PDA

View Full Version : Korn III

Gorilla Stomper
08-23-2010, 02:32 AM
After being almost fatally disappointed with anything Korn put out after "Issues" I didn't know what to make of "Korn III: Remember Who You Are", and after listening to it, I still don't know what to make of it. It hasn't got shit on Korn's 90's material, but it's definitely better than what they've done this decade, bar "Take A Look In The Mirror", that album was badass.

I really don't know about this one, questionable. Discuss.

Tussell
08-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Damn, I'll need to check this out. I just saw them live at Mayhem and really enjoyed it. I'll have to YouTube some songs.

Opt1ckOne
08-23-2010, 03:12 AM
"Take a look in the mirror" was out after Issues and its one of my favorite Korn albums.

Since head left the band they went downhill.

Tussell
08-23-2010, 03:17 AM
They played Oildale when I saw them at Mayhem, I quite enjoyed it. After watching the official music video, I now know why they had oil machinery in the background of their set. :p

A Satyr
08-23-2010, 03:24 AM
I like it, but thats it. I dont love it like the old or hate it like the new (hates a strong word) but its alright, little on the short side though.

Joker0fLife
08-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Seeing as how Korn is the pioneer of my Metal listening (Take a Look In The Mirror kicks so much ass), I like it. It's not as memorable as Take a Look in the Mirror or Issues, but it's good and sounds nothing like Untitled. Definitely a turn in the right direction after Untitled. The CD will grow on you the more you listen to it, at least it did for me.

Listen to the bonus songs if you can, those are superb and probably the best songs on the CD.

The only CD I dislike is Untitled. I can't say See You On The Other Side was bad, because it was good music (Coming Undone, Liar, and Tearjerker we're AMAZING to name a few). Different from what they we're modeled after, but still good music. Untitled on the other hand, has 3 songs which are OK, but left me ultimately disappointed because of how much they we're straying from their old sound.

aelincorp
08-23-2010, 07:12 AM
i recently found out they were dropped from their record label after the failure of the last album Korn II. but the nice people at roadrunner gave them another chance. i think Korn III is so much better then anything theyve done recently and still has some of the sound of 90s korn. but i dont think we will hear the return of the sound of issues :(

EliteShadowMan
08-23-2010, 11:16 AM
meh, the album was ok it wasn't really good.

KSizzle
08-23-2010, 05:20 PM
I honestly didn't know they were still making records. I bought Korn, Life is Peachy, Follow the Leader and Issues back in the day. I also liked the Unplugged record they released. Then I just kinda forgot about them...I saw them live 3 times but that was years ago. One was at Project Revolution, where Linkin Park headlined but Korn had the better show by far! I will have to check this record out as well.

ginge88isfun
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
I have to say I was overly disappointed with the new Korn album, didn't sound anything like there past albums, there last good album IMO had to be "See You On The Other Side".

Gorilla Stomper
08-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Their last good album IMO had to be "See You On The Other Side".

Wow, did you really just say that?

Joker0fLife
08-30-2010, 12:00 AM

I said it too, and gave valid reasoning :p but you probably skimmed over me because of that whole no respect thing right?

Gorilla Stomper
08-30-2010, 01:45 AM
I said it too, and gave valid reasoning :p but you probably skimmed over me because of that whole no respect thing right?

Nah, I skipped straight to the bottom.

I can't rage at your posts, because there is logic in the post, bar the Machine Head thing, that my friend is unforgivable.

Anyway, you gave a reason like you said, but, you didn't really say that was the last good album they brought out, you said you couldn't call it bad, which is fair enough.

In reality, something in which I think we can all agree on, Korn haven't been good since Brian quit.

thereefernander
09-01-2010, 03:10 PM

LOL, I agree.

Afro Ninja
09-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Korn is and was always a terrible band! Seriously, they're a joke!

"Elias Pampalk said that the song (Freak On A Leash) was "rather aggressive" and said it was heavy metal/death metal." I seriously almost died of laughter when I first saw this! Who the fuck is this guy!? These guys are far from metal!

Seriously, these guys are almost just as bad as Anal Cunt!

Gorilla Stomper
09-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Korn is and was always a terrible band! Seriously, they're a joke!

Many people will disagree with you. Including me obviously.

Afro Ninja
09-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Many people will disagree with you. Including me obviously. Did I ever say people won't disagree with me? Of course not.

Gorilla Stomper
09-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Did I ever say people won't disagree with me? Of course not.

Did I say you wouldn't say people wouldn't disagree with you? No.

I assume you're in this thread purely with the intentions of pissing me off, otherwise, you have no reason to be in this thread, so would you kindly fuck off.

Afro Ninja
09-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Did I say you wouldn't say people wouldn't disagree with you? No.

I assume you're in this thread purely with the intentions of pissing me off, otherwise, you have no reason to be in this thread, so would you kindly fuck off. Says the person that pretty much did the same thing in the Bullet For My Valentine thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=225040&highlight=bullet+valentine...Exactly!

Edit: And Bullet For My Valentine is way better than Korn.

