PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 3's Painkiller

SebastianSB
08-20-2010, 08:16 PM
According to the in-game difficulty ratings, anyway. Maximum difficulty for every instrument.

Phish - Llama

YouTube- Phish~ Llama

JohnnyR74
08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
This song is great, I've been listening to it like crazy for the last couple of days. One big jam session = awesome. Unlike Painkiller, this song actually deserves its max-difficulty ratings.

SebastianSB
08-20-2010, 11:33 PM
This song is great, I've been listening to it like crazy for the last couple of days. One big jam session = awesome. Unlike Painkiller, this song actually deserves its max-difficulty ratings.

Agreed. I still get annoyed by the fact that bass is labeled as impossible on Painkiller. If they really wanted to rank a song as being impossible on every instrument it should have been Panic Attack at least.

ponypo2001
08-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Agreed. I still get annoyed by the fact that bass is labeled as impossible on Painkiller. If they really wanted to rank a song as being impossible on every instrument it should have been Panic Attack at least.

Agreed. The bass on Painkiller is so easy it's laughable. The bass on this Phish song however is a LOT more challenging (at least on real bass). Hope they chart this one right, it could prove quite a treat.

DOOKH8R
08-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Its not going to be a 12 minute live version is it?

How 'bout some dlc with Phish rocking Gin & Juice

SebastianSB
08-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Its not going to be a 12 minute live version is it?

How 'bout some dlc with Phish rocking Gin & Juice

Do you already know about Wilson (Live)?

jj1993
08-21-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm really not looking forward to playing that XD I'm the kind of guy who is good enough to pass Expert, but never truly blitz it. Although, I'll happy listen to this song all day.

Inferno9000
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Agreed. The bass on Painkiller is so easy it's laughable. The bass on this Phish song however is a LOT more challenging (at least on real bass). Hope they chart this one right, it could prove quite a treat.

Bass on this sounds hard, but Bass on Roundabout professional should blow our MINDS. And keyboard I don't even want to think about.

ponypo2001
08-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Bass on this sounds hard, but Bass on Roundabout professional should blow our MINDS. And keyboard I don't even want to think about.

Indeed. Chris Squire is a bass legend and the bassline from Roundabout is just pure win. My only fear is I can't see how we'll replicate these songs on the guitars that are released for the game. Please Madcatz, release a bass peripheral down the line.

Straylow
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, couldn't you just use the same pro guitar being released except just drop the two high strings when playing? Sure it's not the most authentic experience, but it would probably work until they release a replica pro bass controller. They don't even have a release date yet for the Squier replica guitar so it might be a while.

Song is going to kill my leg the first time I try this on drums, I just know it. I think I might just stick to guitar/bass and, when I work my way up, keyboard.

ponypo2001
08-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, couldn't you just use the same pro guitar being released except just drop the two high strings when playing? Sure it's not the most authentic experience, but it would probably work until they release a replica pro bass controller. They don't even have a release date yet for the Squier replica guitar so it might be a while.

Song is going to kill my leg the first time I try this on drums, I just know it. I think I might just stick to guitar/bass and, when I work my way up, keyboard.

Certainly, yes, but it's more the thin nature of the strings. I'll be tempted to try and put some bass strings on the guitar so I could play based on the style of song. I'm sure I'll adapt though.

SebastianSB
08-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Certainly, yes, but it's more the thin nature of the strings. I'll be tempted to try and put some bass strings on the guitar so I could play based on the style of song. I'm sure I'll adapt though.

If the strings will fit then that should work. The technology in the guitar is based on the position of your fingers rather than the what the notes will sound like when played normally. As a result you also don't have to tune your guitar.

SnowSHOWERS
08-23-2010, 07:36 PM

Being a bass player i'd love this and have been complaining about the lack of a controller or real bass peripheral... unfortunately this idea won't work because of the bridge not having wide enough slots on a guitar to allow bass strings to fit and even then the spacing of the fat bass strings wouldn't give the correct feel.

And from my understanding don't remember the sourse but the bass track for professional will vary between 4-6 strings depending on the bass the actual artist is using. This would add some troubles for me seeing as i use only a 5 string so the sixth would be a new challange...

ponypo2001
08-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Being a bass player i'd love this and have been complaining about the lack of a controller or real bass peripheral... unfortunately this idea won't work because of the bridge not having wide enough slots on a guitar to allow bass strings to fit and even then the spacing of the fat bass strings wouldn't give the correct feel.

And from my understanding don't remember the sourse but the bass track for professional will vary between 4-6 strings depending on the bass the actual artist is using. This would add some troubles for me seeing as i use only a 5 string so the sixth would be a new challange...

Well the way I was kinda thinking was to use say D and G strings as they are thinner and would probably stretch across ok. Wouldn't be the same but it'd feel a little more authentic.

Very interesting to read your last part. I only play on 4 string at the mo and to a basic level. It's certainly going to be a good challenge and if it goes even part-way to helping play the real instrument, I'll be elated.

I have a feeling down the line Madcatz may do a bass peripheral or perhaps there will be some support to hook up a real bass. It makes sense them not making a bass as the majority of people play guitar or drums. Would still be amazing if they did cater to the bassists though. After all, without the bass player, you haven't got a song =)

DOOKH8R
08-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Do you already know about Wilson (Live)?

From Bonnaroo?

Back OT, sorta, Mike Gordon is a wicked banjo player and his bass skills are tremendous. As much as he wishes, he's no Phil Lesh though.

Steadysphere
08-27-2010, 10:30 AM
One thing I never understood is why Satch Boogie is 'lower' down the list in band quickplay than Painkiller, making it the hardest band song. It's only Devil tier on band and guitar!

TheOriginal561
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
i really dont care for that song which is sad but listening to it reminds me of a red hot chili peppers song with a vocalist who i can tolerate, keyboards, and better guitar work. just the drum part is making me uneasy a little.

I wont put a final judgement till i play the damn game though so please so harsh words for me

Lovy4
09-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Cool that they finally incorporated Phish into RB
Not cool that it is the "Painkiller" if you will of the game... The energy isn't there like Painkiller or Won't Get Fooled Again.... idk it just seems like oh heres the end credits, see if you can do THIS?!

bigsilentrob
09-28-2010, 06:19 PM

No doubt. I can get through expert bass on Painkiller, but I can't on Panic Attack.