PDA

View Full Version : American Carnage 2010 review...Oh and I met Dave Mustaine!

Afro Ninja
08-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Yesterday, I went to the American Carnage tour and I met Dave Mustaine. I met Dave at a Borders in Chicago. He was signing his new autobiography book (MUSTAINE: A Heavy Metal Memoir [Hardcover]), so I decided why don't I buy one so I could meet him (And the book was great by the way, it reminds me a little of my childhood). So I went to the Borders (Wearing my MegaFanClub T-shirt) and I was waiting in line (as there was a lot Megadeth fans waiting to get their book signed too). Finally at 2:00, I got there. I saw him, he was actually in a really good mood! He was smiling the whole time. So I gave him my book, he asked me what my favorite song by Megadeth was (I told him Bad Omen) and he smiled and shook hands with me after he signed my book.

The concert was amazing (Besides the terrible venue)! I saw my three favorite Thrash Metal bands (Slayer, Megadeth, and Testament)! It was a dream come true!

First band was Testament. They kicked ass! Sadly, they never did Souls of Black. My favorite song they performed was Into The Pit. Testament did a great job! Enough said.

Second band was Megadeth. They had the best stage effects. They pretty much did all the songs on the Rust In Peace album, two songs on Peace Sells...But Who's Buying, and like 5 songs on Endgame. And like Iron Maiden would do with Eddie ever since 1983, they had Vic Rattlehead (Their mascot) come on stage during Dawn Patrol. I remember when after like five songs, they said "Well that was our last song" (Same thing Ozzy did) and the crowd was like "What the fuck???". After like two minutes, everyone was taking a break getting food or using the bathroom and all of a sudden the giant curtain fell down and Megadeth was right there with a whole different background of the their album cover Endgame (Before it was Rust In Peace)! Dave also had a different guitar then before, this time he had an orange double neck guitar. They also literally almost performed Symphony of Destruction perfectly. I also got some pictures:
Megadeth's mascot (Vic Rattlehead) when he came on stage.

Just some random picture I took of Megadeth. :p

Third (and last) band was Slayer. Slayer was my favorite. They just did a phenomenal job! The curtain started flashing and a bunch of "Slayer"s started showing on it. Everyone was excited to see Slayer (Including me). Man, I wish I could've recoded the mosh pit that was going on during Raining Blood :p Here's the stuff I recorded though:
YouTube- Start Of Slayer Live At The American Carnage In Chicago 2010

YouTube- American Carnage, Slayer - Skeletons of Society Live In Chicago 2010

My favorite performance in order:
1. Slayer
2. Megadeth
3. Testament
All three of them did amazing in my opinion though.

Each band's setlist:

Testament:
For the Glory Of...
More Than Meets the Eye
Henchmen Ride
F.E.A.R.
Into The Pit
The Formation of Damnation
Afterlife
Leave Me Forever

Megadeth:
Holy War...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!
Take No Prisoners
Rust in Peace... Polaris
Tornado of Souls
Lucretia
Poison was the Cure
Dawn Patrol
Five Magics
Head Crusher
Endgame
Tout le Monde
Trust
Symphony of Destruction
When
1000 Times Goodbye
Peace Sells

Slayer:
World Painted Blood
Unit 731
Psychopathy Red
War Ensemble
Not of This God
Hate Worldwide
Snuff
Playing With Dolls
South of Heaven
Eyes of the Insane
Dead Skin Mask
Spirit in Black
Expendable Youth
Skeletons of Society
Blood Red
Seasons in the Abyss
Raining Blood
Angel of Death

Well, that's my review. Great concert. Terrible Venue though.

Santaslave
08-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Testament played F.E.A.R.? Hell yeah, that's my favorite off their latest album, too bad they didn't play more of their older stuff. And Mustaine played a double neck guitar? Didn't see that coming, haha.

Can't wait to see these 3 next friday, Slayer's gonna make an insane mosh pit around here, I'm sure.

Afro Ninja
08-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Testament played F.E.A.R.? Hell yeah, that's my favorite off their latest album, too bad they didn't play more of their older stuff. And Mustaine played a double neck guitar? Didn't see that coming, haha.

Can't wait to see these 3 next friday, Slayer's gonna make an insane mosh pit around here, I'm sure. Niether did I, Haha. And yeah, Slayer is know to literally have the most violent mosh pits.

