PDA

View Full Version : Is there a tutorial for this game?

Wibbletaru
08-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Having played just about every other DW game, I thought I would get used to this but it turns out to be a giant clusterF.

Is there a general tutorial for this game? Basically my experience thus far even on Easy mode is mostly this:

1.) Pick Shu
2.) Pick Yue Ying
3.) Struggle with the camera against normal units
4.) Encounter boss
5.) Get juggled non-stop
6.) Die - go back to Step 1

I don't have a clue anymore how to fight officers. If I get close to them, they end up hitting me 5-6 times in a combo. If they're in the WTFOMGBBQ mode, then I get 2-3 shotted to death.

My gut feeling is that I'm just missing out the basic strategy to this and hoping this game isn't as terrible as I think it is right now.

<uberfrustrated />

DistortedFate
08-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Well first off..I hope you knew to pick back up officers because one of my friends had made it to roughly chapter 4 without even knowing that you could choose other officers to be at your side..also a huge key to facing officers is locking on to them by clicking down the right thumstick..and then you can start to juggle them! Hold "Y" to get a charge attack to break an enemies blocks and while you are locked on you can simply press the dash button and it will hone in on whoever you were locked in on..If you have any other questions let me know!

iBlessing 09
08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=211374

Wibbletaru
08-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Well first off..I hope you knew to pick back up officers because one of my friends had made it to roughly chapter 4 without even knowing that you could choose other officers to be at your side..also a huge key to facing officers is locking on to them by clicking down the right thumstick..and then you can start to juggle them! Hold "Y" to get a charge attack to break an enemies blocks and while you are locked on you can simply press the dash button and it will hone in on whoever you were locked in on..If you have any other questions let me know!

1.) What do the four colors on enemy officers indicate? I noticed that they start breaking as you hit/juggle them, but what do they really mean?

2.) Are all the characters effectively the same if they can use the same subweapon?

3.) I can't seem to beat Bi Xie even on Easy. Too many officers juggling me even if I spam Dash and Strong attack over and over with Yue Ying (Bladebow).

iBlessing 09
08-30-2010, 01:15 AM
1.) What do the four colors on enemy officers indicate? I noticed that they start breaking as you hit/juggle them, but what do they really mean?

2.) Are all the characters effectively the same if they can use the same subweapon?

3.) I can't seem to beat Bi Xie even on Easy. Too many officers juggling me even if I spam Dash and Strong attack over and over with Yue Ying (Bladebow).
There's a few occasions where I had to backtrack to get better. Play that chapter again and if you can't beat it after that then get a level 50 to help you.

DistortedFate
08-30-2010, 04:22 PM
That is the best strategy..Try it a few times and find a higher level to help. Also those 4 colors are basically invulnerability and you have to attack and break that to be able to juggle them again and make your attacks effect them..because if you don't they still do damage but the officer won't be stunned..and it goes faster if each character does his/her own block but you can do all 4 if you wanted to.