PDA

View Full Version : Easter Egg

QuiCkz AleX
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Mobile's House

In Level 6, look for a house in the background after getting the key and fighting the wolverines. Walk along the top of the screen to find a secret entrance to the house. Here you can buy food and a special training manual for a unique move ($57.50).

QuiCkz AleX
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Wallace Wells' Secret Shop

There is a secret shop, River City Ransom-style, in the Shopping District of the Frozen Suburbs. Look for a ramp down to an underpass. A star is painted on the rear wall. Approach this star and the cement panel will open like a door. Inside you can find powerful, but expensive, items.

Doktor Wilhelm
08-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Only two easter eggs in the whole game? I'd have thought there would be more. :D

Just a random question; what's the double (and in the case of the Cheats thread: Quadruple) posting all about? You could fit this all into one post and have room for more, plus it wouldn't be nearly as distracting as seperating each egg/cheat into a different post!

freeleeday
08-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Only two easter eggs in the whole game? I'd have thought there would be more. :D

Just a random question; what's the double (and in the case of the Cheats thread: Quadruple) posting all about? You could fit this all into one post and have room for more, plus it wouldn't be nearly as distracting as seperating each egg/cheat into a different post!

He's clearly trying to get his post count up? 6 posts in what could've been done in 2.

Leopold Kain
08-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Whats up with the radio station to the left on the world map is that a Egg? or am I missing something

Doktor Wilhelm
08-25-2010, 09:33 PM
He's clearly trying to get his post count up? 6 posts in what could've been done in 2.
Yeah, though it could have even been done in one post, titled "Cheats & Easter Eggs". :D

Whats up with the radio station to the left on the world map is that a Egg? or am I missing something

It's the sound test, you access it via a cheat (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3431388&postcount=1).

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Anyone here ever see the movie Christine? About the car that comes to life? I think the front of the limo in Stage 3 is a reference to that.

-GJ-
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Anyone here ever see the movie Christine? About the car that comes to life? I think the front of the limo in Stage 3 is a reference to that.

Isn't that just a reference to KITT from Knight Rider?

mcnichoj
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Anyone here ever see the movie Christine? About the car that comes to life? I think the front of the limo in Stage 3 is a reference to that.I thought that was a Knight Rider reference:
http://media.comicmix.com/media/2008/09/26/knight-rider-02.jpg

There's tons of EE in the game, these are just the two "secret" shops.

EASTENDENT
08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Damn no Christine? :(

ShinobiSteve81
08-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, right when I saw it I thought KITT because of the lights in the front.

Son of Kyuss
08-25-2010, 11:19 PM
The best ones I've seen so far are the Pi building and the fact that the pause menu music is an homage to Battletoads.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Whoops, wrong movie. lol.

jacobedmcmillan
08-26-2010, 01:55 AM
The obvious Mario one, the Mario blocks in subspace, KITT, Battletoads pause music, Dr. Wileyesque ending with Gideon, the TMNT inspired last level and some enemies from it, the pi shop, the sweet Twin Dragons achievement from the comic, head stop combo definitely another Mario reference, Guitar Hero. One I really liked is that women ninjas are not these hot women in skimpy outfits but they're really fat women.

Son of Kyuss
08-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Just noticed one that was very obvious, if you look in the window of No Discount Video Store outside, you'll see the cover of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World in the upper left corner.

Another one is the title of Ken and Kyle's robot you fight, Super Fighting Robot was a phrase used repeatedly in the Mega Man cartoons during the 90s

YouTube- The Original Megaman Opening

Todaysforgotten
08-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Wallace Wells' Secret Shop

There is a secret shop, River City Ransom-style, in the Shopping District of the Frozen Suburbs. Look for a ramp down to an underpass. A star is painted on the rear wall. Approach this star and the cement panel will open like a door. Inside you can find powerful, but expensive, items.

I thought this shop was Link inspired.

Tapion
08-27-2010, 12:10 AM
The Twin's, Dragon's Den level is just how the last level of Double Dragon is. Or resembled it to me at least.

KingSigy
08-27-2010, 07:13 AM
When running away from Todd Ingram (in the section before the bass battle), you can see posters for "Clash at Demonhead" from the movie.

ShinobiSteve81
08-27-2010, 05:08 PM
And there's the band Crash and the Boys, which CATB Street Challenge was a NES game done by River City Ransom peoples. And the little Link lookin fellers with bags of gold ala Golden Axe. I remember in the Halloween party level some costumes were game inspired as well. Just too many fun little nods to games and easter eggs to list lol.

Gamechamp
08-27-2010, 09:52 PM
*Book spoilers*

The cyborg girl's (forgot her name) arm falls off during her death animation. In the book, she gets her arm chopped off.

When you beat Todd, you get an extra life.

The ninja girl ex (I'm bad with names. <_<) exploding into animals is a reference to the books, and both are a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog.

Robots don't drop money. Scott complained about that in the books.

Many of the stores are from the books, with appropriate characters working there.

Scott's Late Fees is a rather hilarious reference to his late fees at the same video store in the books.

The map screen is very similar to Super Mario World's, as is the destruction of the building at the end similar to the destruction of castles in that game.

Also, I'm sure there's references to Paul Robertson's other works around there, but I haven't seen them recently enough to notice. But the way Todd transforms into a super monster thingy for that super attack of his definitely wasn't in the books.

MADasaHatter
08-27-2010, 11:35 PM
*Book spoilers*

The cyborg girl's (forgot her name) arm falls off during her death animation. In the book, she gets her arm chopped off.

Robots don't drop money. Scott complained about that in the books.

