290,000 Reward - Fast Action Rifle

Reward Challenges

Achieve a hole in one - Health Power up
12 Leaps over the Triple Trap - Ammo power up
Extend the bridge in 4:00 minutes or less - Two Arrows of Tezcatlipoca
Defeat Leglion, Queen of all spiders - Clay Feather
Collect 10 Red Skulls - Stone Owl

Guide

First room wander in. Kill all the spiders that spawn out of the pit ahead of you. Now with them dead you can pull the lever to raise a grapple ring on the otherside. Jump over and grapple, is timed so don't dawdle.

(Speed Run Shortcut - Ignore the spiders and the lever run in and hurl a spear into the wall over the middle of the pit then spear jump over and through the door.)

Next area head left quickly and grab the gems (ignore if on speed run) then head right and Grapple over the gap and then jump onto the 'First Counter Weight'. Keep moving forward (spiders). Step on the switch and head through the door. Shuts behind you and prepare for a fight. Tip - Ball in the corner can be used as a nice weapon here. Kill the monsters then grab the ball picking up Skull 1/10 that you will find under it. Roll ball into fire pit and continue on.

When you reach the Health shrine we also find out first challenge room and this levels weapon. Flame Thrower.

Challenge Room.

Grab the Flame Thrower and either auto equip it by using a d-pad direction or hit back and equip it in your inventory. When it is equipped just stand on the spot let rip and spin around to burn em all. (Tactic courtesy of Zombie Apocolypse :D)

Head out and continue through the level.

Achieve a Hole in one

Next up is the hole in one Challenge area. Goal here is to splode the ball into the hole in one smooth action. Plant a bomb and time your sploding. If you fail walk in flames to reset.

Ammo Upgrade - On the wall between the Ball and the firepit you will see a ledge/break in the wall. Spear Jump up here to collect the upgrade.

Continue on

Activate the next two counter weights after killling spiders.

Head up the stairs you find after jumping over the gaps using the weight you lower to the 'Triple Trap' area.

12 Leaps over the Triple Trap.

JUMP! Dont get hit.

Collect the 3 skulls here (skulls 2/10 3/10 and 4/10)

Then blow up the triple trap to score a hidden relic (Clay Feather).

Score Challenge note - Some times a stray ball can roll down the stairs taking out a nice big fat group of spiders (Score) that spawn when you destry the trap. Best thing to do is position yourself at the top of the stairs blow the trap and turn around and waste the spiders.

Head down the stairs and continue on.

Skull 5/10

In the next room you will see a 4 spike plates. One is up the other 3 are down.
Simply walk over these three to raise them. When all are up a little alcove opens to allow access to skull 5/10.

Continue down the stairs to the Spider Tomb spike room. Your aim here is to walk on the pressure plate in the spike area to open the way forward. You will also see Challenge room 2. To open this walk over on the spike plates so all the spikes are raised at the same time. Done correctly it will also net you an achievement(Beat a better mouse trap). There is already a good topic on how to do this on the forum so I won't elaborate.

Head into the Challenge room

Challenge Room 2

Here you will see more spike plates and no definite way around the room after you activate them all. Use your Spear to make some platforms. 2 spears on the wall at the back of the tomb and one to the left wall should help you across. Now run over the spike plates and jump onto your spears and back to safety. (Hopefully). Relic here forget what it is though >.<

Pop out the challenge Room and continue on through the other door. Head down the stairs jumping the gap. Grapple the hook and slide down to the Health upgrade. This will also spawn a few extra spiders that follow you back up nipping at your heels so do it when on a score run run even if u have collected the upgrade. Slide up and down at the bottom twice to spawn em.

Climb up and continue on killing spiders in this area.

Step on the Pressure plate. Wait for the spinning thing to stop. Chuck a spear at it and jump to it. Ride the spear and jump of onto the other side when it is safe. Here you will find the last counter weight. Activate then backtrack to take on the Queen.

Defeat Leglion, Queen of all spiders.

When she and her minions are dead do not continue on. Instead back track through the level. Heading for the triple trap area. You will be able to jump down from up here and back track further through the level. Do this. All the way to the 'First Counter Weight'. Jump on and ride it down to the bottom and the Final Relic. (I know took a while to figure that out :p).

Then head back past where we killed the spider and down the stairs.

Skull 10/10 Aiming ahead halfway down the stairs throw a spare ahead. At bottom of stairs do it again. Walk forward and hopefully u can jump up the 2 spears and then upto the final skull. If you have not quite done it right just back up and try again.

