PDA

View Full Version : Fable III Children

Toams07
08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Here's some confirmed and unconfirmed information about children in Fable III.
This comes from http://fable.wikia.com/

Confirmed
- The player can use the dynamic touch system to pick up, carry, toss, and hug children. The child's parents may be offended if they see you doing this.

- The children of Bowerstone Industial are ordered to work in factories due to Logan's tyrannical rule.

- The children of the Hero will attempt to pressure him/her into selfishly taking money from the treasury.

- The Hero of Fable III is the first hero NOT to have a playable childhood quest set.

EDIT: Players can have children over Xbox LIVE

EDIT: Children can be adopted

EDIT: The Hero can hire a nanny to watch his/her children when he/shes gone - thanks Verbalibis

Rumours
- It is rumoured that children can be killed in Fable III by NPC enemies.

- Some players believe that children in Fable III will eventually grow into adults.

- It is rumoured that the player can buy clothing for their children, and dress them up however they want.

- It's rumoured that you can have children in couch co-op.

EDIT: it is rumoured (if it hasn't been confirmed yet) that your children will not be automatically named, or at least that their displayed names when they speak are the same as the name the player gives them.

The confirmed information already makes me even happier I pre-ordered it, though I'd also REALLY like to see the last two unconfirmed things.

How do you think of it?

Monopoly Man 93
08-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Sweet. Really looking foward to the game now. But the rumour about kids turning into adults doesn't seem likely at all. I wouldn't have a clue why Lionhead would do that.

Toams07
08-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Sweet. Really looking foward to the game now. But the rumour about kids turning into adults doesn't seem likely at all. I wouldn't have a clue why Lionhead would do that.

Idk either .. perhaps there are more possibilities with your children as grown-ups.

True I Skill
08-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Damn.
I always thought playing through the Hero's life was a good thing in fable.
I was looking foward to playing as a Child and seeing my Hero from Fable 2. I guess not now.

I hope the children do grow up and you get more quests with them. I also dont like that your children try to pressure you into taking money from the treasury... I think they should of changed it a little so Where if you are a good hero and brought your kids up to be good, Maybe they try and pressure you into giving the gold away to homeless or somthing? And if they are evil they try to take some of the money now and again.

TwistedFate
08-21-2010, 02:23 PM
I also dont like that your children try to pressure you into taking money from the treasury... I think they should of changed it a little so Where if you are a good hero and brought your kids up to be good, Maybe they try and pressure you into giving the gold away to homeless or somthing? And if they are evil they try to take some of the money now and again.

No matter how you raise them, children always want you to buy them stuff. They just don't understand the concept of money and money in the treasury is the same as money in your pocket to them. It's not a good or evil thing, it's a child thing.

Pearson
08-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I think that it's a cool idea that you can interact with children other than talking to them. I think not growing up from a child will take some getting used to since I liked the idea of growing into adulthood.

Toams07
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
No matter how you raise them, children always want you to buy them stuff. They just don't understand the concept of money and money in the treasury is the same as money in your pocket to them. It's not a good or evil thing, it's a child thing.

Well, of course, when you are King of Albion, even a child, especially your uwn child should understand the money has to be used for Albion as well.
However I don't think it's gonna be a pain in the ass, seeing your kids asking you to keep the money all the time. I mean, just buy them a bunch of toys etc. from time to time and they'll be happy.
I already love all the new features fable III is going to have, but if your kids seriously grow beyond childhood (teenage, perhaps even adolescence) and if you can even change their clothes, I think I'm going to make an altar for Fable III and worship it twice a day.

Demendred
08-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Confirmed
- The player can use the dynamic touch system to pick up, carry, toss, and hug children. The child's parents may be offended if they see you doing this.

lol, you can toss your children about. AND, the parents get offended. Yes, this is one of many reasons this is worth it.

evilhomer12345
08-24-2010, 05:17 PM
kill and age into adults would be epic since it was missing from fable 2

Toams07
08-25-2010, 02:15 PM
kill and age into adults would be epic since it was missing from fable 2

The killing wouldn't have been neccesary ..
but yeah seeing them grow into adults or something close to it would be nice ..
It's kinda boring to see the same little boy or girl coming at you screaming 'YOUR HOME!!!' everytime you visit.

Although clothing them or making them up or something would te nice too ..
once killed my wife for giving me a girl with a 1* dress (looked like it) and a bald son .. :D

evilhomer12345
08-27-2010, 04:53 PM
killing may not be necessary, but think of this.
could be a good story mission driver.
You have wife and two kids, have some enemies, dont know there location
Hears some guy knows, but lives in aurora, so you go there
After quest (takes a month) you come home to find
a enemy has killed your wife and children.
now your on a mission to hunt him down and get your revenge.

i could see that.

