku Tensei but i'm not sure he'll be playable

UK Dennis
08-24-2010, 11:12 PM

I hadnt thought of Danzou, it really depends on where the story mode ends. Im still supporting my theory that it will end when Madara reveals his 'Moon Eye' plan. However (major Spoilers):

If it does lead up to the Sasuke vs Danzou fight, this fight could be just before Madara reveals his plan. Although i highly doubt it, since im unsure when it happened. Then Danzou is a candidate for a playable character. Since he shows of his moves, even though they are kinda stupid :p

MADasaHatter
08-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I hadnt thought of Danzou, it really depends on where the story mode ends. Im still supporting my theory that it will end when Madara reveals his 'Moon Eye' plan. However (major Spoilers):

If it does lead up to the Sasuke vs Danzou fight, this fight could be just before Madara reveals his plan. Although i highly doubt it, since im unsure when it happened. Then Danzou is a candidate for a playable character. Since he shows of his moves, even though they are kinda stupid :p

Danzou I think is too far off. I hope it doesn't go that far. Save it for UNS 3 so that the roster can be bumped up by the 10+ new nin that show up for the new arc. :woop:

chickenhead87
08-25-2010, 10:32 AM
I would like naruto to go 7 tails cos the 8 and 9 didnt do much but stuck in a massive rock roaring but when he was 7 tails going skitzo on pain in the water and pain went flying when his almighty push didnt do shit that was awesome. But not much has been said about whats covered in the game i hope all the fights are gonna be covered not just the big ones like id like to do kankarou vs sasori, suigetsu vs kisame, team kakashi vs itachi and team gai vs kisame etc although not the longest fights still awesome.
Heres hoping
Madarame
The first
Danzou or Raikage likely to be stupid diaper kid konohamaru though.

Oogie Boogie
08-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't know if anyone scene this but it shows of some of sasuke and Kankuro moves.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-naruto-shippuden/703477

MADasaHatter
08-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Don't know if anyone scene this but it shows of some of sasuke and Kankuro moves.

Kankuro's distance is kind of weird with the puppets hanging there. Unless the person playing didn't know how to play, the combos he shows are uninteresting. The only thing he had going for him was the last puppet (which I remember being a defensive puppet).

I really dig how Sasuke forms chakra. One hand in a seal, the other on the his sword handle.

SaintKnight
08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Tobi would be fun, I guess, although I could see it now if they added his teleportations in it would be frustrating as hell...

Konohamaru is almost a guarantee but I would love to see the Raikage. His showcase of fighting moves is after Pain's battle so maybe they could possibly squeeze it in. Crossing my fingers, cuz that would be fun to play.

Takamura Bear
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Apparently, the latest issue of Shonen Jump had a page on this game and they had a circle ring around Anko. Whatever that could mean remains to be seen.

As for 8-Tails, even if he is in the game, I doubt it will be anything more than an interactive cutscene. Even if it is, will it be pressing the buttons to stop Naruto from tearing the seal off and going 9-Tails, or will it be Pain using his catastrophic planetary construction techique on the Fox? Probably none of this lol.

Also, I guarantee that Danzou/Danzo will not be in this game, not until the next one with all his funky moves. Hopefully the next game will also have Kisame transformed state. *wink wink*

Density Jo
08-26-2010, 09:18 AM

hmm.....i think that video is pretty good, but if anyone use kankuro online, i'm going to beat them (kankuro has a really strange distance, it could be easily for me to pass the puppets and start attacking kankuro like sasuke did)

Remmetje
08-26-2010, 09:53 AM
It still could be that noone really knows how to play as Kankuro and thus making him an easy opponent. But it also seems his puppets are kinda slow and are easily avoided. All in all he seems to be a rather weak character at the moment. His awakening on the other hand is massive and strong, but you can only activate that at a certain moment during the game which is not the best thing to rely on :)

Chaos MAN
08-26-2010, 12:14 PM
I am hoping that they put in Madara. Not the current Madara that's in the present but the one in the past. You know when he had his full power with that kick ass black hair.

TG Wolf
08-27-2010, 01:39 AM
It still could be that noone really knows how to play as Kankuro and thus making him an easy opponent. But it also seems his puppets are kinda slow and are easily avoided. All in all he seems to be a rather weak character at the moment. His awakening on the other hand is massive and strong, but you can only activate that at a certain moment during the game which is not the best thing to rely on :)

Kankuro has always been the character with the highest learning curve but he is by no means weak. In fact he is insanely strong because any attack that hits his puppets is automatically blocked and canceled. My brother spent a year learning to use Kankuro and now I haven't seen a single opponent damage him in over hundreds of fights.

hydrosugar
08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
im not complaining but what the hell is lars doing in this game. how would that even work?

anyways im glad theres such an extensive roster:)

TG Wolf
08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
im not complaining but what the hell is lars doing in this game. how would that even work?

anyways im glad theres such an extensive roster:)

Lars is in the game because the costume he is wearing was designed by Kishimoto, who of course invented Naruto. Dunno exactly how he works in the game but we DO know that he has a Gattling Gun O.o ...So Yeah >_>

Density Jo
08-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I heard that lars does chidori type (lightning type) moves in the game btw in YouTube- Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja storm 2: Hinata vs Gaara that video, when hinata does twin lion fist mode, gaara never allowed her to touch him, just like pain vs hinata but hinata managed to hit pain once before he took her down, doesnt anyone agree?

TG Wolf
08-27-2010, 03:18 PM
I heard that lars does chidori type (lightning type) moves in the game

Yeah I've seen it, it is a combination of Chidori and Goku's Kamehameha. It looks kinda weird but meh.
Other than that apparently he plays like Rock Lee/Guy with Ninjutsu and a gun >_>

I really wouldn't be surprised if he's totally OP x_X

ReverendSID
08-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I heard that lars does chidori type (lightning type) moves in the game btw in YouTube- Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja storm 2: Hinata vs Gaara (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEIrZFsoHps) that video, when hinata does twin lion fist mode, gaara never allowed her to touch him, just like pain vs hinata but hinata managed to hit pain once before he took her down, doesnt anyone agree?
Finally, a video with people who at least have a decent idea what they're doing with their characters.

