PDA

View Full Version : Anything I should know before I start?

OMGLOL1111
08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
I checked the guides quick before starting, so I know i can miss 3 bobbleheads.

Other than that? Is there any roadmap out there to make sure I dont miss anything? Any particular order I should do any quests?

Jellybean468
08-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I checked the guides quick before starting, so I know i can miss 3 bobbleheads.

Other than that? Is there any roadmap out there to make sure I dont miss anything? Any particular order I should do any quests?

I'd follow this (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113152) guide as you progress through the game. The other one didn't inform me of a bobblehead, and now I'm going to have to start a new game. Sigh.

Also, never EVER get rid of the Assault Rifle, Chinese Assault Rifle or Hunting Rifle. Pro weapons are pro.

OMGLOL1111
08-21-2010, 10:11 PM
so i do the quests in the same order presented in the guide??

True I Skill
08-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Save ALOT
You can make alot of mistakes that cant be changed after they are done. So save alot so you can check out both options before proceeding. Also the Karma acheivments can be missable. So read up on them on the guide. The guide pretty much tells you everything you need to know abou the acheivments. The quest order does not matter. Although i strongly suggest starting at Megaton. Talk to alot of people there and they will have quests for you. I always start there and the first few quests you get from megaton normaly level you up and show you arround the wasteland pretty good.

Collect anything worth Caps! Every time before i go out on a quest or even just randomly walking arround. I choose my weapons and drop anything that is heavy off at my house. So i can carry lots of items. Search places carfully and take your time going through everything. Alot of it is expensive. if it weigh's nothing pick it up. They can all be sold for caps, If the people you sell them to run out of caps store them in your house and sell them next time. I have a giant build up of random junk at my house waiting to be sold.

I dont think theres much else that can be said. Just follow the acheivment guide to not miss acheivments and go through old threads on this section of the forums to pick up little tips people post now and again.

Jellybean468
08-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Oh, and DON'T do anything to the bomb in Megaton. Save before you reach levels 8, 14 and 20 (and make sure you are a good character, much much easier) and then blow up the bomb for neutral and bad karma achievements. Then reload your save. Rinse and repeat ;)

OMGLOL1111
08-22-2010, 12:29 AM
My god, too late, i already defused the bomb... but blowing it goves you both neutral and bad karma?!?

Jellybean468
08-22-2010, 12:31 AM
My god, too late, i already defused the bomb... but blowing it goves you both neutral and bad karma?!?

Oh well, I defused it too and I did ok. It's just easier that way.

Planting it will send you down to almost bad karma if you're very good, and murder a few people on top of that and bad-a-bing bad-a-boom. ;)

OMGLOL1111
08-22-2010, 01:02 AM
oh, and if i revert and dont disarm the bomb for the karma technique, i wont have a house right?

would it still be worth it?

True I Skill
08-22-2010, 01:09 AM
oh, and if i revert and dont disarm the bomb for the karma technique, i wont have a house right?

Well.
I went through the game twice defusing and blowing the bomb up at the beggining.
Getting your karma up or down isnt that bad. Just plan out your karma acheivments. As soon as i hit the rank before my next karma acheivment I would make lots of new saves throughout that level. Because i played as a good character a little while before leveling up I would go on a innocent people killing spree, and just do bad things. Then find a way to get xp, You could do a quest and then Not complete it. then you can always go back to that quest and win the quest for alot of XP to boost the Bar up once you've got the karma at the right one.
Its just a little more tricky. But not impossible. I personaly would prefer the house as my playing style just involves collecting alot of stuff. If your more of a take what you need and leave the rest sort of player then the house isnt that useful.

Death Metal Jim
08-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Here's one that I didn't find on too many guides until after the fact it happened to me. Once you rescue those two little fucks from Germantown HQ make sure you stick around Bigtown to help them defend it from Super Mutants. I made the mistake of taking off to do something else after I dropped them off there, and when I came back the whole fucking community was gone. I mean, it didn't really effect anything achievement wise (even Strictly Business, it'll just have you enslave the other three and you'll still get the achievement), but it was still a pain in the ass, especially since I didn't have a save that was recent at the time :mad:.

Jellybean468
08-22-2010, 11:40 AM

I'm saying you save before you blow up the bomb and when you have achieved the good karma achievement. Then blow up the bomb, commit a few murders here and there, and you have your other two. It goes like this:

Save when close to level 8 with good karma > get good karma achievement > revert save > blow up bomb for neutral karma and DON'T SAVE > revert save > blow up bomb and murder for bad karma and DON'T SAVE > revert save
Therefore when you reload your save you'll be good again and the bomb won't have been touched. And you can rinse and repeat the process for 14 and 20, and if you have the DLC's, 30. And the bomb will still be there to blow up, and you'll have still gotten your achievement.

