PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

PerpetualHeaven
04-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Hey everyone? How did your team(s) do and what surprised you so far?

Well, first Cleveland passed up on Quinn got Thomas and then got Quinn. What a freaking deal. They have some geniuses working there. This has been considered one of the best drafts by a team ever. They aren't my favourite team.

Next surprising thing was Ted Ginn Jr. Miami you guys are idiots. Quinn is a stable franchise QB. Daunte has been screwed since the Madden cover. Why oh why? Ginn is like 15+ pick not 9th. Pathetic.

Now for my teams. First Oakland. Oh yeah, Jamarcus Russell secured. Finally we made a sound desicion. I wouldn't have minded picking up Calvin Johnson then picking up Troy Smith or Drew Stanton (or trade down and get Quinn which they could have done) but Jamarcus... if you watched the first few minutes of the draft they showed him throwing 65 yards on his knees. Damn. Plus they picked an awesome TE. Now Detroit.. Drew Staton and Calvin Johnson. Awesome. My teams did really well. How about you guys? I'm sure any Bucs fan will be pissed because Gruden is a douche and doesn't like young QBs.

TS xManiaC
04-29-2007, 01:12 AM
My falcons had a pretty good draft so far. But i am really happy for UH. In the 2nd round, picks 58 and 60, Both Ikaika Alama-Francis and Samson Satele were drafted. Ikaika was drafted by the Lions and Samsom Satele was drafted by the Dolphins

Jdm
04-29-2007, 01:37 AM
My Niners drafted Patrick Willis(LB) at number 11 in the first round. Another LB added to the team. I swore they were going to go with a D-Linemen. Don't we have enough LB's?

Right across the bay, the Raiders choose JaMarcus Russell. No surprise there. Let's see what he can do for the slumping Raiders.

What happened to my Niners' 2nd round pick? It went to the Colts? I'm clearly missing something here.

shadow sniper
04-29-2007, 01:38 AM
new orleans got a new wr witch is good cuz the 2 good cb were taken and horn is not there anymore.....and how about the browns geting the good linemen and then geting quinn WOW luckey

Sweet666Kraven
04-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm rather happy with my Eagles taking Kolb. He has proven that he could fill the 2nd string role for McNabb (Although hopefully won't need to this season.)

Shaaady Souljah
04-29-2007, 01:52 AM
Adrian Peterson! :)

i am a happy vikings fan... and we got a decent WR to go with him.

Smokez
04-29-2007, 02:35 AM
FUCK Miami. They Royally Fucked up by skipping Brady just because they want that old fart Trent Green. I've been very mad at Miami and the things they have done so far except get Porter. If they would got Amobi instead of the PR I wouldnt so mad bc that line we destroy people.

PerpetualHeaven
04-29-2007, 02:38 AM
I think that's because they figured they'd just pick up John Beck. He's not a bad QB. I guess they'll model their franchise around him.

RedRaider717
04-29-2007, 03:45 AM
I'm pretty happy with my Cowboys. I'm especially excited about the Browns first round pick we get next year. I'll be rooting against the Browns every game this upcoming season!

soflyinMS
04-29-2007, 04:57 AM
I am a siants fan and am happy with our draft.whan miami took ginn over quinn my mouth hit the floor.Quinn is going to be a franchise qb.Ginn will be a
good kick return man at best.imo.

Smokez
04-29-2007, 05:18 AM
I am a siants fan and am happy with our draft.whan miami took ginn over quinn my mouth hit the floor.Quinn is going to be a franchise qb.Ginn will be a
good kick return man at best.imo.

Exactly. I Almost cried when they didn't pick Quinn

Walcherina
04-29-2007, 05:24 AM
I'm with shady, Adrian Peterson is bomb

Mothershed_52
04-29-2007, 05:38 AM
Haha. Miami is stupid. Though I cannot talk much with what my team did last year. They did add a good player, in Amobi Okoye. The youngest player ever too be drafted. Then we added another WR to compliment Andre Johnson. So overall I think we did well, hopefully add another defensive player in the last few rounds. We still need a LT as well.

RedRaider717
04-29-2007, 05:44 AM
I think Brady Quinn is overrated and will just be an average at best NFL quarterback.

DaNK
04-29-2007, 05:47 AM
pretty decent draft.......

El Salvadorion
04-29-2007, 08:26 AM
AH YEAH GO JAGS! traded to Broncos and still got what they wanted and GET TO STILL PICK 10 TOMMAROW!!! WE GOT A S,LB,AND WR WE WIN!!!

PerpetualHeaven
04-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I think Brady Quinn is overrated and will just be an average at best NFL quarterback.