TG Wolf
08-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Finally, a video with people who at least have a decent idea what they're doing with their characters.

Yeah I'm thinking they mite have actually played a game before.. >_>

All joking aside, my brother was at Gamescom and apparently his opponent was good. Too good in fact.
I think their match was a little high level for the cameras because both of them used every trick they could think of and barely scratched each other. A tribute to a good match. A little boring to watch tho i'd think...

MADasaHatter
08-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I heard that lars does chidori type (lightning type) moves in the game btw in YouTube- Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja storm 2: Hinata vs Gaara (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEIrZFsoHps) that video, when hinata does twin lion fist mode, gaara never allowed her to touch him, just like pain vs hinata but hinata managed to hit pain once before he took her down, doesnt anyone agree?

I see Hinata is sporting her "Laser Fingers" move from the anime filler. I thought they'd stick with the manga, but at least it looks cool.

ReverendSID
08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I see Hinata is sporting her "Laser Fingers" move from the anime filler. I thought they'd stick with the manga, but at least it looks cool. Nah, the games always go by the anime. Which is why they stop where they do. They always go up to about where the anime is at the time of the games release.
The only game series I know of that goes off the manga (and thus goes farther than the anime is at release) is Bleach: Heat the Soul on PSP.

MADasaHatter
08-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Nah, the games always go by the anime. Which is why they stop where they do. They always go up to about where the anime is at the time of the games release.
The only game series I know of that goes off the manga (and thus goes farther than the anime is at release) is Bleach: Heat the Soul on PSP.

Hmm.

This might be off topic, but I was just thinking that Bleach is definately a series that needs the Ninja Storm-like treatment. There's so many characters in that anime, you'd probably be looking at a 50+ roster.

CiTo1109
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Hmm.

This might be off topic, but I was just thinking that Bleach is definately a series that needs the Ninja Storm-like treatment. There's so many characters in that anime, you'd probably be looking at a 50+ roster.

I've been waiting for an HD Bleach game since I was conceived. I'd love to see one especially with the way Ichigo is now in the current chap.

Density Jo
08-27-2010, 09:14 PM
I've been waiting for an HD Bleach game since I was conceived. I'd love to see one especially with the way Ichigo is now in the current chap.

hmm...as far as i know there is no bleach game on xbox 360

ReverendSID
08-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Hmm.

This might be off topic, but I was just thinking that Bleach is definately a series that needs the Ninja Storm-like treatment. There's so many characters in that anime, you'd probably be looking at a 50+ roster. I loved the 2 Blade Battlers games on PS2. 4-player fights, big list of characters. I've been hoping for a next gen version forever. Especially given how far along the story is now compared to when the 2nd was made. It would be an awesome game. Unfortunately it seems that Bleach games are only being made for the PSP now, and none of those have ever been released in the US. The way I understand it, a different company owns the rights in the US than in Japan - and that company has some kinda deal with Nintendo, which is why all we get is DS games and those two abominations on the Wii.

Back on topic, has anyone found any kind of confirmation on the last 3 characters?

magicblaze
08-28-2010, 02:28 PM
you total forgot the first second and third hokage and Masashi Kishimoto

TG Wolf
08-28-2010, 05:57 PM

I totally LOLed at this... Unless of course yer being serious in which case..huh?

Please explain your reasoning behind these choices if you are indeed being serious.

Density Jo
08-28-2010, 06:13 PM

1st and second hokage...are u kidding me? I never saw them in naruto shippuden, i only saw them in naruto (Part I) why are u saying Masashi Kishimoto, he's the creator of naruto xD and he'd be an ultra-rare character

TG Wolf
08-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Back on topic, has anyone found any kind of confirmation on the last 3 characters?

Short answer. No.

Long answer-
All we have to go on is speculation and the opinion of every person this side of the solar system; no matter how ill conceived some of those opinions are (sorry to say but true).

A game designer's statement that "All members of the Akatsuki will be playable" seems to lend credibility to the possibility of Tobi and Zetsu being in the game. Now if Tobi can be in the game then there's a chance Madara is too even though he hasn't really fought much he was revealed BEFORE Naruto vs. Pain so it is a possibility.

If Tobi/Madara is in the game then I see no reason Zetsu can't be. He was the 3rd Akatsuki member we saw (he rose from the ground after Kakashi carried Naruto away after his fight with Sasuke at the Final Valley in the Pre TS) and despite him not having fought we at least know 2 of his Jutsu: He creates Spore Clones and he feeds on chakra. If they can create a move list for Ino who basically has NO jutsu then they can make one for him.

As for the third character I'd say it will probably be Konohamaru, I don't really want it to be since I'd prefer Danzo or Raikage but I doubt that will happen.

*shrugs* best I can say is just lets wait and see. We will certainly know then xD

ReverendSID
08-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes..... waiting. I've never been good at that. :p

Juzt Skillz
08-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Itachi is my main character no matter what Naruto game I play. If he's there I'm using him.

blue silk
09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
You have 39/42 characters and those 3 defiantly wont be Tobi, or zetsu it could be defiantly not Danzo.. they should have added all the Jinchuuriki

blue silk
09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
OOO it could be first second and third hokage cause they've been in past games

Density Jo
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
You have 39/42 characters and those 3 defiantly wont be Tobi, or zetsu it could be defiantly not Danzo.. they should have added all the Jinchuuriki

you should've just edited it instead of double posting :p

OOO it could be first second and third hokage cause they've been in past games

btw i've said this to other ppl, 1st and 2nd and 3rd hokage is not in Naruto Shippuden anime, which means they wont be putting them, as for the jinchuuriki, killer bee's 8 tails mode and naruto's 4th tail mode is going to be there btw all the other jinchuurikis i know are all in the manga

TG Wolf
09-03-2010, 10:24 PM
The Hokages definitely won't be in the game from the start, I mean they weren't even in the first Storm initially (other than the Third and that's because he had a story critical battle) and even when the other Hokage were added the were only Supports.

