PDA

View Full Version : Guys in the Jackets

Nevander
08-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, this is not a racist/racism related thread, it's just a question that I'm curious to have answered or at least thought about...

So let me put this out there: NO RACIAL!!!

Anyway, has anyone figured out what the deal is with all the Black guys in the dark jackets with the yellow and orange stripes? They always pull a gun on you if you pull yours out and they always fight back. They're all over the city, maybe they're some kind of African-American anti-racism gang/organization? Sort of like a branch of the Black Panther Party maybe? Any ideas or insight on this as I've been wondering what is up with them.

One time I crashed into a couple of them in a car and they got out and started shooting up my car that I had just brought to the body shop (which is an awesome addition by the way, the first Mafia lacked car customization and clothing customization).

damtalldylan
08-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, this is not a racist/racism related thread, it's just a question that I'm curious to have answered or at least thought about...

So let me put this out there: NO RACIAL!!!

Anyway, has anyone figured out what the deal is with all the Black guys in the dark jackets with the yellow and orange stripes? They always pull a gun on you if you pull yours out and they always fight back. They're all over the city, maybe they're some kind of African-American anti-racism gang/organization? Sort of like a branch of the Black Panther Party maybe? Any ideas or insight on this as I've been wondering what is up with them.

One time I crashed into a couple of them in a car and they got out and started shooting up my car that I had just brought to the body shop (which is an awesome addition by the way, the first Mafia lacked car customization and clothing customization).

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't played the full game but I think there might be a mission or two involving the black gang. I already know there's an Irish gang.

vetteindreams
08-23-2010, 07:28 AM
i thought that they were just telling the truth - African Americans formed gangs during the 1940's - 1950's, much like gangs form today

examples include some of the most violent gangs, the Savage Skull, whose colors were red AFAIR

here's a site that talks a little bit
http://www.gripe4rkids.org/his.html