PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help me find...

bapae
08-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Some metal (Doesnt matter what kind) bands that arnt well known but are really good like very non commercial stuff. thanks!

Burning Karma
08-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Vague post is vague.

Tussell
08-23-2010, 03:31 AM
LordGore, Cephalic Carnage (sorta commercial), Jungle Rot, 1349, Woods of Ypres, Black Light Burns (sorta commercial), are a few.

Gorilla Stomper
08-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Metal that isn't commercial...

That's impossible to do without going into subgenres.

Joker0fLife
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Early Man
By Blood And Iron
To The Lions
Salt The Wound
Old Man's Child
Chimp Spanner
Vildjharta (Maybe?)
War of Ages
Rose Funeral
Periphery (Kinda)
Oh, Sleeper
Oblige
Moria
Misery Signals (Maybe?)
Kreator
Kataklysm
It Dies Today
Iced Earth
High On Fire (Maybe?)
Baroness (Maybe?)
Here After An Odyssey
EkoTren
Bleed The Sky
Amorphis
Adversary

One I just found: Kakuna vs. Metapod...I'm soooo addicted to this song, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this band.
YouTube- Kakuna Vs Metapod - Slurry Dogs

I think that should be a good varied list of metal for you to comb through.

Tussell
08-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Kakuna VS Metapod is an awesome name, but the music doesn't really hold it up too well. A bit disappointing to say the least. If you're going to have an awesome name, have awesome music too.

bapae
08-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Metal that isn't commercial...

That's impossible to do without going into subgenres. did you read the post clearly i i said doesnt matter what kind of metal.

Joker0fLife
08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Kakuna VS Metapod is an awesome name, but the music doesn't really hold it up too well. A bit disappointing to say the least. If you're going to have an awesome name, have awesome music too.

Haha, the person who made the Youtube for the song is looking for a different more serious name. That name does rock, but it would suit a more post-hardcore band in my opinion.

Chevron411
08-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Skeletonwitch, Tyr, Soilwork, Svartsot, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Epica, Delain, KMFDM, Cradle of Filth, Cadacross, Catamenia, Apostasy, Amon Amarth, Cruachan, Crimfall, Dark Tranquillity, Equilibrium, Finntroll, Ex Deo, Kivimetsän Druidi, Machinemade God, The Absence, Windir, Nile, In Flames, Minas Tirith, Waylander, Alestorm, Carcass, Enslaved, and since I'm tired of typing look at these sites, or play Brütal Legend. http://www.nuclearblast.de/
http://www.centurymedia.com/

Note: Skip that which you know.

Neverender
08-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Some Metalcore:
The Devil Wears Prada
Parkway Drive
Converge
August Burns Red
Underoath
The Dillinger Escape Plan

Santaslave
08-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Check out:

Nevermore (Progressive Metal, really talented members, might have to get used to vocals a little)
Strapping Young Lad (Industrial Metal, frontman is a genius)
Venom (Thrash Metal at its finest)
Carcass (Their pre-Tools of the Trade stuff is Goregrind, most after is Melodic Death)

..just a couple of my faves. Nevermore is my all time favorite.

bapae
08-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Skeletonwitch, Tyr, Soilwork, Svartsot, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Epica, Delain, KMFDM, Cradle of Filth, Cadacross, Catamenia, Apostasy, Amon Amarth, Cruachan, Crimfall, Dark Tranquillity, Equilibrium, Finntroll, Ex Deo, Kivimetsän Druidi, Machinemade God, The Absence, Windir, Nile, In Flames, Minas Tirith, Waylander, Alestorm, Carcass, Enslaved, and since I'm tired of typing look at these sites, or play Brütal Legend. http://www.nuclearblast.com/
http://www.centurymedia.com/

Note: Skip that which you know. See now this i a a quatlity post ilkl deffinatly check all of these bands out.