Also, I should note that there are a few evil quests that net you achievements that can hinder your karma. 'Strictly Business' is one of them and requires you to enslave people. I saved before I did this quest, and when I got my achievement reverted back again so it didn't hurt my karma.

OMGLOL1111
08-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Save when close to level 8 with good karma > get good karma achievement > revert save > blow up bomb for neutral karma and DON'T SAVE > revert save > blow up bomb and murder for bad karma and DON'T SAVE > revert save

Yeah thanks, I got that part...

I revert to near the whole begining, when i just got out of the vault...

I chose the perk to boost my intelligence to 9 and went straight to get the bobblehead in rivet city to get it to 10 before i even got to LV3 like it was suggested in the character guide on youtube to get maximum points when leveling up...

only part i didnt like is i play the whole game without having a house lol!

but thanks for the tips

Deadly Moves
08-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Im sure its only 2 missible bobbleheads. But i could be wrong.

My advice would be...
-Dont ruin the experience by constantly following a guide. Just have fun playing through it descovering places and missions in what ever order they natrually come. only refer to a guide if your not sure about something.

-Save before every mission.

- If you have all the dlc.. Do Project Anchorage 1st to get the beasty Power Armor early. Then the Pitt or Point Lookout. bcos that have some great weapons.

- Collect EVERY Nuka-Cola Quantum(bright blue cola bottles) you find. and dont drink or sell them. you'll need 30 for a mission that gets you the schematics for the Nuka-Bombs(And its related to an acheev)

- The Repair skill is very usefull. you can pick up say... 3 Chinese Assualt Rifles from dead enemies and mix them together to up there condition and damage output. Plus its a good way of making caps. By picking up several of the same weapon, repairing them to up there value and then trade them in.

-Stay "Good" its easier to quickly go "Evil" for the lvl 8,14,20 and 30 acheevs, than it is to earn good karma

OMGLOL1111
08-22-2010, 05:12 PM
- If you have all the dlc.. Do Project Anchorage 1st to get the beasty Power Armor early. Then the Pitt or Point Lookout. bcos that have some great weapons.

yeah i have all of them, i got GOTY edition.

thanks for the tips!

Sentry
08-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Here's one that I didn't find on too many guides until after the fact it happened to me. Once you rescue those two little fucks from Germantown HQ make sure you stick around Bigtown to help them defend it from Super Mutants. I made the mistake of taking off to do something else after I dropped them off there, and when I came back the whole fucking community was gone. I mean, it didn't really effect anything achievement wise (even Strictly Business, it'll just have you enslave the other three and you'll still get the achievement), but it was still a pain in the ass, especially since I didn't have a save that was recent at the time :mad:.

I just walked out of Bigtown and two Super Mutants just stroll up and I defeated them. For my tips, Operation Anchorage got me from Level 4 to Level 10. Anchorage gives you weapons and heals so don't worry if you think you won't be a high enough level. Same goes for Mothership Zeta. Save like they said (I have 32 saves from one playthrough with 19 hours playtime) Basically, don't rely on auto-save and don't give up if you die.

BelatedHero
08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
As for the karma based level achievements. Here is how I did it.

1) Save all your scrap metal
2) Save all your purified water (you can get 5 from your robot butler every few days)
3) When you get about 2/3 the way through the level prior to hitting the achievement level, save your game (save A).
4) turn in your scrap metal at megaton for no cash reward (the karma and experience will push you over and you'll get the good achievement)
5) reload from Save "A"
6) Head to any town except megaton, slaughter all the innocents (Republic of Dave,Big Town,Rivet City,Canterbury Commons) until you are evil. If the exp from killing pushes you over too soon, steal anything you can find to lose karma instead.
7) return to megaton, Save game "B"
8) Turn in purified water to the beggar out front until you are neutral.
9) Turn in your scrap metal and take the cash reward (you will get no karma and the experience will kick you over for the neutral achievement)
10) reload Save "B"
11) Turn in your scrap metal for a cash reward to get your evil achievement
12) Reload game "A" and play as normal (I deleted game "B" so I wouldn't accidentally go back to it)

There may be a better way, but this is how I did it. Eventually you'll have hundreds of scrap metal and you'll get thousands of XP at a turn-in.