Now I know people can argue that this game doesn't/won't have Support only characters and this could be true but it remains the simple fact that beyond Minato (who is in the game) None of the other Hokage had any part in Shippuden so have no claim to be included.

As for arguments based on Characters possible = Length of Shippuden this game covers. Let me remind you that at E3 a developer stated that "UNS2 would go beyond anything that has been shown in the anime." Now I noticed immediately that people assumed this related to the fact that the US anime hadn't yet reached the end of the Pain Arc but at no point did tne developer specify EXACTLY what he meant. It is fully possible, especially with CC2 being a Japanese company that the game MAY go beyond the Pain Arc and have more content (Tho unlikely.)

Anyone who asks the question to this "Then why do they only show up to the Pain Arc?"
Well I don't know about you but if I was a Game Developer I wouldn't be in a hurry to reveal the ending of my game as well as Developers in general not really being in the habit of doing so.

My Point: That while for an initial line-up they will be including ONLY characters that are in Shippuden- Anything is possible and restraints like No Known Move Sets and such are no deturrence to a character being available for use (Eg. Ino xD)

CoregBlue1
09-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Dude, thats always a lot to read xD. But thanks for all the facts you brought to us by the way. ^^

As for the hokages, Tsunade is (of course) confirmed and Minatos download code is in the collectors edition, which i already pre-ordered :P

I think the missing characters are tobi and some kind of special naruto or sasuke with random outfits or something, like the lee-naruto in BB.

TG Wolf
09-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I CAN HAZ PIKACHU WIV SHOTGUNZ NOWZ? xD

Density Jo
09-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Dude, thats always a lot to read xD. But thanks for all the facts you brought to us by the way. ^^

As for the hokages, Tsunade is (of course) confirmed and Minatos download code is in the collectors edition, which i already pre-ordered :P

I think the missing characters are tobi and some kind of special naruto or sasuke with random outfits or something, like the lee-naruto in BB.

*groan* i just hope the collection's edition is going to be available here if not, they should put minato as a defult character *nods*

ReverendSID
09-04-2010, 11:37 AM
*groan* i just hope the collection's edition is going to be available here if not, they should put minato as a defult character *nods* He IS a default character. The Code with the CE is just to unlock him right away. He's the last character unlocked if you play regularly.

UK Dennis
09-04-2010, 12:07 PM
As for arguments based on Characters possible = Length of Shippuden this game covers. Let me remind you that at E3 a developer stated that "UNS2 would go beyond anything that has been shown in the anime." Now I noticed immediately that people assumed this related to the fact that the US anime hadn't yet reached the end of the Pain Arc but at no point did tne developer specify EXACTLY what he meant. It is fully possible, especially with CC2 being a Japanese company that the game MAY go beyond the Pain Arc and have more content (Tho unlikely.)

Anyone who asks the question to this "Then why do they only show up to the Pain Arc?"
Well I don't know about you but if I was a Game Developer I wouldn't be in a hurry to reveal the ending of my game as well as Developers in general not really being in the habit of doing so.

Moon Eye plan? ;)

I'm pretty sure Killer Bee wasn't shown before since was announced, and even if he was then it was very close. It was definitely after the pain arc.

Density Jo
09-04-2010, 12:28 PM
He's the last character unlocked if you play regularly.

so u mean i could unlock him if i play through story mode? :confused:

ReverendSID
09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
so u mean i could unlock him if i play through story mode? :confused: Yes, he's the very last character unlocked. So if you desperately want to use him online you have to unlock absolutely everyone before you do that. But that's not really new. He was the last character unlocked in both of the Shippuden games on PS2 as well.

Speaking personally, even if the CE was released here, I wouldn't use the code. I'm gonna unlock him myself.

Density Jo
09-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Speaking personally, even if the CE was released here, I wouldn't use the code. I'm gonna unlock him myself.

yeah, that makes it more fun than unlocking him instantly, same method goes for lars, right?

Slug
09-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Well Tobi is confirmed with the latest scan.

YouTube- Ultimate Storm 2- Tobi and Minato Scan

Takamura Bear
09-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Tobi is a good boy. Now the roster is complete and all the characters are confirmed?

Density Jo
09-04-2010, 09:07 PM
:eek: ah, i guess those who wanted tobi would be pleased now, cause he has some funny moves xD

CoregBlue1
09-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Tobi is a good boy. Now the roster is complete and all the characters are confirmed?

nope, 2 are still missing.

Takamura Bear
09-04-2010, 11:27 PM
nope, 2 are still missing.

I'm guessing the final two will be out of Zetsu, Kabutomaru, or Konohamaru. I'm pretty sure konohamaru will be in as he has a moveset and can use the Rasengan, but not so sure about the other two.

Unless Kabutomaru has already been confirmed?

CoregBlue1
09-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Unless Kabutomaru has already been confirmed?

I havenīt seen anything about him but i could be wrong.

I think the two missing are some kind of special costume naruto or sasuke, or maybe caracters from the shippuuden movie.

UK Dennis
09-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Could one of the characters be Guren (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Guren)?
I know she is an anime only character but we have seen her moves atleast. Just another thought.

And im not suprised that Tobi is playable. Should be fun to use him and his comedy style :p

TG Wolf
09-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Yeah I knew Tobi was in a while ago. Still no idea who the remaining characters are though.

If Kabutomaru is in he will probably share a slot with his normal form.

Time will tell I suppose.

Density Jo
09-05-2010, 07:48 AM
If Kabutomaru is in he will probably share a slot with his normal form.

kabutomaru was once confirmed as kabuto's awakening form, so that awakening form soon later became unavailable, not sure why. maybe they will put it back

TG Wolf
09-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Sometimes I think game developers think the same way I do. xD

Tell the media something and then deny it or say it has been removed a short time later. It's classic misdirection and helps avoid leaks and discredit any information they don't want known should it leak out.

Remmetje
09-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Well Kabutormaru is not even shown in the anime yet, and since the game follows the anime (and not the manga) I don't think Kabutomaru will be in the game (either as awakening or normal slot).

I like it that Tobi is in the game and I hope Madara will also be in it aswell then.