Check out:

Nevermore (Progressive Metal, really talented members, might have to get used to vocals a little)
Strapping Young Lad (Industrial Metal, frontman is a genius)
Venom (Thrash Metal at its finest)
Carcass (Their pre-Tools of the Trade stuff is Goregrind, most after is Melodic Death)

..just a couple of my faves. Nevermore is my all time favorite. i really liked nevermore alot. ive heard venom not a big fan but there ok still need to take a listen to the other to

Joker0fLife
08-30-2010, 12:25 AM
See now this i a a quatlity post ilkl deffinatly check all of these bands out.

A lot of that post looks like Folk Metal and subgenres of it, so yeah, a lot of it isn't well known because a lot of people don't like it.

If you want bands like that look up stuff under:
Folk Metal
Celtic Metal
Viking Metal (not garbage, mostly)
Medieval Metal
Gothic Metal
Symphonic Metal

beezee_boi
08-30-2010, 12:38 AM
nobody mentioned my favorite (sad) All Shall Perish

Chevron411
08-30-2010, 02:14 AM
A lot of that post looks like Folk Metal and subgenres of it, so yeah, a lot of it isn't well known because a lot of people don't like it.
People not liking folk metal is difficult to believe, but they're entitled to their tastes. I myself hated Celtic metal until Eluveitie. And the whole subgenre bit, metal is a giant collection of subgenres. I find that the discordant sound of heavier brands of metal combined with folk influence or instruments makes it all the more primal and raw, which is one of the reasons it exploded in the last decade. Viking metal however is a fallacy, there is no way to play a guitar or drums the 'Viking' way. Lyrics don't entitle a genre.

If you really want to get obscure, black metal takes the cake. One band Drudkh from the Ukraine, no publicity, no official band site, no concerts, nada. Another band I've found is Taake. They formed during the Second Wave of black metal in Norway, I'm surprised they haven't burned a church yet.

mortug
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Slogstorm
myspace.com/slogstorm

Santaslave
08-30-2010, 08:18 PM
i really liked nevermore alot. ive heard venom not a big fan but there ok still need to take a listen to the other to

Glad to hear you liked Nevermore. Be sure to check out at least a few songs off all of their albums, because their early 1995 stuff sounds really thrashy, whereas the post-2000 stuff is very technical.

I highly recommend the "Heartwork" and "Swansong" albums by Carcass, it's their more melodic stuff, though Swansong isn't as death metal'ish.

As far as Strapping Young Lad goes, I recommend "Alien" and "City", those are their best imo.

Enjoy!

bapae
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Glad to hear you liked Nevermore. Be sure to check out at least a few songs off all of their albums, because their early 1995 stuff sounds really thrashy, whereas the post-2000 stuff is very technical.

I highly recommend the "Heartwork" and "Swansong" albums by Carcass, it's their more melodic stuff, though Swansong isn't as death metal'ish.

As far as Strapping Young Lad goes, I recommend "Alien" and "City", those are their best imo.

Enjoy! Ill for sure check some of them out.

Slogstorm
myspace.com/slogstorm you guys don't seem as crazy as most Norwegian metal bands like the one that cuts up lambs and throws the parts into the crowd. music sounds pretty good though.

mortug
09-02-2010, 05:25 AM
you guys don't seem as crazy as most Norwegian metal bands like the one that cuts up lambs and throws the parts into the crowd. music sounds pretty good though.
thank's man. we're not trying to live up to crazy ass bands like Mayhem throwing decapitated goat heads to the audience
we did indeed plan on throwing fish entrails, but we didn't think that would be much appreciated. our old music style and lyrics are about to old norse fishing culture
Slogstorm means "storming fish entrails"

bapae
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
thank's man. we're not trying to live up to crazy ass bands like Mayhem throwing decapitated goat heads to the audience
we did indeed plan on throwing fish entrails, but we didn't think that would be much appreciated. our old music style and lyrics are about to old norse fishing culture
Slogstorm means "storming fish entrails" lmfao that would be quite disgusting getting fish guts thrown at you glad you decided not to do that me and my friend want to see mayhem to watch them throw goat heads or whatever it is they do.