Everyone is saying he's overrated but Charlie Weis coached him to where he is now and he said there is a lot of Tom Brady in Brady Quinn. So who knows. I would take Charlie Weis word for it. No one thought Tom Brady was the hot stuff. He went late. Brady Quinn can now come out and prove them wrong.

Anyways, more on my team. We picked up Quentin Moses. I'm really happy because our D-line is aging really bad and Quentni Moses has drew comparsions to JASON TAYLOR from Miami. That is a very high comparsion. Unfortunately his last season at College compared to his season before wasn't as high so he dropped. So I think he was a steal. Also picked up Mario Henderson to buff up the O-line and picked up the fastest player in the draft in Johnnie Lee Hoggins. We could probably use him as slot receiver and a returner. Huge threat. Drew comparsions to early Joey Galloway. I'm happy :) We still have a ton of picks left. I think the offense can greatly improve still from 4th rounders.

I'm with shady, Adrian Peterson is bomb

Yeah they're saying that Peterson can be one of the all-time best RBs the league has ever seen. Let's hope he can stay healthy. I was watching clips of him. So explosive.

The Pants Party
04-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Lions haven't had a good WR pick in ages, but we'll see if this one works out, because Charles Rogers and Mike Williams were both busts... should be good though, as long as he wants to play for us.

I was surprised they picked Drew Stanton after that, I mean they needed a QB, but I didn't think he would be their choice. He's a decent guy, and Lions/Tigers have always been "throw a ton of B/B+ guys together and hope they all stay healthy and play well together" and it's been working for the Tigers, now it's the Lions turn.

Overall I'm pretty happy, but they need to prove their worth for sure.

Jellius16
04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
i'm a chiefs fan.. and there's not much to say about what they did in the draft...

what i am more into is what they would have done had the browns not traded up for quinn, the chiefs had the next pick at 23. i bet they would've gone after quinn!

AHH! the rotten luck.. o well?

does anyone know where troy smith went? i saw that he was projected like 3rd round? whats up with that..?

messym
04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty stoked. The Pats have only selected 1 player but, traded their #28 for SF's #1 next year (likely to be a higher pick) and SF's 4th rounder this year. Then they parlayed the SF #4 for Randy Moss. Times are good in NE right now. Plus the pats have a bunch of later round picks to use.

Worst move in draft goes to Miami though. They need to build around somebody. They are going to regret losing Brady Quinn.

Krazie
04-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I think the Niners are having a pretty good draft so far, filling a lot of holes in the defense, and even traded a fourth round pick to Seattle for Darrell Jackson which is HUGE in my opinion..

J Lo
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Whoever is a fan of the St. Louis Rams is lucky to have gotten Brian Leonard because he is beast! He was amazing in Rutgers with his vertical leap over players. He was amazing and you will be happy to see him play.

TS xManiaC
04-29-2007, 06:22 PM
does anyone know where troy smith went? i saw that he was projected like 3rd round? whats up with that..?

he still hasnt been drafted, and it is the 5th round right now

PerpetualHeaven
04-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Lions haven't had a good WR pick in ages, but we'll see if this one works out, because Charles Rogers and Mike Williams were both busts... should be good though, as long as he wants to play for us.

I was surprised they picked Drew Stanton after that, I mean they needed a QB, but I didn't think he would be their choice. He's a decent guy, and Lions/Tigers have always been "throw a ton of B/B+ guys together and hope they all stay healthy and play well together" and it's been working for the Tigers, now it's the Lions turn.

Overall I'm pretty happy, but they need to prove their worth for sure.

Beck and Kolb were gone and they needed a new QB. I guess they felt that Stanton was perfect size and they could mold him into a good player. He didn't play too well in College so I'm surprised he got picked. I think they should have picked up Troy Smith instead. His team was extremely good, he's fast and has better accuracy then Stanton. I would have used the 2nd rounder on someone else and picked up Troy Smith in the 4th round. He went 5th round to Baltimore.

Also, I don't think Mike Williams is a bust. He just wasn't motivated. Now he was traded to Oakland and he's with Kiffan who was his coach at USC. He'll get Mike Williams back in shape and give him a starting role in Oakland. He's an extremely great talent. Problem is Charles Rogers is still good he's just injured all the time. No chance to even perform. As for Calvin Johnson, they're saying he's one the best player to enter the draft in 10 years.

As for that Ted Ginn Jr. I think they picked him up because of what they saw in Hester. Hester isn't as multi-purpose like Ted Ginn is but Ted was just as good if not a better returner then Hester in college ball. They're hoping to get that kind of special teams and also have a really quick slot receiver. I think he could make a good impact but not Brady Quinn impact.

Jdm
04-30-2007, 12:46 AM
I think the Niners are having a pretty good draft so far, filling a lot of holes in the defense, and even traded a fourth round pick to Seattle for Darrell Jackson which is HUGE in my opinion..

