Veteran Campaign

Flugruger

Alright guys, what direction do you lot think Treyarch will take with the Veteran campaign on this one? Do you think they'll go back to World at War levels of ridiculous grenade-spamming, infinite-respawning hell, or do you think they'll turn the difficulty down like Infinity Ward did with MW2?

If you ask me it's going to be tough to strike a balance between the two. As so many people complained about the infinite respawn IW took it out and it made the game so much easier that people bitched about COD getting diluted and whatnot. I have to admit it was a little too easy - I think COD2 got it just right.

I think Treyarch's idea of a compromise could well be no infinite respawn but still hellish 'nade spam, haha.

I can deal with infinitely respawning enemies although they suck. I can't deal with the F***'n grenade spamming though....made Vet on WaW a nightmare I never finished. Finally get to that magic "squad will move up" spot only to have 10 grenades materialize out of nowhere.

They can bump it up a bit from MW2 I hope, it's the only COD I've beaten on Vet and other than a few spots didn't find it all that challenging.

Agreed^ I'd rather have infinite respawns then have the enemies shit grenades left and right. I've beaten both COD4 and MW2 on Veteran, and I went back to WAW and tried to finish it off. I started up Burn 'Em Out. So much optimism...that ended in WHAT THE FUUUUU-BOOM!

WAW was hard yeah it was but it was an achievement in its self to make your way through the insane nade spamming and respawns but hey i like a challenge

An i enjoyed it............it was frustrating at times but overall i was happy with its veteran difficulty

I hope they get rid of the nades coming in at the rate they did but keep the difficulty the same its a challenge

People feel good if you beat it not moan after youve beat it

I dont really mind infinite enemies, as long as there isnt any sniper grenade spammin. WaW was completely rediculas.

But if im honest i would say, i'd like it to be just like MW2, difficulty wise. Bcos having it any harder takes all the enjoyment out for me. It starts to feel like a grind. And i hate grinding.

Game isn't even out and people are bitching about the veteran campaign... *sigh*

I know they fixed it. It should be harder than mw2 but without infinite enemy respawns.

Meh, if you noticed in the OP's post he asks what direction will you think it will go so really just mere guesswork and speculation and nobody bitched about Black Ops campaign, just about WAW's and the like...? It's impossible to bitch about a game that's not out yet, we we're just weighing in how we think it should be. No mean to start a flame war or anything.

Personally I think infinite spawns and grenade spam are just ways to cover up for a weak AI. I would like to see finite spawns and each enemy soldier has finite grenades. Then you make the AI more intelligent so they can fight smarter, coordinate their efforts, flank you, and only using grenades when it makes sense to. Under realistic circumstances you would never see 20 soldiers all doing nothing but lobbing grenades. I realize that's asking a lot out of the campaign of a multiplayer centric title, but in a perfect world......

Game isn't even out and people are bitching about the veteran campaign... *sigh*

I know they fixed it. It should be harder than mw2 but without infinite enemy respawns.

You mean like CoD4?

CoD4 got the difficulty right, hard with really hard bits at times (fuck you Ferris wheel show down!) finite spawns, sensible grenades. Awesome.

Well Treyarch have already shown they've listened to the aches and pains caused by MW2 which isn't even their game and I'm pretty damn sure they've heard all about "Grenades At War" as some people have nicknamed WaW so they're bound to alter something from their own line of games since it'd make them pretty idiotic not to.

Personally I don't care. MW2 was too easy on Veteran. WaW at least kicked my ass a few times which is what I expect from the hardest difficulty on a game. People seem to think they should just be handed these achievements...

Besides, it's nothing compared to either Perfect Dark or the nightmare difficulty on Aliens vs Predator. No checkpoints? I'd rather have unlimited enemies with a good underhook throw than have to restart the entire mission every single time.

Personally I don't care. MW2 was too easy on Veteran. WaW at least kicked my ass a few times which is what I expect from the hardest difficulty on a game. People seem to think they should just be handed these achievements...

Besides, it's nothing compared to either Perfect Dark or the nightmare difficulty on Aliens vs Predator. No checkpoints? I'd rather have unlimited enemies with a good underhook throw than have to restart the entire mission every single time.

I agree, I'll take the endless amounts of grenades over no checkpoints any day. Although I would appreciate more of a COD4 difficulty, relentless AI with perfect accuracy and the like.

I have beaten Cod 2 through MW2 on the Veteran difficulty and I hated WaW on Vet. I can live with infinite enemies, but please take away the grenade spam. Like DM said, it is fun for awhile, then soon after it becomes a chore and takes the fun out of it. I agree with an earlier post, I think the CoD on Vet was the best.

You mean like CoD4?

CoD4 got the difficulty right, hard with really hard bits at times (fuck you Ferris wheel show down!) finite spawns, sensible grenades. Awesome.

Haven't played cod4 but from what I've seen from it, yeah. They are using the same cod4 base for the campaign so it should have a similar difficulty. I'm kinda hoping that you can't take as much bullet damage without dying like in mw2. In cod5, 3 or 4 shots and you died. In mw2, you could accept a magazine to your head and still not need to recover health.

modern warfare 2 was a good campaign not bad waw was messed up im still at this part where there is enemies in the cave like thing i can't see them and when i go inside they throw grenades like crazy shooting like crazy my teammates do nothing i need a modern warfare 2 partner.

modern warfare 2 was a good campaign not bad waw was messed up im still at this part where there is enemies in the cave like thing i can't see them and when i go inside they throw grenades like crazy shooting like crazy my teammates do nothing i need a modern warfare 2 partner.

The story of WaW so much better than MW2. WaW wasn't messed up. What the hell do you expect for Veteran - "YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE". Come on people, use your heads. It was hard, but MW2 doesn't deserve the Not Survive title.

I didn't have a problem with WAW on Veteran, I didn't see any more or less grenades than I did in CoD4. That said, they'll probably go for an easiest COD6 styled campaign since it appeals to the casuals more which are the bulk of the player base.

Anything is better than the older CODs though, COD3 was just too much.