KeyOfDarkness
09-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Well Kabutormaru is not even shown in the anime yet, and since the game follows the anime (and not the manga) I don't think Kabutomaru will be in the game (either as awakening or normal slot).

I like it that Tobi is in the game and I hope Madara will also be in it aswell then.
Well he sort of is in the anime, as soon as sasuke kills orochimaru kabuto absorbs his cells, so he's there already.
I like tobi, i think i'm going to play as him a lot. I think his awakening might be the sharingan which gives him access to madara's moveset.

Slug
09-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Well Kabutormaru is not even shown in the anime yet,.

He is, when he confronts Naruto & Yamato and tells Naruto one day he'll return.

Density Jo
09-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Well Kabutormaru is not even shown in the anime yet

he is...here (http://img.youtube.com/vi/G4cAs655eS8/0.jpg) he showed up when sasuke defeated orochimaru

I like tobi, i think i'm going to play as him a lot. I think his awakening might be the sharingan which gives him access to madara's moveset.

i agree too, i chose teleporting ppl since tobi is there, that's good for me

Remmetje
09-05-2010, 03:02 PM
he is...here (http://img.youtube.com/vi/G4cAs655eS8/0.jpg) he showed up when sasuke defeated orochimaru

i agree too, i chose teleporting ppl since tobi is there, that's good for me

Ah you are right. I forgot about that moment. Still is unknown about him though (aka is there a moveset which can be made for him...?)

Apollo312
09-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Ah you are right. I forgot about that moment. Still is unknown about him though (aka is there a moveset which can be made for him...?)

Kabutomaru is a playable character in Ulimate Ninja Heroes 3 on the PSP. He primarily used slicing attacks.

Juandi007
09-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Could one of the characters be Guren (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Guren)?
I know she is an anime only character but we have seen her moves atleast. Just another thought.

And im not suprised that Tobi is playable. Should be fun to use him and his comedy style :p

I COMPLETELY forgot about Guren! I think it would be a great idea to throw her in there! Unknown move sets aren't really a problem since they managed to make a pretty unique one for Ino, yet Guren has a great moveset they can build off of!

She may not be a "main" character but she was very important and influencial for one of the arcs. I bet shes had more screen time than most of the akutski (god i hate trying to spell this word!). They had kimimaro in the first game and he was only in there for a handful of episodes. Guren would be a fantastic idea!

TG Wolf
09-06-2010, 01:34 AM
It could be anyone.

I vote for Pikachu w/Shotgun.

ReverendSID
09-06-2010, 09:43 AM
My money's still on Kurenai.

MADasaHatter
09-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Wow. I totally agree with Guren. Crystal style dragons? I'm all over it.

I didn't even know she was an anime only character. Kurenai is a good mentiona s well. But I think I'd like to see someone who no one has mentioned yet.

Ibiki Morino.

He had a fight against the Summoning Pain in the anime, a weird one at that. And he has some unique moves with some major drawback (self inflicted justu's that do major damage at the expense of your health).

Torture Chamber
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100519144721/naruto/images/thumb/4/44/Gomon_Heya.png/300px-Gomon_Heya.png

Iron Maiden
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100513140839/naruto/images/thumb/2/24/Neko_Maiden.jpg/300px-Neko_Maiden.jpg

Density Jo
09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Ibiki Morino.

He had a fight against the Summoning Pain in the anime, a weird one at that. And he has some unique moves with some major drawback (self inflicted justu's that do major damage at the expense of your health).

ibiki, nah, he isnt that popular i always think they put popular characters in a video game, so i vote for konohamaru, besides tortue chamber would be like rock lee's eight gates mode in the broken bond

MADasaHatter
09-06-2010, 04:21 PM
ibiki, nah, he isnt that popular i always think they put popular characters in a video game, so i vote for konohamaru, besides tortue chamber would be like rock lee's eight gates mode in the broken bond

I get what you're saying. But if the game only put popular characters in, Karin wouldn't be playable.;)

CoregBlue1
09-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I get what you're saying. But if the game only put popular characters in, Karin wouldn't be playable.;)

Karin is very popular if you ask me, she loves sasuke and she is hot and if you read the weekly shonen jump manga like i do, then you know that she plays a important role in memorable situations. Iīd say Yugo isnīt popular.

But i know what you mean. ^^

Apollo312
09-06-2010, 04:28 PM
This is highly unlikely and not even serious but what about Danzo? He is pretty strong. But it is unlikely as his fighting abilitys were not even shown in the japanese Anime yet.

CoregBlue1
09-06-2010, 04:31 PM
This is highly unlikely and not even serious but what about Danzo? He is pretty strong. But it is unlikely as his fighting abilitys were not even shown in the japanese Anime yet.

i thought about him too but you only saw him fighting in the manga and he is way behind all the tobi moons eye stuff.

I think it will not go any further than the sage naruto vs pain part.

Apollo312
09-06-2010, 04:36 PM
i thought about him too but you only saw him fighting in the manga and he is way behind all the tobi moons eye stuff.

I think it will not go any further than the sage naruto vs pain part.

Yeah, it was just a silly idea. But seriously who might those last characters be? Maybe those are UNS2 only characters. Hopefully not though. I hate filler characters (Expect Guren she was pretty good but the filler was too long) or those created for a new story in anime-based games.

Juandi007
09-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Lmao, watch them pull of something COMPLETELY random like putting in that one ninja from the arc right before the Naruto vs. Pain battle. The one that had all these water bubble techniques. That would be quite a surprise :P

Apollo312
09-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Lmao, watch them pull of something COMPLETELY random like putting in that one ninja from the arc right before the Naruto vs. Pain battle. The one that had all these water bubble techniques. That would be quite a surprise :P

Nooo! The Filler strikes back! Take Cover!

Lets get serious here. It is an interesting idea to put the host of the Rokubi (Six-Tails) in UNS2 but is it needed? Utakata is technically a filler-character so I do believe it won't happen expect they like random characters.

