PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Some Baseball

rhyan5
04-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I know its a bit early in the season but how do you think your favorite team fairs this year. I have a good feeling about the Pirates. They are playing their best baseball in years with Jason Bay and company. I have a feeling theyre going to make the playoffs.

Shaaady Souljah
04-28-2007, 11:31 PM
the pirates are looking good... on a 5 game win streak i think.

but, i don't know if they can stay ahead of all of the other good teams in their division (cards, reds, astros, etc.)

the brewers are hot now too, but i am afraid both will fizzle out. but hey, they said the same thing all year about the tigers last year and they made the world series. so i wish you and your team the best of luck! i would love to see a team come out of nowhere again like that...

as far as my twins go...they are kind of right where i expected them to be. not the best, but definitely one of the top teams in the A.L. if they can sneak into the playoffs again, watch out! liriano will be pitching then...

soflyinMS
04-29-2007, 05:02 AM
my braves are playing really well right now and with the revamped bullpen should be on top of the nl east all year long.

Shaaady Souljah
04-29-2007, 05:27 AM
my braves are playing really well right now and with the revamped bullpen should be on top of the nl east all year long.

your team's run of division titles was incredible. i'm glad you finally shared the wealth ;) you can officially get back on top again.

Jdm
04-29-2007, 06:01 AM
I <3 my Giants! After that 8 game winning streak we're out of last place, but we lost 2 games, yesterday and today to the D-backs which puts in 3rd place of our division. Hopefully we won't get swept and we win tomorrow's game.

Our pitching staff has done a great job. Slow start by Zito, but he's coming around. Matt Morris is 3-0 with an ERA of 2.49. He's going to start tomorrow's game against Randy Johnson. Morris has been pitching very well and I hope he can keep it up. Stop "booing" Benitez! He has been a true savior, saving 7 games and holding an ERA of 2.16.

What can I say about Barry Bonds? He has 8 HR so far and he's batting a whopping .362. I believe he hit number 742 today. I'm sure he'll break the record. It's just a matter of time I suppose.

I'm not sure how my Giants will fair this year. Even though the pitching staff is solid, the bullpen is like a roller coaster. Looks like the Bonds will have to carry most of the load, but even he has good and bad days. I hope they make it to the playoffs this year.

See you guys at the All-Star game!

Shaaady Souljah
04-29-2007, 06:33 AM
bonds juiced. booooo.... i wish he wouldn't break the record, but we all know he will and he will set the new bar pretty damn high as well.

that's just how i feel about him.

the giants are alright though...

rhyan5
04-29-2007, 09:16 PM
I think the AL and the NL need to have the same rules. Mostly with the DH which is unfair to the NL and doesnt follow the definition of baseball. Both of the league's commissioners need to talk about it and make a comprimise.

I'm also hoping that the NL will win the Playoffs this year. I dont care who does it really, Pirates or not. The NL hasnt won in awhile and I think theyre due.

Shaaady Souljah
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
the cardinals just won dude. what are you talking about?

and the NL has an advantage in world series with the way the leagues are set up. their pitchers are used to hitting, whereas the AL pitchers aren't.

Fonkey Monkey
04-30-2007, 01:00 AM
it will be a very gloomy day in baseball when bonds breaks the record....
im just glad selig isnt attending.

Shaaady Souljah
04-30-2007, 04:39 AM
it will be a very gloomy day in baseball when bonds breaks the record....
im just glad selig isnt attending.

yeah, and neither is Aaron. he said something along the lines of just wanting to go golf somewhere far away... good for him. :drunk

he will always be the Homerun Champ in my book.

Mothershed_52
04-30-2007, 05:32 AM
he will always be the Homerun Champ in my book.

Of course Hammerin' Hank will be the Homerun Champ, that is until Pujols takes that title from the rightful owner.

Also.....

I hope Barry Bonds breaks a arm or something. Can't stand him. Went from a stick neck to a Hemi engine neck. From his first years in the league til now it's like he is still hitting puberty though his voice hasn't deepened.

Fonkey Monkey
04-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Of course Hammerin' Hank will be the Homerun Champ, that is until Pujols takes that title from the rightful owner.

damn straight:woop:
i think that alex rodriguez will break it first, then pujols will break it.
and who knows where griffey would be without all the injurys.hes #10 all time, imagine if he had neevr been injured, really sad if you think about it:(

Pstar4542
04-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Juiced or not, Bonds has still put up H.O.F. numbers. I dislike him as much as the next guy, but 2800+hits, 700+homers, 500+stolen bases=H.O.F. Even though his head is the size of Rhode Island. I strongly believe that Pujols will break the all time record if he stays healthy.

Shaaady Souljah
04-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Bonds is a hall of famer, no doubt. His hand-eye coordination and pitch recognition are unmatched. BUT without the juice, he would not have 700+ HRs...that's my only beef with him.

A-Rod and Pujols both have the potential to break the record, but think about how long they would have to play to do it. Not a lot of guys play as many seasons as Bonds anymore. Hank Aaron played a TON of seasons as well... I do not think the record will be tested anytime in the next 25 years (except Bonds of course).