WHAT A TWIST!!!

Across the bay, the Raiders trade away a receiver and we trade for a receiver.

The Oakland Raiders unloaded Randy Moss to the New England Patriots for a 4th Round Pick. Seriously...a 4th Round Pick? WOW! Randy Moss, IMO is worth more than a 4th Round Pick. I know he has had his moments, especially with the Silver and Black, but "if" he wanted to bring his A-game(which I'm sure Coach Belichick will MAKE him bring), he will be a monster target for Tom Brady and could very well give the Patriots another Super Bowl title.

As for my S.F. Niners, they traded a 4th Round Pick to the Seattle Seahawks for Darrell Jackson. I was fairly surprised when I found out about the trade, but it's NO surprise that we need more depth at the WR position. We'll see how Darrell Jackson and Ashley Lelie can help Alex Smith and company. BTW, is it wrong to ask, how come the Niners didn't trade their 4th Round Pick for Randy Moss instead?

Overall, I think the Niners have done an excellent job this off-season in filling needs on both offense and defense. I can't wait to see how the regular season will turn out.

P.S. I wonder how much money the Niners will be left with after signing their Draft Picks? They spent quite a lot of money signing Free Agents, but what will be left? Last I heard, they were left with about 11 Million. I hope they don't trap themselves in Salary-Cap HELL again.

Jdm
04-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Sorry for the double-post.

To the Cleveland Brown fans out there...I really thought Brady Quinn would be drafted earlier than #22 in the First Round, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Tim Couch. I know you guys remember what a BUST he was. Sorry to bring up such bad memories. Good luck to you Browns' fans.

Fonkey Monkey
04-30-2007, 12:50 AM
i cant believe troy smith went in the 5th round.... wasnt he expected to be high 1st?

Cause
04-30-2007, 01:03 AM
My 49ers did one of the best drafts sense Ive been watching football 20 years ago. Getting darrell jackson is something great. A 1st receiver is hard to come by. The trading a #1 round pick to new england next year, isn't as bad as it seems. We go the colts #1 next year so it wont be too bad. We filled the holes we need. Patrick Willis the best lb in the draft will beef up are defence. Joe stanley is our replacement for kwamie harris (just kidden). Jason hill is a tall speedy receiver but he drops the ball to much in college. The only thing i think is dumb is picking up 3 de ends. That kinda pisses me off i understand there trying to find the best but really. We should have picked up a 3rd qb. Smith is good but if he get hurt, Dilfer is getting really old and i dont know how long he going to play for.

Jdm
04-30-2007, 01:09 AM
My 49ers did one of the best drafts sense Ive been watching football 20 years ago. Getting darrell jackson is something great. A 1st receiver is hard to come by. The trading a #1 round pick to new england next year, isn't as bad as it seems. We go the colts #1 next year so it wont be too bad. We filled the holes we need. Patrick Willis the best lb in the draft will beef up are defence. Joe stanley is our replacement for kwamie harris (just kidden). Jason hill is a tall speedy receiver but he drops the ball to much in college. The only thing i think is dumb is picking up 3 de ends. That kinda pisses me off i understand there trying to find the best but really. We should have picked up a 3rd qb. Smith is good but if he get hurt, Dilfer is getting really old and i dont know how long he going to play for.

Man, the Niners drafted 3 DE??? I know that we needed a D-Lineman, but 3? I'm speechless...I was unaware that they drafted 3 DE. I agree with you and the Niners should have drafted a backup QB. Hopefully they won't have to use any backup OB's. If we need one, let's start searching for a trade or someone in the FA market.

El Salvadorion
04-30-2007, 01:35 AM
The Jags pratically stole Denver

Cpt.Razkit
04-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Troy Smith is a Baltimore Raven. :Bounce:

El Salvadorion
04-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Im really suprised they picked him

PerpetualHeaven
04-30-2007, 02:18 AM
i cant believe troy smith went in the 5th round.... wasnt he expected to be high 1st?

Yeah until he had off the field issues, played poorly in the senior bowl and the championship game, PLUS he's 6'0 which many teams find too small way too small. So it's a combination off to many crappy things unfortunately. I thought he was the 3rd best QB in the draft next to Quinn and Russell. Instead a ton of other Qbs went a head of him even though his team was one of the best in the country. I think as a 5th rounder, Troy Smith is a steal. My personal opinion but many hate him. He's good in the red zone.

Cause
04-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Man, the Niners drafted 3 DE??? I know that we needed a D-Lineman, but 3? I'm speechless...I was unaware that they drafted 3 DE. I agree with you and the Niners should have drafted a backup QB. Hopefully they won't have to use any backup OB's. If we need one, let's start searching for a trade or someone in the FA market.
Ya we drafted jay moore, joe cohen, and ray Mcdonald. There all defensive ends. I mean at least one of these guys wont make the roster most likely. We would probably keep at corner back on the regular roster then that.