Gorilla Stomper
09-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Says the person that pretty much did the same thing in the Bullet For My Valentine thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=225040&highlight=bullet+valentine...Exactly!

Multiple people were doing that, and it was actually funny how many people were saying they are shit.

This thread actually had a discussion going in it. You've come into this thread alone to start a bonfire, sorry buddy, I just pissed on it. Try harder next time.

Always remember that "HERP DERP KORN ARE SHIT" doesn't make people angry, it just makes people laugh at you.

Edit: And Bullet For My Valentine is way better than Korn.

HAHA, yeah, right, and Jeffrey Dahmer was an upstanding member of society...

And you saying that strengthens my believe that you are infact 13 years old.

Afro Ninja
09-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Multiple people were doing that, and it was actually funny how many people were saying they are shit.

This thread actually had a discussion going in it. You've come into this thread alone to start a bonfire, sorry buddy, I just pissed on it. Try harder next time.

Always remember that "HERP DERP KORN ARE SHIT" doesn't make people angry, it just makes people laugh at you.

HAHA, yeah, right, and Jeffrey Dahmer was an upstanding member of society...

And you saying that strengthens my believe that you are infact 13 years old.
It really doesn't make a difference. I can talk as much shit about Korn in this thread as I want. It doesn't make sense that I can't shit about Korn, but you can shit about bands that I like.

Gorilla Stomper
09-04-2010, 03:32 AM
It doesn't make sense that I can't shit about Korn, but you can shit about bands that I like.

... In a thread regarding opinions on overrated "musicians". This is a thread about Korn, for people who actually like Korn. This isn't a Korn bashing thread.

Can you hear that? It's the sound of your argument collapsing in on itself.

Admit it, you're 13.

Afro Ninja
09-04-2010, 03:43 AM
... In a thread regarding opinions on overrated "musicians". This is a thread about Korn, for people who actually like Korn. This isn't a Korn bashing thread.

Can you hear that? It's the sound of your argument collapsing in on itself.

Admit it, you're 13.
So was the Bullet For My Valentine thread...

And no, the argument isn't falling apart because I can continue this all week if I wanted to.

Dude, you think that I could give a shit about you thinking that I'm 13 or not!? Go ahead, be my fucking guest! Stop bringing that "13 year old" shit into every thread as your only insult because really, from what I've noticed, that's the only thing you use for a comeback/insult. And to be honest, out of everyone on x360a, you act like the biggest 13 year old.

Gorilla Stomper
09-04-2010, 03:57 AM
So was the Bullet For My Valentine thread...

That thread was doomed before it started. The first few posts were people bashing Bullet For My Valentine, and it wasn't at all surprising, because lots of people hate that band.

And no, the argument isn't falling apart because I can continue this all week if I wanted to.

Clearly is, and having a decent argument and carrying something on all week are two different things. That's literally like an atheist having an argument with a Christian. No matter how much logic you throw their way they'll always come back with the same old bullshit from the bible, and they can keep that shit up forever.

Dude, you think that I could give a shit about you thinking that I'm 13 or not!? Go ahead, be my fucking guest! Stop bringing that "13 year old" shit into every thread as your only insult because really, from what I've noticed, that's the only thing you use for a comeback/insult.

Obviously it's getting to you, and that's exactly what I want to happen.
I call you 13 all the time because you refuse to admit it even when it's abundantly clear that you are, and it pisses you off. Great success.

And to be honest, out of everyone on x360a, you act like the biggest 13 year old.

Not really, I act my age and say what I want to people. If I was acting like a 13 year old I'd probably type everything in abbreviations and would resort to petty things like, "Ur a dik" or "Go die", but I don't, I use my brain and come up with good arguments. You on the other hand...

This thought just crossed my mind. Maybe you're sad enough to start all these arguments with me to advance your post count.

Just a thought...

Afro Ninja
09-04-2010, 04:20 AM
That thread was doomed before it started. The first few posts were people bashing Bullet For My Valentine, and it wasn't at all surprising, because lots of people hate that band.

Clearly is, and having a decent argument and carrying something on all week are two different things. That's literally like an atheist having an argument with a Christian. No matter how much logic you throw their way they'll always come back with the same old bullshit from the bible, and they can keep that shit up forever.

Obviously it's getting to you, and that's exactly what I want to happen.
I call you 13 all the time because you refuse to admit it even when it's abundantly clear that you are, and it pisses you off. Great success.

Not really, I act my age and say what I want to people. If I was acting like a 13 year old I'd probably type everything in abbreviations and would resort to petty things like, "Ur a dik" or "Go die", but I don't, I use my brain and come up with good arguments. You on the other hand...

This thought just crossed my mind. Maybe you're sad enough to start all these arguments with me to advance your post count.

Just a thought...
Actually quite a lot of people like the band.

It's not falling apart. Although I do I agree with you about the atheist and Christian thing (As I'm an atheist myself).

You're an idiot. I'm not going to say that I'm 13 because I'm not.

Show me one post where I've ever done anything like that!

Once again, you're an idiot. If I really cared that much about how many post I have, I would be at probably around 2,000 posts right now. Some people joined this site after I did and are already at 3,000 posts.