PDA

View Full Version : so whats the verdict is this game any good

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
08-21-2010, 11:54 PM
im still waiting for the demo to download and i didnt follow this up to release apart from heard it advertised here and there. saw one video.

how are you guys finding it and how much content/hours of play can you get out of it.

Wicelow
08-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I believe there is already a topic for that somewhere...

But to answer your question : the game is brilliant !
With a strong TR feeling to look everywhere to find relics and stuffs, and the simple, yet very fun, gameplay this game is a must have !!
Not your typical TR game, but still, you won't be lost if you're a long time fan.

I've just completed the game yesterday in about 6 hours.
And I'll probably have to double that to get every collectible.
So for 1200msp, it's really good.

Chojin
08-22-2010, 02:04 PM
And I'll probably have to double that to get every collectible.

true that......just went through the first level three times in a row and still can't find the final skull and relic i need.....i think there's even another power up I can't locate!

neverendr
08-23-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm enjoying it quite a lot, I haven't fully completed it since I've been replaying missions after I beat them to do time challenges I missed or relics / skulls I didn't manage to find. I like to replay things while they're still very fresh in my mind, makes it a lot smoother imo.

At any rate, I find the game brilliant, the controls are very tight, nice graphics, tons of replay value for the challenges and such...I highly recommend it.

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-23-2010, 02:07 AM
having bought all the summer of arcade games I can say this is by far the best one, especially when played in coop....heck it up there with my favorite XBLA games of all time

and cant beat the free 1st dlc well be getting

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
08-23-2010, 06:37 AM
finally got the demo and had a blast got all the challenges except time in the first level and all the skulls. will definately be a buy

Magespower
08-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Yeah it's by far one of the better of this years summer of arcade games I'm liking it alot can't wait for online coop and free dlc

LongtimeSpanky
08-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey

The game is great. Even with out the live coop (sorry had to mention that, after playing the first two levels of the game you can really see that this game was designed to be played with two players. plus some of the coop moves are awesome) it is great.
The controls are nice and responsive (my only niggle is the delay between blowing up a bomb and being able to plant a new one), the weapons are fantastic. The puzzle elements are very well done as there is usually more than one solution to a problem (pity Lara cannot stand on a ball and walk it around though :p). The Challenges are well implemented and some are very challenging but as you pull of challenge after challenge it gives you alot of confidence to move onto the next one (positive mental attitude).

My best in show for the Summer of arcade selection.

With the promise of 5 DLC packs and the great time you can have playing the game it is well worth the 1200 points.

I really hope someone comes up with the idea of a I really hope someone comes up with the idea of a Resident Evil game similar to this er hold on I think I just did...
(javascript: leoHighlightsIFrameClose();)

Velvet Kao
09-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I think it's a really straightforward, great little game. A lot of fun and quite addictive. Got 11/12 achievements now and hoping to 100% (:

SirVexBruzer
09-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Ehh. A $15 headache to me. I could find better ways to spend that $.

Juggernautroar
09-06-2010, 01:09 AM
quite enjoying it. played better, but played much much worse. doesnt feel like the old tomb raider at all tho, except for lara and the looks of the levels

HellspawnRei
09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Being a Tomb Raider fan from the start (1996),i was really curious to see this new style for Lara.Its a good one,well spend 1200 msp.

Bajan Elite
09-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Well despite the fact that its an unfinished game, with the online version of co-op not included. Its fun, looks great, plays great mostly a few annoyances with the aiming. It would have been nice if when you aimed at an enemy the were highlighted by a red halo so you know you definately had them in your sights. I hate firing my rockets only to miss, it doesn't happen often but when it does happen it annoys me.

XxStuartxX 1990
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Ill proably get this but not until it is finished :~P