Fonkey Monkey
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
idk man alex already has 478, and he still has a good 10-12 years left in him.

Cause
04-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Im a texas rangers fan and i think we doing way below what we should. I know sammy sosa got 7 home runs but he shouldn't be batting 230. Our pitching is way to incosistant. Michael young ant even as good as he has showed in the past.

Tron
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I know its a bit early in the season but how do you think your favorite team fairs this year. I have a good feeling about the Pirates. They are playing their best baseball in years with Jason Bay and company. I have a feeling theyre going to make the playoffs.

who just took 2 of 3 from those Pirates? ahh thats rights... R-E-D-S REDS REDS REDS!!!!!!

bxbomber
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM
All the haters have begun their annual write off of the New York Yankees. All of the internet experts (CNNSI, ESPN, FoxSports, MLB.com). Is this a better team than past three years, I believe so. So don't count out the boys from the bronx.

Shaaady Souljah
04-30-2007, 07:45 PM
your hitting is unmatched...by far. but your pitching better get better fast. granted, once they are all healthy again, you will do better as well.

but hey, if you are doing bad come june you will just buy another handful of studs anyway ;) it must be rough to be a yankees fan

Pstar4542
04-30-2007, 08:14 PM
your hitting is unmatched...by far. but your pitching better get better fast. granted, once they are all healthy again, you will do better as well.

but hey, if you are doing bad come june you will just buy another handful of studs anyway ;) it must be rough to be a yankees fan :eek:
Well put.

Mr Arrow
04-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Juiced or not, Bonds has still put up H.O.F. numbers. I dislike him as much as the next guy, but 2800+hits, 700+homers, 500+stolen bases=H.O.F.

??? are you saying Bonds should be in the Hall of Fame or just that his cheating numbers are good enough to get in?

Please say the former because otherwise it's the same as having the answer key to a test and saying I deserve an A+ because of my test score!

Shaaady Souljah
04-30-2007, 08:28 PM
??? are you saying Bonds should be in the Hall of Fame or just that his cheating numbers are good enough to get in?

Please say the former because otherwise it's the same as having the answer key to a test and saying I deserve an A+ because of my test score!

Bonds would've been a H.O.F.er regardless. THAT is why it is a shame that he used. You can't give steroids to any average guy and say he would hit 700+HRs... he wouldn't even hit 1. I think Bonds would've hit around 500 or so without juice.

Bond's skills are amazing, and that makes it a shame and waste of amazing talent...

rhyan5
05-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Yeah I agree with you Bonds is a really good hitter, but I don't think he would even have 500 hr's, maybe 300. I still remember him as a Pirate, he was horrible but as soon as we traded him he starts doing good.

As for the Reds, last time i checked the Pirates are beating them in the standings. P-I-R-A-T-E-S PIRATES PIRATES PIRATES.

Jdm
05-01-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm a Giants' fan, and I know Bonds is one of the most hated players in baseball. Whether he's "juiced" or not, I just want him to help the team. In a lot of ways, he's in it for himself to break the HR record, but I just want to see him be a team player. Without Bonds, the Giants are really left with no power-hitter. Does Ray Durham or Bengie Molina count? I still don't understand why the Giants didn't pick up Vladimir Guerrero a few years back...

Shaaady Souljah
05-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Vlad+Bonds would've been really scary a few years ago! Too bad on that one... Durham and Molina are definitely not power hitters ;)

Bonds is extremely hated, but as a Giants fan there is not much you can do but cheer for him when he does well because it helps your team. I had the same issue when Randy Moss was still around here in Minnesota.

Jdm
05-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Vlad+Bonds would've been really scary a few years ago! Too bad on that one... Durham and Molina are definitely not power hitters ;)

Bonds is extremely hated, but as a Giants fan there is not much you can do but cheer for him when he does well because it helps your team. I had the same issue when Randy Moss was still around here in Minnesota.

I can relate. I cheer for Bonds now and in the past, I've cheered for T.O.(Terrell Owens) when he was with my Niners.

Bolt
05-06-2007, 03:23 PM
D-rays are tied for 2nd in the AL east AHEAD of those damned yankees!

Shaaady Souljah
05-06-2007, 04:44 PM
i was watching a twins game a week or so ago and the announcer mentioned that (at the time) the only 2 A.L. teams without 10 wins yet was the Royals (of course) and the Yankees.... HAHAHAHAAAAaaa...

spend that money george.

Dropkick Weasel
05-08-2007, 03:39 AM
I'm a diehard Mets fan, always have been always will be, and I was sure last year that they could've had it, but I'm more sure this year, even though they lost tonight.

deej brutal
05-08-2007, 03:46 AM
ive been a big time astros fan for most of my life, im used to the usual offensive struggles already, i just gotta wait for after the all star break for the stros to make their usual late season surge. only 7.5 games back, lets go on a 50 game winning streak lol i wish

ZuLu
05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
cards fan for life, just wish they could pick up some more marks in the W colomn this year... no fret, they'll pull something out :)