Qoncrete
09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I guess Tobi/Madara is in it, since there is an achievement in the game with the following description:

* Mysterious Akatsuki
Now you can use all members of Akatsuki

CoregBlue1
09-06-2010, 10:16 PM
on page 2 there is a screenshot of him...

ReverendSID
09-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I guess Tobi/Madara is in it, since there is an achievement in the game with the following description:

* Mysterious Akatsuki
Now you can use all members of Akatsuki This actually lends credence to the idea that Zetsu's playable.

TG Wolf
09-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Yeah I'm thinking Zetsu and Guren maybe

CoregBlue1
09-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Could you edit Tobi in the list on the first page Wolf?

I know its just detail work but everytime i read it, i think about the 3 missing caracters.

I googled for 1 hour yesterday because i forgot that tobi is already confirmed xD.

Pre-Thanks. ^^

Apollo312
09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I have a new theory regarding the last two ninjas: Classic Naruto and Classic Sasuke.
There is the "Difference in growing up" (You get the S ranking on 'Final Battle between Friends') achievement.
It probably refers to battle at the Valley of the End (maybe as a flashback). This is also a confirmed stage.

CiTo1109
09-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I have new theory regarding the last two ninjas: Classic Naruto and Classic Sasuke.
There is the "Difference in growing up" (You get the S ranking on 'Final Battle between Friends') achievement.
It probably refers to battle at the Valley of the End (maybe as a flashback). This is also a confirmed stage.

That would make sense, one trailer shows Naruto and Sasuke clashing chidori and rasengan in VOTE as children. Sasuke in CS2 mode and Naruto in Kyuubi mode.

CoregBlue1
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I have new theory regarding the last two ninjas: Classic Naruto and Classic Sasuke.

Oh man, great thought, i think thats it. ^^

Density Jo
09-07-2010, 04:12 PM
That would make sense, one trailer shows Naruto and Sasuke clashing chidori and rasengan in VOTE as children. Sasuke in CS2 mode and Naruto in Kyuubi mode.

i vote too xD

CiTo1109
09-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I have a new theory regarding the last two ninjas: Classic Naruto and Classic Sasuke.

On second thought, that achievement could be for the battle between new team 7 and Sasuke after they infiltrate Oro's layer.

Juandi007
09-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Or possibly they could have made a battle between Naruto and Sasuke up just for the sake of having such an epic encounter. Most of the trailers do end with sasuke and naruto having an epic fighting sequence, even though it doesnt look like its playable. Who knows??? It just might be.

TG Wolf
09-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Firstly, Character List has been updated to include Tobi.

We really have no way of knowing who the final characters are. Zetsu seems likely with the achievement and Guren would be cool but I think they are avoiding filler characters so maybe not. We know from videos and achievements that Naruto and Sasuke have their epic battle and who knows we might get their earlier forms but I doubt it with the leaving out of Pre-TS characters.

I know it definitely won't happen (99.999999999999%)
but I would so laugh if when the game is released we find out that on the character select screen you press LT or RT to switch to Page 2 and ther is another 42 characters there....
*bends down to retrieve jaw from where it hit the ground*...LoL xD

Apollo312
09-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Or possibly they could have made a battle between Naruto and Sasuke up just for the sake of having such an epic encounter. Most of the trailers do end with sasuke and naruto having an epic fighting sequence, even though it doesnt look like its playable. Who knows??? It just might be.

On second thought, that achievement could be for the battle between new team 7 and Sasuke after they infiltrate Oro's layer.

Yes, that makes sense too.

We really have no way of knowing who the final characters are. Zetsu seems likely with the achievement and Guren would be cool but I think they are avoiding filler characters so maybe not. We know from videos and achievements that Naruto and Sasuke have their epic battle and who knows we might get their earlier forms but I doubt it with the leaving out of Pre-TS characters.

I still can't imagine Zetsu being a playable character. I can imagine him as a support character. According to Madara himself, Zetsu is not a "front line fighter".
However I could imagine him as a "Copy Ninja" (and I don't mean Kakashi by that). He is shown to be able to make himself a near-perfect clone of a ninja (but a weaker one). However this abilities were shown after Pains invasion so this is still unclear.

ReverendSID
09-08-2010, 12:51 PM
A new thought occured to me. Maybe the last two characters are Naruto and Sasuke. And I don't mean from pre-ts. I mean from the Gakuen special. Those versions were in the last PSP game, maybe they'll put em in this one too.

CoregBlue1
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
A new thought occured to me. Maybe the last two characters are Naruto and Sasuke. And I don't mean from pre-ts. I mean from the Gakuen special. Those versions were in the last PSP game, maybe they'll put em in this one too.

you mean high-school naruto and sasuke?

that would be awesome ^^

Density Jo
09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
you mean high-school naruto and sasuke?

that would be awesome ^^

i agree too, but i'm not sure if they'll put it there because they werent featured in the anime

ReverendSID
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
i agree too, but i'm not sure if they'll put it there because they werent featured in the anime Technically, they were featured in the anime. In one of the endings. I wanna say the second. And remember the PSP games are made by CC2 as well. So, there's a chance. Not sure it's a good one, but it's there. :)

TG Wolf
09-09-2010, 07:11 AM
They may have HS Naruto and Sasuke but I think they have already gone a bit overboard with those two and will probably be some other characters.

ReverendSID
09-09-2010, 09:42 AM
They may have HS Naruto and Sasuke but I think they have already gone a bit overboard with those two and will probably be some other characters. I'm not saying that they HAVEN'T gone a bit overboard with those characters, but they ARE the two most popular characters in the series. Though I can't understand why Sasuke's popular. So, of course they're gonna have the most variants.

I want Drunk Lee!

Juandi007
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Loopy fist Lee would be sooo much fun to play as! That is hands down my favorite battle in the entire anime: Drunk Lee vs. Kimimaro!

MADasaHatter
09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Loopy fist Lee would be sooo much fun to play as! That is hands down my favorite battle in the entire anime: Drunk Lee vs. Kimimaro!

I would have loved for the team to incorporate the Drunk Lee's moves into his moves list so he can switch from straight to loopy and then back again when he takes damage.