Mustkill9
04-30-2007, 04:46 AM
My New York Giants report:

Vegas has the Giants as the 7th most likely team to win the Super Bowl and the over under is 9 wins. But I expect the Giants to win 6 games this year. Maybe 7 because they have an easy schedule (Green Bay AND the Jets in the first 5 games?!) The Giants are on the way down, and I'm even going to predict this year the team is going to rise up against coach Tom Coughlin publicly or privately in a major way.

The Giants had lots of holes to address. The defense is bad. The Giants had the 28th ranked pass defense last year. And besides the 3 stars, Manning, Burress, and Shockey, the offense is bad with the retirement of Barber.

I actually love their first pick of Aaron Ross CB Texas. I think he could even become great. I really don't like the 2nd round pick Steve Smith WR USC. He looks slow to me, and if he loses a step, then he's really going to be slow. I think that being on a great USC team made him look better than he is. 3rd round was Jay Alford Penn St DT- I honestly don't know anything about him, but I think the Giants had more important problems than DT. I can't see 4th round pick Zak DeOssie LB Brown amounting to much, and unfortunately, the Giants only have one legitimate LB, Antonio Pierce. The Giants didn't address the offensive line until the 6th round, and I'm not happy that it looks like the RBs are going to be Brandon Jacobs, who I think is overrated, and Reuben Droughns who has already proven in 8 years to be below average, and Jim I don't belong in the NFL Finn at FB.

It wasn't an easy draft for the Giants because they have so many weaknesses, but I'd say they did an average job at best.

Norad45
04-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams....gonna be th best duo WR's in the NFL! Cant wait untill next season starts:locked

messym
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
mustkill the 4th rounder guys picked up is really good. In all likelihood NE would have picked him w/ their 4th but you got him first. DeOussie's only problem is that he played Ivy League so he didn't get the press or competition of 1A. I think you will be pleasantly surprised w/ how good the kid is.

Mustkill9
05-01-2007, 03:30 AM
mustkill the 4th rounder guys picked up is really good. In all likelihood NE would have picked him w/ their 4th but you got him first. DeOussie's only problem is that he played Ivy League so he didn't get the press or competition of 1A. I think you will be pleasantly surprised w/ how good the kid is.

After further review, I think you're right. I'm very happy with that 4th round pick. I was just thinking 4th round, white guy, the strong competition in the NFL, and you know it's a minus not playing for a better team than Brown. His father was Steve DeOssie, a pretty good LB and a member of the Giants 1990 Super Bowl winning team. I was young then, but the people around me thought Steve DeOssie was an excellent LB.

Nodogg
05-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams....gonna be th best duo WR's in the NFL! Cant wait untill next season starts:locked

I'd have to disagree there. I'll put my money on Reggie Wayne & Marvin Harrison as the best duo WR's next season.

bdg7884
05-02-2007, 02:04 AM
I'd have to disagree there. I'll put my money on Reggie Wayne & Marvin Harrison as the best duo WR's next season.
I totally agree with you. The Lions duo will be good but not as good. Don't count out the tag team of the Patriots! Moss and Stallworth :eek: Brady goes from no targets to many... Go 49ers!

Nothingface
05-02-2007, 04:29 AM
well as a packer fan i really dont know. we got a good DT but we dont need one and a lot of guys who have potential and are works in progress.

Nodogg
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I totally agree with you. The Lions duo will be good but not as good. Don't count out the tag team of the Patriots! Moss and Stallworth :eek: Brady goes from no targets to many... Go 49ers!

Brady likes to spread the ball around too much. I think Moss was a good pick up for the Pats but I'm not 100% convienced yet. If we are talking about duo, just two guys it's got to go to Wayne & Harrison, or possible Chad Johnson and Who's-ya-momma

Tripl299
05-03-2007, 02:17 AM
If you are talking about great wide receiver combos, I think everybody is forgetting about 1 pretty good group. The arizona cardinals, A. Boldin and L. Fitzgerald. Now they have a good young quarterback for a full year. Their numbers are going to be good, because they are going to have to throw the ball alot because they will always be playing from behind. Don't forget that they don't have Edge running the ball.

I'm not a Cardinals fan, but just wanted to add them to the list of great recieving combos.

My team really messed up in the draft, highly upset with it. I'm thinking that maybe they want to lose this year under this new coach so that they can fire him and hire Bill Cowher!!!

Just a thought

Hoof Hearted25
05-03-2007, 05:12 PM
isnt it funny how keyshawn is sayin this is a wonderful pick ill work with jarret and two days later he is cut by the panthers