Verbalibis
08-31-2010, 02:30 AM
A friend and I were discussing this the other day and what I want to know is: what happens to your kids if you start a family with a co-op partner? I imagine that the co-op buddy will eventually leave your game, and when you have to go off adventuring, who watches the kid? In fable 2 you always had a spouse to stay home with the kids' and if you didn't they'd be taken away. I'd love to know how it works in Fable 3.

We also think it would be really funny if, alongside sex etc. for your spouse's wants, they could want a certain number of kids. And if they didn't get enough children they'd be unhappy. Also, if they had several kids but not enough room, they'd want a bigger house or more money etc..

Toams07
09-01-2010, 05:15 PM
A friend and I were discussing this the other day and what I want to know is: what happens to your kids if you start a family with a co-op partner? I imagine that the co-op buddy will eventually leave your game, and when you have to go off adventuring, who watches the kid? In fable 2 you always had a spouse to stay home with the kids' and if you didn't they'd be taken away. I'd love to know how it works in Fable 3.

We also think it would be really funny if, alongside sex etc. for your spouse's wants, they could want a certain number of kids. And if they didn't get enough children they'd be unhappy. Also, if they had several kids but not enough room, they'd want a bigger house or more money etc..

First: the losing-your-kids-when-your-spouse-dies thing SUCKED SO HARD!!
I really hope they NEVER do that again!

Second: I think your kids will just stay home or perhaps you can hire someone to look after them

Verbalibis
09-01-2010, 08:34 PM
First: the losing-your-kids-when-your-spouse-dies thing SUCKED SO HARD!!
I really hope they NEVER do that again!

Second: I think your kids will just stay home or perhaps you can hire someone to look after them

I know! I'm with you on that one.

I think it'd be hysterical if you could hire babysitters in Fable 3. Although on the other hand, having no one to stay home with the kids could feed into the dynamic of kids being able to die. Maybe someone raids your house, or as someone said earlier an enemy could kidnap them, or they could even die from neglect. That'd be terrible but at the same time they definitely want people emotionally invested in the game.

Jellybean468
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I just hope we can dump kids in the castle pond. :D

I joke, I joke.

Toams07
09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
I know! I'm with you on that one.

I think it'd be hysterical if you could hire babysitters in Fable 3. Although on the other hand, having no one to stay home with the kids could feed into the dynamic of kids being able to die. Maybe someone raids your house, or as someone said earlier an enemy could kidnap them, or they could even die from neglect. That'd be terrible but at the same time they definitely want people emotionally invested in the game.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did something like that.
Fable nearly is a life apart.

Qu33n Embla
09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I just hope we can dump kids in the castle pond. :D

I joke, I joke. Shame on you:p LOL.

Toams07
09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
I think it would suck if kids could be killed.
Like 'hey Mum I just got Fable 3 in which I can kill dozens of kids or get my own killed!'

Toams07
09-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Yep we'll be able to adopt children, besides our biological kids.
The Source (http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption)

From The Fable Wiki:
Adoption is a new feature in Fable III it has been announced that children can be adopted and that this is a new way for same-sex couples to start a family, unlike Fable II when you could only get married.
It is unknown how you adopt in Fable III.

Verbalibis
09-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Yep we'll be able to adopt children, besides our biological kids.
The Source (http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption)

Do we know where the info on the wiki page came from though? I guess I won't get my hopes up yet, but that would be a really cool feature if it turns out to be true! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Qu33n Embla
09-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Adopting children.. That is an interesting feature. :) And it would be more interesting if there was a possibility that you maybe couldn't have children of your own if you got alot of STD's.. And with the possibility to adopt instead..

Toams07
09-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Adopting children.. That is an interesting feature. :) And it would be more interesting if there was a possibility that you maybe couldn't have children of your own if you got alot of STD's.. And with the possibility to adopt instead..

According to Lionhead the adopting feature was introduced for gay families who couldn't get children themselves.
Since they can now adopt, they can.

Bubble Supreme
09-14-2010, 02:19 PM
My GOTY already :D

I really like the dressing up the kids idea,and I hope they increase the cap on the amount of kids you can have too, 9 is just wasn't enough! :p

As for the baby sitting thing, maybe it's that servant guy in the castle who is voiced by John Cleese. Since you are already a prince/princess at the beginning of the story it would be fitting to have him as your trusted guardian.

Starstrukk X360A
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I suddenly want this game.
Like, right now.