Density Jo
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM

Yeah, loopy fist is unbelievably strong, i vote that he could takedown naruto in 4 tails mode, taking less damage

TG Wolf
09-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I reckon Butterfly Choji could slaughter most of the Akatsuki.

Takamura Bear
09-09-2010, 11:53 PM
I reckon Butterfly Choji could slaughter most of the Akatsuki.

He'll be lucky to even get passed Sasori, with hundreds of puppets telling him that he's a fatty.

All the others would whoop him as well. :P

TG Wolf
09-10-2010, 03:16 AM
He'll be lucky to even get passed Sasori, with hundreds of puppets telling him that he's a fatty.

All the others would whoop him as well. :P

Butterfly Choji isn't fat tho xP

He would also slaughter 99% of them with a single Butterfly Bomb xD

CoregBlue1
09-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Butterfly Choji isn't fat tho xP

He would also slaughter 99% of them with a single Butterfly Bomb xD

his butterfly bomb ougi in the ultimate ninja ps2 games was on of the best in the whole series.

Density Jo
09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
his butterfly bomb ougi in the ultimate ninja ps2 games was on of the best in the whole series.

i agree, while in butterfly mode, choji isnt fat xD btw his ultimate jutsu was very cool...
on topic, any confirmation on the last 2 characters or is the roster complete?

CiTo1109
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
i agree, while in butterfly mode, choji isnt fat xD btw his ultimate jutsu was very cool...
on topic, any confirmation on the last 2 characters or is the roster complete?

Ebisu and the Ramen dude.

Density Jo
09-10-2010, 06:45 PM

eh????????? does he fight even :s

CoregBlue1
09-10-2010, 06:55 PM

The Ramen DUDE!?

haha thatīs hilarious xD

KeyOfDarkness
09-10-2010, 07:31 PM
The Ramen DUDE!?

haha thatīs hilarious xD
The ramen guy is easily the strongest character in naruto, why do you think he's retired to cook ramen? Nobody at his level.

MADasaHatter
09-10-2010, 09:11 PM

lmao

Holy crap I nearly died laughing out loud. Thanks.

It makes sense though.

Naruto can summon a fifty story frog, build a mini cyclone in the palm of his hand and channel the power of a nine tailed demon fox that can wave its tail and destroy mountains. But have you ever seen his face when he can't pay the bill at Ichiraku Ramen?

TG Wolf
09-11-2010, 06:31 AM
The ramen guy is easily the strongest character in naruto, why do you think he's retired to cook ramen? Nobody at his level.

I wanna play as him in his skinny form after he ate the diet ramen in support of his daughter's diet xD

Fear My Ramen no Jutsu!!

Fish Cake Barrage!! xD

ReverendSID
09-11-2010, 08:00 AM
lmao

Holy crap I nearly died laughing out loud. Thanks.

It makes sense though.

Naruto can summon a fifty story frog, build a mini cyclone in the palm of his hand and channel the power of a nine tailed demon fox that can wave its tail and destroy mountains. But have you ever seen his face when he can't pay the bill at Ichiraku Ramen? roflmao! Dude, you are so right! That old man scares the hell outta him.

TG Wolf
09-12-2010, 07:00 AM
The only thing Naruto is scared of is getting banned from Ichiraku, but honestly they'd go bankrupt without Naruto xD

CoregBlue1
09-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Pretty sure now that the 2 missing characters are classic naruto and sasuke, you saw them in the TCGs trailer.

Aceman417
09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
yeah i havent bothered to look at all the characters in all posts, but i know for sure that the forth hokage is the last character you unlock or if you get the limited edition you unlock him at the start

Tobi
09-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Well, Six-Tail Naruto was shown to be Sage Naruto's awakening, and I went and counted up the list on the Wikipedia (yes, the Wikipedia. I edit it sometimes with what I find on gameFAQs), and it comes out to 42. I'll list them, with their known awakenings.

Naruto Uzumaki (Four-Tail)
Kakashi Hatake
Sakura Haruno (Chakra Fists)
Sai
Yamato
Tsunade
Jiraiya (Sage Mode)
Asuma Sarutobi (Chakra Swords)
Shikamaru Nara
Choji Akimichi
Ino Yamanaka
Kiba Inuzuka
Hinata Hyuga (Twin Lion Fists)
Shino Aburame
Guy (Gates Mode)
Neji Hyuga
Rock Lee (Gates Mode)
Tenten
Minato Namikaze
Sasuke Uchiha (CS2)
Karin
Suigetsu
Jugo
Gaara
Chiyo (Ten Puppets)
Temari
Kankuro (Salamander)
Sasori (True Form)
Deidara (C2 Dragon)
Hidan (Ritual Mode)
Kakuzu (Hearts Mode)
Pain
Konan
Itachi Uchiha
Kisame Hoshigaki
Tobi
Lars Alexandersson
Orochimaru
Kabuto Yakushi
Killer Bee (Eight-Tails)
Sage Naruto (Six-Tail)
Akatsuki Sasuke

This is, of course, assuming that Sage Naruto and Akatsuki Sasuke are separate characters from their normal versions.

CoregBlue1
09-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Huh? that wouldnīt make sense.

1. Isnīt akatsuki sasuke just another costume from the normal sasuke?

2. Isnīt sage Naruto supposed to be eight tails like in the anime?

3. I think both of them share one slot with the original characters, so there is space for classic sasuke and naruto.

4. where is the link, to your information? its worth nothing without the link.

MADasaHatter
09-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Huh? that wouldnīt make sense.

1. Isnīt akatsuki sasuke just another costume from the normal sasuke?

This is the only one that I'd believe. Sasuke as Oro's pupil could have a snake moveset and the akatsuki Sasuke could have his more current stuff. I'm just guessing here.

Density Jo
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
seems that six tails mode awakening "is" confirmed, here woot, more tailed transformations http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/09/six-tails-confirmed-playable-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/ (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/09/six-tails-confirmed-playable-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/)woot, more tailed transformations (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/09/six-tails-confirmed-playable-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/)

Tobi
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Just because you don't believe me, doesn't mean it isn't true. Sage Naruto and Akatsuki Sasuke have different move sets than their regular versions.