The Bridge.

Okay run onto the bridge. Your goal here is to destroy the barrels on top of the monstrous spike thing. Then as it rolls towards you either drop of the edge of the bridge behind you (lara auto grabs and hangs on the edge the spike thing rolls harmlessly over her) or lay a bomb and back up sploding the bomb when the rolling spike monstrosity is on top of it then rolling underneath.

Finish the level.

Score Challenge -

Score Challenge can be quite tough here. The key is to keep your Power meter full the whole way. Move slowly be patient. Collect all the gems destroy all the earns. If you find it to hard come back later with better equipment. (Golden Shotgun kills spider Queen in one shot :D)

Time challenge -

Don't stop to kill things you don't have too. Speed through the level. The first fire pit choke point the ball is a great squishing weapon or jsut ignore the monsters and hope you get the bal on the hole. You can roll through the ball as it animates settling fully on the pit. Get it on the hole asap. Same at the second Fire Pit choke point. Get the ball in there asap and keep pushing on. Might seem of a hard time to beat but it really isn't. Use the bomb and roll technique to speed past the Spiked monstrousity as it rolls towards you at the end - very fast way to the exit.

Hope this helps :D

Disclaimer

Contents here in are all my own work.Credit to others is given where due.Any similarity to any guides currently around is purely coincidental. Unless otherwise stated.

Special thanks to Tyger7 whom I borrowed the excellent layout from. Great colour coding to make it relatively easy to skim through to find the areas you need help on.

Really enjoyed playing through the single player twice. I look forward to seeing some of you online when Coop is released.

EliteShadowMan
08-24-2010, 01:34 AM
wow...that looks just like tygers guide! your a genius!

zurk78
08-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanked to the Op of this guide.

Seany Show
08-24-2010, 09:07 AM
wow...that looks just like tygers guide! your a genius!

Haha plagiarism FTW.

So you stole the layout from Tygers guide and just put in text where he had videos instead. Smart...

Hawaiian
08-24-2010, 10:34 AM
why not have 2 guides? don't know whats the problem here, i think two different guides will help people more than just 1 guide

Tyger7
08-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah 2 guides isn't bad. Just naming it how I'm naming it and using my format will confuse people. I am writing these and compiling them into my main collectibles guide as links. That way people can go to one easy thread to find all of them. I'm actuallly wanting all of mine to get lost in the threads, and the main discussion, if any, be brought to the collectibles guide. It's not a big deal to write more than one guide, just be careful not to confuse people who might see the title/format and think that I wrote it (since I'll have all the levels).

LongtimeSpanky
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Yes I 'borrowed' the layout from Tyger7. Seemed smart to try and keep the guides Uniform. I can see how my actions could cause confusion. Sorry I unintentionally caused any confusion or upset anybody. I could obviously see his intention to have all the levels but at the end of the day my goal was to help people and keep things clean and smart. I figured his guides would replace mine anyways when he was finished. If there is a next time I will be sure to proceed in a different manner. I will edit my guides accordingly to give credit where it is due. I will point out though that other than the layout both guides are all my own work (and relatively useful to some). I was just eager to put my experiences with the game to good use, made it all seem some how more worthwhile.
Also I am pretty sure if I acknowledge the source of my 'Plagiarism' it is no longer 'Plagiarism' ^_- (Such a harsh word)

Hope this Helps.

Tyger7
08-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes I 'borrowed' the layout from Tyger7. Seemed smart to try and keep the guides Uniform. I can see how my actions could cause confusion. Sorry I unintentionally caused any confusion or upset anybody. I could obviously see his intention to have all the levels but at the end of the day my goal was to help people and keep things clean and smart. I figured his guides would replace mine anyways when he was finished. If there is a next time I will be sure to proceed in a different manner. I will edit my guides accordingly to give credit where it is due. I will point out though that other than the layout both guides are all my own work (and relatively useful to some). I was just eager to put my experiences with the game to good use, made it all seem some how more worthwhile.
Also I am pretty sure if I acknowledge the source of my 'Plagiarism' it is no longer 'Plagiarism' ^_- (Such a harsh word)

Hope this Helps.

Well it was all in your own words, and trust me sometimes people need things explained differently in order to understand it. You can use that layout if you want to, since I'm should be finished up by today or tomorrow. If you want to do more of a guide on how to beat the levels that could come in handy too. I've only been giving a very brief description.