Also, I'm sure there's references to Paul Robertson's other works around there, but I haven't seen them recently enough to notice. But the way Todd transforms into a super monster thingy for that super attack of his definitely wasn't in the books.

The CADH drummer and Envy fight is totally the arcade TMNT fight of Bebop and Rocksteady. They fight one at a time and then fight each other as they're finally defeated. I totally LOL'd during the whole thing.

The Robot thing I forgot about from the books. Even I was like "Aw. Robots don't drop money?" lol

And yeah, Todd's vegan attack was totally not in the book, but was totally a nod to Akira.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/8073/japall1.jpg

MADasaHatter
08-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Just found a few others:

One of the stores in the shopping district is called Mechafetus Toys (it's near Flatiron). That's the brainchild of the game's lead animator (who also did the little bit for the movie's closing credits AND the guy who shared all of his great animations most of us are rocking as avatars)
<------------

The Space Highways are dreams from the book (and movie). The first space highway is the desolate area where Scott first sees Ramona. The highway in the Halloween Party stage is the second classroom dream that Ramona delivers a package from.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-28-2010, 01:38 AM
When you go into Wallace's Secret Shop, you can see a Blue Turtle Shell from Mario Kart (without spikes though) in the bottom right corner.

Link Highwind
08-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Speaking of Clash at Demonhead... that was an insanely unforgiving game on the NES, which on the Halloween Party stage someone is dressed up as the hero from it.
Guy in red, with blue/black hair and a gun in his hand.

Mzo
08-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I thought this shop was Link inspired.

Nope, it's River City Ransom. That game also had a hidden store with the most powerful items in the same place inside a tunnel.

Not like the entire game isn't a huge homage to RCR, but the Flatirons Book Store is straight out of that game as well.

Auburok
08-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Some good ones here!

Edgar Wright is the director in the movie level that barks on the megaphone.

The Zombies are a reference to Paul Robertson's Pirate Baby Cabana Battle movie, and the girl zombies are in the style of Mariel Cartwright's (entrails hanging out all over the place) who also worked on the game.

Scott's second Tech Attack is his punch from when he rescued Kim in Book 2.

I'm sure I've seen more not listed here but can't think of them off the top of my head.

EDIT:
Also, the stats are mostly from the books when Scott leveled up. Heart, rather than health, guts, strength, etc.

The exits are mostly from video games when characters beat a level. Steven Stills uses a Mario warp pipe, Kim uses a Kirby warp star, and Scott teleports like Mega Man. Ramona uses her bag of holding from the books.

Danteire
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
In the secret shop, Wallace sells you "Speedy the Porcupine".

The albums that can be bought in the Shopping District have names such as Smashing Turnips (Smashing Pumpkins were a big influence on Bryan Lee O'Malley).

The subspace highways that resemble Rainbow Road from Mario Kart.

In the final Gideon battle, the creatures that fly across while in the subspace highway resemble enemoes from Castlevania that fly in the same weaving pattern.

MADasaHatter
08-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Start of the Halloween Party stage, there are Pac Man magnets on the fridge behind you. AND there is a pac man ghost graf in the first stage by the secret shop.

Son of Kyuss
08-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Noticed another one just now. During the credits when it shows the wolverines in the Park, the caption above one of them reads "Needs to regain it's HP". I'm pretty sure you can put two and two together to figure out what it's referring to.

MADasaHatter
08-29-2010, 02:56 AM
In the zombie stage, you can pull up a turnip ala Super Mario 2.

And Gideon's second form (the eveil ex hybrid) is fairly close to one of the bosses from Altered Beast.

Son of Kyuss
08-29-2010, 03:09 AM
And Gideon's second form (the eveil ex hybrid) is fairly close to one of the bosses from Altered Beast.

Actually, I believe it's based off of Kefka's final form from Final Fantasy VI (the bottom of the image, not the angel Kefka at the top)

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3521/6kefkab3.jpg

mcnichoj
08-29-2010, 03:17 AM
Actually, I believe it's based off of Kefka's final form from Final Fantasy VI (the bottom of the image, not the angel Kefka at the top)

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3521/6kefkab3.jpgActually, it looks like it's based off both of those. He does have wings (right?) and he has the cloth that floats around him and covers his crotch.

Chidomaru
08-29-2010, 03:48 AM
I loved all the nods to various games especially some of the Mega Man ones,

aside from the 2 already mentioned theres also:

The last subspace you go through (prior to collecting the 'Power of Love sword') where theres no music and just blobs dripping from the ceiling is a definate homage to the final section of Mega Man 2 prior to facing Dr.Wily for the final time.

Also when you enter the shop in lv.7 the Energy Tank item (with an "E" printed on it) is straight outta Mega Man ;)

Liquid-X
08-29-2010, 04:09 AM
The shop item "Never-Ending Fantasy" is an obvious homage to Final Fantasy.

The battleground where you fight Mr. Chau is either a reference to the Ryu vs Sagat battle of Street Fighter Alpha 2, or the intro to Ninja Gaiden. (Possibly both).

Son of Kyuss
08-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Look at the fishtank near the beginning of The Frying Tengu (Scott's parents are in front of it) and you'll see the crew from Finding Nemo (Pics included)

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6273/img1055eu.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6101/findingnemowallpaper800.jpg

hehehahe
08-29-2010, 06:25 AM
I noticed Todd's (the level 3 boss) has a punisher shirt on and the 4th level boss, the girl who's name I forget is very similar to Ivy's weapon from Soul Calibur

DVKNIGHT
08-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Actually Scotts headstomp move is actually homage to M BISON in Sf2 as he can double jump after and then proceed to do another one :P. As for the double jump obvious sonic reference. Gideon aswell was homage to gill from Sf3