Takamura Bear
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Tobi is a good boy. ^_^

6-Tails is in? Fuck year! I was getting worried there for a second. Now all I need is confirmation of Ton Ton the pig otherwise I won't be buying this game. >_<

Remmetje
09-26-2010, 08:27 PM
seems that six tails mode awakening "is" confirmed, here woot, more tailed transformations http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/09/six-tails-confirmed-playable-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/ (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/09/six-tails-confirmed-playable-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/)woot, more tailed transformations (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/09/six-tails-confirmed-playable-in-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/)

AWESOME FIND! Sage Mode Naruto is seriously gonna be one of the most played characters online.

Density Jo
09-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Now all I need is confirmation of Ton Ton the pig otherwise I won't be buying this game. >_<

that's exactly the same thing my brother was saying....strange

Slug
10-06-2010, 12:46 PM
full character roster has been shown and can be found here. edit - also 'behind the game part 3' is up now and he confirms 44 characters are infact playable, yet the selection scren above being locked at 42 to avoid the last 2 being revealed early. wonder who it is

YouTube - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: All Character

Remmetje
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Naruto Sage Mode is another character slot well that is interesting since it will probably have a tad different moveset from the other Naruto. Gotta love this character roster and I'm certainly looking forward playing this game.

Density Jo
10-06-2010, 06:10 PM
the nine taled rasengan, wow, i'm loving that name and justu for the 1st time, btw i wonder where the missing 2 unknowns are, maybe they are dlc...who knows

MADasaHatter
10-06-2010, 08:42 PM
The developer diary 3 is real interesting.

You hear Pain's English voice for the first time. Sounds good, just a little older than what he looks. idk
At 1:30 in the vid, you can see Tobi pop up and give a goofy double thumbs up. I'm not sure if that means he'll have his goofy moveset or a kickass Madara style.
Those last two characters are bugging me. Honestly.

Remmetje
10-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm going for the goofy moveset at Tobi's. Maybe Madara will become available as DLC later on but that is all guessing.

Those two characters could only be younger Naruto and Sasuke from what I could tell from all the trailers they released, all in all saying 44 characters while having 42 character slots seems kinda silly so all we have to do is wait a little more time to find it out.

Juandi007
10-06-2010, 11:54 PM
My vote is on the developer screwing up and saying the wrong number :P That final video showing the entire Character select screen seems very definitive to me.

III Will III
10-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Could see maybe just the younger characters as different costumes and thats what the developer means.

mikachu93
10-07-2010, 01:34 AM
I really wish I'd been keeping up with the story... I had to stop after volume 31 because of a lousy income, so I'm expecting a lot of spoilers, but the game looks amazing. Going out to pre-order tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm that Lars can be obtained only through pre-order, however? I saw it mentioned while flipping through some site (maybe even here? I don't remember...), but didn't put a lot of thought into it when I read it.

III Will III
10-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Read the manga online dude if you cant afford it :)

Slug
10-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Can anyone confirm that Lars can be obtained only through pre-order, however? I saw it mentioned while flipping through some site (maybe even here? I don't remember...), but didn't put a lot of thought into it when I read it.

lars isnt a pre-order bonus, hes jsut an unlockable character in game.

mikachu93
10-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Read the manga online dude if you cant afford it :)
I've been considering it, but how is my manga collection supposed to get any larger if I don't buy the books? :)

lars isnt a pre-order bonus, hes jsut an unlockable character in game.
Definitely good to know. I don't have to dig for change to make the pre-order.

Density Jo
10-07-2010, 07:41 PM
after searching the wikipedia, it says that the last 2 characters are "suprise characters" what do u think it would be? My guess is......gah, give me some time to think xD btw just like sage mode naruto, akatsuki sasuke DOES have a different moveset he has the ability to use his "ultra-cool" mangeykou sharingan while the normal one uses curse mark stage 2 (i'm not a fan of stage 2 but i am a fan of stage 1)

Remmetje
10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
That is nice, any source to back up your statement Density? I'm really guessing the younger versions of Naruto and Sasuke will be the two suprise characters as they keep showing their clash in every damn trailer they release :)

KeyOfDarkness
10-07-2010, 10:00 PM
That is nice, any source to back up your statement Density? I'm really guessing the younger versions of Naruto and Sasuke will be the two suprise characters as they keep showing their clash in every damn trailer they release :)
I did watch some gameplay of the Naruto Vs Sasuke fight(after getting inside orochimaru's lair and sasuke enters naruto and talks to the 9 tails)
highlight for text

And during the fight you "flashback" and play as one tailed kyubbi and curse mark 2 sasuke from valley of the end, so it pretty much confirms them as a skin anyway

MADasaHatter
10-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm headed to ComicCon this weekend and Bandai has a booth. I'm hoping they have something to show of this.

III Will III
10-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Be up to date reading the manga vouch to buy it also when you can afford it and it will be cool!

donkeydood15
10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I think it's about time Zetsu got himself into one of these games, plus that would make all Akatsuki playable... Madara would be good as well as he has some really powerful techniques.

EDIT - Or maybe Yahiko?!

Density Jo
10-08-2010, 07:22 PM
WHAT!?!?!?!? I just checked the wikipedia and saw this....

?? -surprise character2
Lars Alexandersson
Hokage Naruto

so it means that hokage naruto is confirmed and there is only 1 more character left *whoops* i wonder what hokage naruto's moveset would be btw naruto isn't even the hokage yet :/

donkeydood15
10-08-2010, 07:52 PM
WHAT!?!?!?!? I just checked the wikipedia and saw this....

?? -surprise character2
Lars Alexandersson
Hokage Naruto

so it means that hokage naruto is confirmed and there is only 1 more character left *whoops* i wonder what hokage naruto's moveset would be btw naruto isn't even the hokage yet :/

As far as I know he hasn't been confirmed...