Verbalibis
09-15-2010, 01:32 AM
As for the baby sitting thing, maybe it's that servant guy in the castle who is voiced by John Cleese. Since you are already a prince/princess at the beginning of the story it would be fitting to have him as your trusted guardian.

That is an excellent point! I'd never thought of that. How funny would it be to have like 13 kids tearing around the pause menu/sanctuary? :D

Qu33n Embla
09-15-2010, 06:40 AM
According to Lionhead the adopting feature was introduced for gay families who couldn't get children themselves.
Since they can now adopt, they can. I did understand that..:) So that was not my intension. If you read It correctly, you would have seen that I just had an "extra" idea popped up in my head that I thought would be fun if that would have been put in the game.

Toams07
09-15-2010, 04:18 PM
All these new features with children are just awesome.

Qu33n Embla
09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
All these new features with children are just awesome. I totally agree with you. I'm so excited that I just can't wait until this game is released.:woop:

Toams07
09-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I totally agree with you. I'm so excited that I just can't wait until this game is released.:woop:

Me neither xD
I'm getting this on a Friday so I have all weekend for it:woop:

Volzagia
09-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Some awesome ideas there by Lionhead, I hope they put more effort into the children of Fable 3 kinda fell short in Fable 2

Qu33n Embla
09-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Me neither xD
I'm getting this on a Friday so I have all weekend for it:woop: I have to get it on the release day here in Europe.:) Only 42 days left.. It feels like forever to wait for that day.

Toams07
09-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Only 42 days left.. It feels like forever to wait for that day.

Yea indeed ..
and going to school in the remaining weeks doesn't really make it better

Bubble Supreme
09-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Yea indeed ..
and going to school in the remaining weeks doesn't really make it better

Ha! Your all lucky you can actually play it on release date! I'm heading off to Uni soon and probably won't be able to play it till Christmas... :(:(:(

Verbalibis
09-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Well, I guess that answers my question! According to a preview on Joystiq, when you have to leave your children behind in Fable 3, you can hire a nanny to watch them: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/17/fable-3-co-op-preview/

I'm getting more excited with each bit I read about this game.

Oogie Boogie
09-18-2010, 05:11 AM
All i want is for my kids to grow up and that i can take them with me on quest and such...

Toams07
09-18-2010, 08:11 AM
All i want is for my kids to grow up and that i can take them with me on quest and such...

Yea so do I ...

Oogie Boogie
09-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Yea so do I ...
I actually found it funny that your character can get old as hell but your kids stay the same, its as if they are all living in never land when your not around..

bradgardener
09-19-2010, 07:24 AM
I can't wait for this game to come out. Lionhead always does great work, and this whole concept of kids actually doing something more than sitting in a room is awesome.

Toams07
09-19-2010, 07:31 AM
I can't wait for this game to come out. Lionhead always does great work, and this whole concept of kids actually doing something more than sitting in a room is awesome.

Yeah even though you could get married and have kids in Fable 2 already was great, but actually we couldn't do so much with them.
We could do some nice expressions, give them a toy or something and well, thats it.
I really hope we'll be able to do much more in Fable 3

Qu33n Embla
09-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah even though you could get married and have kids in Fable 2 already was great, but actually we couldn't do so much with them.
We could do some nice expressions, give them a toy or something and well, thats it.
I really hope we'll be able to do much more in Fable 3 I totally agree with you on that. I want the option to maybe change their clothes and play with them etc..

Toams07
09-26-2010, 08:01 AM
I totally agree with you on that. I want the option to maybe change their clothes and play with them etc..

touch system already is a great upgrade.
I mean, hold hands with your child or carry him/her is already far better than telling them to follow you

Qu33n Embla
09-26-2010, 10:17 AM
touch system already is a great upgrade.
I mean, hold hands with your child or carry him/her is already far better than telling them to follow you That's definitely a very BIG plus. It were always annoying every time you had to mark that character to communicate, and you marked the wrong character because all of the people was just starting to gather all around you.. That was frustrating.

Toams07
09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
That's definitely a very BIG plus. It were always annoying every time you had to mark that character to communicate, and you marked the wrong character because all of the people was just starting to gather all around you.. That was frustrating.

YEah and it didn't really feel like real interaction to me.

Qu33n Embla
09-26-2010, 02:54 PM
YEah and it didn't really feel like real interaction to me. Let's hope this is going to be a totally different experience and more awesome than the last.

Toams07
09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Nothing has changed since the adoption feature.
Sure hope they add some new things
Dress up your children would be awesome:)

shadowr4ven
10-29-2010, 03:42 PM
how do you adopt a kid? I married a lesbian.