Burning Karma
08-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Megadeth played before Slayer? Meh.

Also, fuck you for meeting Mustaine. :mad:
I still kick myself for not doing it when I had the chance.

Santaslave
08-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Oh on a side note, Megadeth played Rust in Peace...Polaris?! Wow they barely ever played that song live! You're lucky dude.

Gorilla Stomper
08-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Slayer is know to literally have the most violent mosh pits.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, I think I just coughed up a lung.

Burning Karma
08-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Oh on a side note, Megadeth played Rust in Peace...Polaris?! Wow they barely ever played that song live! You're lucky dude.
Except on their 20th anniversay of Rust in Peace tour earlier in the year. ;)

Tussell
08-23-2010, 03:34 AM
Niether did I, Haha. And yeah, Slayer is know to literally have the most violent mosh pits.
Who says that? LMAO

Afro Ninja
08-31-2010, 05:04 AM
Who says that? LMAO
Lot's of people who go to concerts...damn, and I'm quite amazed you didn't know that Slayer had violent mosh pits Tussell!

Megadeth played before Slayer? Meh.
Who cares dude! It was awesome!

dd316
08-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Megadeth is playing all of Rust In Peace, and Slayer is playing all of Season In The Abyss on this tour. I thought that was common knowledge?

I saw this tour a couple weeks ago in NJ. Slayer ruled, but Megadeth's sound was god-awful during Rust In Peace. When they came back for their second set the sound was much better, but it kinda sucked because it was pretty generic. What the heck?

Burning Karma
09-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Who cares dude! It was awesome!
My point was Slayer should open for Megadeth. But hey, them playing last lets you leave early.

Afro Ninja
09-01-2010, 04:40 AM
My point was Slayer should open for Megadeth. But hey, them playing last lets you leave early.
What do you have against Slayer!?

Burning Karma
09-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Their anti-Christian rhetoric gets tiring. Very quickly.

BedCommando
09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
I went to this when they went to Toronto, and Mustaine's a dick. When i met him backstage, he only shot me textbook questions like "Favourite song and album". Then he pretty much brushed me aside.
Chuck Billy? Got a buddyhug from him just like at the Metal Masters tour in '08, and we talked for afew moments. Good fan service from all of Testament and Slayer.

Afro Ninja
09-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I went to this when they went to Toronto, and Mustaine's a dick. When i met him backstage, he only shot me textbook questions like "Favourite song and album". Then he pretty much brushed me aside.
Chuck Billy? Got a buddyhug from him just like at the Metal Masters tour in '08, and we talked for afew moments. Good fan service from all of Testament and Slayer. That doesn't mean he's a dick, dude. Maybe he was in a hurry because usually when I go to "meet n' greet"s with other artists, they always do that. I remember Paul Gilbert didn't even talk to me, he just took the card and signed it. But I'm sorry you didn't get to meet him the way you expected to.
Their anti-Christian rhetoric gets tiring. Very quickly. They don't do that anymore. I think they really only used their satanism-themes on like their first four or five albums.

Gorilla Stomper
09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
They don't do that anymore. I think they really only used their satanism-themes on like their first four or five albums.

Anti-Christian isn't Satanism.

dd316
09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Their anti-Christian rhetoric gets tiring. Very quickly.
And so does Metallica's claiming their newest albums are their heaviest yet.:rolleyes:

Burning Karma
09-04-2010, 03:46 PM
And so does Metallica's claiming their newest albums are their heaviest yet.:rolleyes:
Yeah, it really does, doesn't it? Considering they've only put out two albums since the start of the 21st century. :rolleyes:

dd316
09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it really does, doesn't it? Considering they've only put out two albums since the start of the 21st century. :rolleyes:
Hey, you said "very quickly."

FoxRacing1234
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm assuming it was at the Aragon Ballroom. I hate that place. The sound usually sucks balls. Seriously.

Afro Ninja
09-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Anti-Christian isn't Satanism. It depends what Satanism you're talking about. LaVeyan Satanism isn't anti-Christian yes...

Gorilla Stomper
09-09-2010, 03:59 AM
It depends what Satanism you're talking about. LaVeyan Satanism isn't anti-Christian yes...

No, Satanism isn't anti-Christian.

Anti-Christian is anti-Christian. Satanism is merely worshipping Satan rather than God.

For the record I believe in neither, I think they're both stupid.