The Naruto.Wikia site for me says

??? -surprise character1-
??? -surprise character2-

So probably someone put it there to get our hopes up (as anyone can edit wikipedia) :confused:

EDIT - Scratch what I just said... YouTube - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Killerbee vs Hokage Naruto

Density Jo
10-08-2010, 09:28 PM
EDIT - Scratch what I just said... YouTube - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Killerbee vs Hokage Naruto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QDlnScqzf4)

:p told ya, no one can edit the wikipedia expect the staff

KeyOfDarkness
10-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Guess it's time for speculation on the secret character again? :p
My guess is...Madara, Valley of the end against Hashirama Senju Madara, not tobi madara, would be a nice "secret" right?

Density Jo
10-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Guess it's time for speculation on the secret character again? :p
My guess is...Madara, Valley of the end against Hashirama Senju Madara, not tobi madara, would be a nice "secret" right?

wow....everyone wants madara, here's a little spoiler

Tobi has a new moveset when he uses his awakening mode, (not a goofy moveset, a more serious one, maybe he starts to act like madara)

donkeydood15
10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
wow....everyone wants madara, here's a little spoiler

Tobi has a new moveset when he uses his awakening mode, (not a goofy moveset, a more serious one, maybe he starts to act like madara)

While true that Tobi is technically classed as Madara, he has a completely different appearence as he is in his akatsuki disguise.

To both serve the storyline and fill the fans enjoyment, I think it would be smart to add a proper Uchiha Madara character in his full uchiha armor and have a proper kick ass move-set ;). He's bound to pop up in a cutscene in the story somewhere (minus disguised as Tobi). In that case he'd need to appear in the story (outside his disguise), therefor automatically making him a playable character! :)

Unless he's an NPC, in that case I'd be very annoyed :(

Although my theory is flawed with the chance he will not be making any cinematic appearences within the story... :/

Density Jo
10-08-2010, 10:00 PM
While true that Tobi is technically classed as Madara, he has a completely different appearence as he is in his akatsuki disguise.

To both serve the storyline and fill the fans enjoyment, I think it would be smart to add a proper Uchiha Madara character in his full uchiha armor and have a proper kick ass move-set ;). He's bound to pop up in a cutscene in the story somewhere (minus disguised as Tobi). In that case he'd need to appear in the story (outside his disguise), therefor automatically making him a playable character! :)

Unless he's an NPC, in that case I'd be very annoyed :(

Although my theory is flawed with the chance he will not be making any cinematic appearences within the story... :/

i never seen madara in the anime expect in flashbacks...like when he was telling sasuke about his past (when sasuke finished killing itachi)

donkeydood15
10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
He made an appearence with Pain and Konan in Amagakure (or whatever the rain village is called) on top of Pain's tower... I think that's the only appearence apart from like you say: flashbacks.

mikachu93
10-09-2010, 01:10 AM
:p told ya, no one can edit the wikipedia expect the staff
Wrong... The entire idea behind Wikipedia and its daughter sites is "The Encyclopedia Anyone Can Edit!"

Apollo312
10-09-2010, 09:25 AM
This video confirms that Sage Naruto and Taka Sasuke are seperate characters. This also comfirms that they are the two secret characters.

YouTube - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Characters

donkeydood15
10-09-2010, 09:38 AM
This video confirms that Sage Naruto and Taka Sasuke are seperate characters. This also comfirms that they are the two secret characters.

YouTube - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Characters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1hB6BN_xQY)

We knew Sage Naruto was a seperate character for a while now and I think we did about Taka Sasuke too. They wouldn't hide 2 characters this close to release unless they were someone epic :)

Apollo312
10-09-2010, 09:46 AM
We knew Sage Naruto was a seperate character for a while now and I think we did about Taka Sasuke too. They wouldn't hide 2 characters this close to release unless they were someone epic :)

I don't think so, take a look at the first page, the first post. We see all known characters we knew back then. Naruto and Sasuke are only time in there. So if we take Naruto and Sasuke two times get 44 Characters and so we have the last 2 secret characters.

Edit: Of Course, I have no proof myself. Maybe you are right, maybe not, I don't know.

donkeydood15
10-09-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't think so, take a look at the first page, the first post. We see all known characters we knew back then. Naruto and Sasuke are only time in there. So if we take Naruto and Sasuke two times get 44 Characters and so we have the last 2 secret characters.

Edit: Of Course, I have no proof myself. Maybe you are right, maybe not, I don't know.

YouTube - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Characters

Check out this video. It shows Taka Sasuke and Sage Naruto as seperate characteres yet we still have 2 hiddens to go :)

EDIT - I don't know if this is anything to go by... And yes it is an old video but I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

YouTube - Zetsu Confirmed to be in Storm 2

It's picture of a scan for the game that mentions Zetsu. Obviously that doesn't mean he's playable but along with the achievement about unlocking all akatsuki, sounds like he may be playable!

I sure hope he is... He's one of my favourite Akatsuki's :)

Density Jo
10-09-2010, 03:32 PM
now the rooster is comple....what zetsu, does he fight? :confused: anyway it seems that all characters has their awakening mode expect karin =.= why is karin even in the game, being the only character without an awakening mode *facepalm*

donkeydood15
10-09-2010, 03:41 PM
now the rooster is comple....what zetsu, does he fight? :confused: anyway it seems that all characters has their awakening mode expect karin =.= why is karin even in the game, being the only character without an awakening mode *facepalm*

Wait... So theres no 2 secret characters? :confused:

Apollo312
10-09-2010, 03:59 PM

That is what I kinda meant with the video, as there were no empty spots were the "secret characters" would be.

Density Jo
10-09-2010, 04:03 PM

yeah....i think the "secret characters" were just alternative costumes.... *facepalm*

h34dsh00tz
10-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I just hope they ever think if putting danzo in the game, but guess hes to far away in the anime, or maybe characters from the movies

Density Jo
10-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I just hope they ever think if putting danzo in the game, but guess hes to far away in the anime, or maybe characters from the movies

he's way too far....here's a little spoiler for guys who HAVE NOT read the manga and only watches the anime...

he's dead :p

donkeydood15
10-10-2010, 11:10 AM
TG Wolf in his "jerk" thread is saying now that there are 2 hidden characters >_> I'm so confused