PDA

View Full Version : Plumb

magikman79
08-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Found this the other night & became hypnotized by it, so I thought Id share it...

YouTube- Plumb - In My Arms (Kaskade Radio Edit)

Tussell
08-23-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm so sick of cliche electronic music. Listen to Speedcore, Splittercore, or some dubstep. This stuff just doesn't cut it.

BarbaricGoose
08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Listen to Speedcore, Splittercore, or some dubstep. This stuff just doesn't cut it.

You know, in my eyes, those genres are becoming a bit of a cliche, too. Well, not dubstep, I don't even know what that is.

The trend that I keep noticing is that whenever someone brings them up, they seem to have a very condescending air about them. They think that they know what's best for everyone, and they exude arrogance. They act as if this is the only good music in the world and they're the only ones cool enough to enjoy it. I think that if any of those genres were to become popular, they'd hate them. I think they like the fact that the genres are unpopular, almost as much they like the music itself. Perhaps more so.

It's almost like the whole hipster movement, except instead of surrounding themselves with indie-rock, they choose obscure metal genres. I'd bet my hat - My favorite hat - that hipsters, and whatever the hell you want to call this insufferable group, become the same thing in 20 years.

Anyway.. I thought it was alright. I've never been too big a fan of techno, or whatever that is.

Tussell
08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
You know, in my eyes, those genres are becoming a bit of a cliche, too. Well, not dubstep, I don't even know what that is.

The trend that I keep noticing is that whenever someone brings them up, they seem to have a very condescending air about them. They think that they know what's best for everyone, and they exude arrogance. They act as if this is the only good music in the world and they're the only ones cool enough to enjoy it. I think that if any of those genres were to become popular, they'd hate them. I think they like the fact that the genres are unpopular, almost as much they like the music itself. Perhaps more so.

It's almost like the whole hipster movement, except instead of surrounding themselves with indie-rock, they choose obscure metal genres. I'd bet my hat - My favorite hat - that hipsters, and whatever the hell you want to call this insufferable group, become the same thing in 20 years.

Anyway.. I thought it was alright. I've never been too big a fan of techno, or whatever that is.
Dude, I'm not trying to be condescending. I know that I am kind of snobby when it comes to music, but realize, I also listen to a lot of mainstream music, such as Slipknot, Lamb of God, Alice Cooper, Static-X, and that's just naming a few. I'm sure people would have heard of at least 70% of my iTunes. I'm just saying that this music is being run dry, it's all the same and it's just annoying to listen to. It was just my opinion.

BarbaricGoose
08-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Dude, I'm not trying to be condescending. I know that I am kind of snobby when it comes to music, but realize, I also listen to a lot of mainstream music, such as Slipknot, Lamb of God, Alice Cooper, Static-X, and that's just naming a few. I'm sure people would have heard of at least 70% of my iTunes. I'm just saying that this music is being run dry, it's all the same and it's just annoying to listen to. It was just my opinion.

Yes, you have a tendency to be a snob, but my earlier message was not directed just at you. I don't think you have been condescending, just snobbish. :p

My earlier message was directed more at the.. uh.. metal hipsters? And I know it was your opinion. This is my opinion.

I think that to the untrained ear, a lot of music does sound alike. I hear people say metal sounds the same all the time, but they don't listen to it. Same for rap, country and now whatever Plumb is. Hell, hardcore, black metal, and metalcore all sounds the same to me, and you know why? Cause I don't listen to them.